Significant age gaps in relationships

Caporegime
No, I avoid dating anyone new at that age because many will have baby rabies.

She's not forcing me to have kids anytime soon so I won't be binning her off.

Kind of get you.
I also would be very wary of dating early 30s ish to late 30s. If they definitely don't want kids that's fine.

I guess the benefit is at that age a girl likely knows if she does/doesn't want kids.

Soldato
Kind of get you.
I also would be very wary of dating early 30s ish to late 30s. If they definitely don't want kids that's fine.

I guess the benefit is at that age a girl likely knows if she does/doesn't want kids.

I've seen to many say they don't want kids, then they hit their 30s and "accidentally" popped out a baby.

I don't trust any woman who says they don't want kids unless its for medical reasons.

Caporegime
I've seen to many say they don't want kids, then they hit their 30s and "accidentally" popped out a baby.

I don't trust any woman who says they don't want kids unless its for medical reasons.

Yeah I've heard someone mention about planning that. I was disgusted, and said as much. I don't think most people would. But it does happen. I can't even imagine. It's like a life sentence

Once someone (guy or girl) gets the baby idea in their head, it's often a done deal. People often go from no kids to wanting kids. Rarely the other way around

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Yeah I've heard someone mention about planning that. I was disgusted, and said as much. I don't think most people would. But it does happen. I can't even imagine. It's like a life sentence

One of my exes told me her friend said to her, "I don't care who I have a child with as long as I have one". That sounds crazy but it's honesty. I think it's really how a lot of women feel.

Soldato
One of my exes told me her friend said to her, "I don't care who I have a child with as long as I have one". That sounds crazy but it's honesty. I think it's really how a lot of women feel.

It definitely is, or even more so, they want a child with a man who has already got lots of children with lots of other women, and one that is hyper aggressive and abusive. This means their child will have those genes and also be hyper masculine and go on to have lots of children (evolution). Doesn’t matter that that dad won’t stick around, because single mothers are the normal now.

Caporegime

Not sure if it's a lot. But yes. It happens too much. I guess the richer you are the more careful you have to be. It must be hard to know if your partner is with you for reasons you think.

Why anyone would want a kid with someone who doesn't want one I don't know. I mean it's a bit different to a new gpu. It's not a possession or object.

Soldato

I know someone who took that approach and had children with a man with all sorts of undesirable personality traits. Blokes never been able to hold down a job due to these traits. One of the children has inherited most if not all of those traits and is frankly speaking an obnoxious unpleasant child who is having to be taken out of school because she just can't cope with it. Its an interesting case of nature vs nuture. The father has very little input into their upbringing.

Associate
I've only had two relationships (hell I struggle to really count the second one)
Of those the first was 2 months younger than me, the second 4 or 5 years older I can't remember exactly. The older one felt that even that half decade was enough that she didn't feel we could ever truly have anything in common because it meant we grew up with different things and thus she would always feel like I'm way younger than her rather than simply a few years.
Thinking on that and the fact that I was born in 92 and was therefore at the tail end of the millennial generation, if I were to date down even 4 years myself I would be looking at a complete generational shift. I suppose it's not really any kind of issue it just FEELS odd

People often go from no kids to wanting kids. Rarely the other way around
I went that way. Desperately wanted children when I was with my ex-fiancee but since she left me a good many years ago now I pretty much abhor the idea.
That said I think this is largely down to the fact I wanted to have children with her specifically. I'm sure if I ever again meet anyone I love as much as I did her that I'll start wanting a child again

Last edited:
Soldato

And that's how we have the on going problem of broken families and single mothers.

If those women didn't have the help of Daddy Government, they would think twice about having a child without a reliable father.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
And that's how we have the on going problem of broken families and single mothers.

If those women didn't have the help of Daddy Government, they would think twice about having a child without a reliable father.

It's the reason why the word "babydaddy" exists. Sign of the times. I've heard it used totally unironically as well, such as, "oh, she had a kid, who's the babydaddy?" rather than "who's the father?". Just weird.

Soldato
It's the reason why the word "babydaddy" exists. Sign of the times. I've heard it used totally unironically as well, such as, "oh, she had a kid, who's the babydaddy?" rather than "who's the father?". Just weird.

Which is another word imported from the American vocabulary :D

When I say, I don't date women with kids, I get criticised :rolleyes: It wasn't that bad 15 years ago.

Associate
10yrs between me an my now wife.

Met in work when she was 21, she's just turned 35.

I'm punching well above my weight.

Had our ups and downs but all is great, have a 6yr old and another on the way now.

Nobody seemed to care about the age difference and thinking back we clicked right away.

If it works go for it. Sod what anyone else thinks.

Back
Top Bottom