Frightday Six: The Mystery of Elisa Lam

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Bump!

I watched the new 4 part series on Netflix and remembered this thread:

So the end result is nothing spooky at all but actually a bunch of coincidences surrounding the main issue at hand, a young woman with bipolar disorder who ultimately died by accident. whilst battling depression and using Tumblr as an outlet for her woes.

I feel bad for Morbid the musician who the internet detectives absolutely ruined by branding him as the murderer even though he was at the hotel at a completely different date to Lam's stay there. He even attempted suicide at one point due to the eBullying and death threats he was getting. It's sad that nobody said sorry to him after the whole ordeal was over.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So how did she end up in the tank?

So how did she end up in the tank?

She climbed up... The hatch was open when the janitor/service guys found her but was closed when the police got there so between those two timeframes someone had closed it probably in good faith to stop any contamination of the scene I imagine or whatever. The investigator states that when inside the tank if the water is full you could reach for the hatch ledge and pull yourself up, but if residents are using the water (which they were) then there's no chance. She fell in, maybe she was curious or she wanted to feel isolated due to her condition - Bipolar and depression are no light conditions... Once inside the tank it would have been cold too so hypothermia may have played a contribution. In this scenario too people may well strip off their clothing to lighten what feels like a heavy load load in an attempt to free themselves.

Tragic accident.

Soldato
I read about this loads when SKYND released their track about her and also when this thread was created. Also watched the 4 part documentary that was about 2 parts too long but it was interesting to note that the main part that caused the confusion was the water tank hatch being closed when in reality it was found open.

Also whilst never going to be a fan of the Mexican death metal guy Morbid it was sad to hear his story and how he got the blame pinned on him with no apologies. And how law enforcement etc weren't fond of the Internet 'sleuths'.

All in all a sad tale but one it seems in a place full of other sad tales.

Back
Top Bottom