Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
To give some hints. I put the head strap on first, without the quest 2 attached, and make sure that's setup comfortably. You should have some added foam inserts etc (I bought extras due to a long narrow head). Then for me, I have the holding arms on the furthest forward slot that the screw goes into, and angled down. Then I place the quest 2 into the arms, and onto my head, with the arms almost completely tightened. Push the quest 2 onto your face until it's just the right distance, then tighten the arm screws to hold it where it should be, on the face, but still with the whole weight taken by the strap.

You should be able to use velcro straps to hold a battery pack on. There's one or two included with the headstrap I believe (one to hold the front foam to the headset, I took that one off, though may try adding it back actually). As you may have seen in my photos, I've actually left the vertical strap from the original on my quest, and attached it all the way to the back to the battery strap, as it helps counterbalance better in my mind.

Cheers Mate. What you say makes sense, so I will start all over again later :)

Yeah, I was thinking velcro straps. Just a little disappointed that there wasn't anywhere for a powerbank to click into.

Soldato
OP
Cheers Mate. What you say makes sense, so I will start all over again later :)

Yeah, I was thinking velcro straps. Just a little disappointed that there wasn't anywhere for a powerbank to click into.

If he doesn't know what bank you're using, he can't make a size :D. Does it have a platform at the bottom for it to at least rest on (whilst you strap it in with velcro)?

I'm trying to figure out now how I can strap the quest 2 to the front strap, whilst still using the vertical to the battery pack as well...

Soldato
And The MVH Studio head mount arrived. It looks better than the pictures suggest.

I got the Universal one. I am sorry I didn't go for one of the other ones, it doesn't come with any way to hold in a powerbank. It has a place to rest on but no way to secure it. So I am going to have to get some straps of some sort.

Haven't had time to set it up properly yet. I did do a quick test and even with just that quick test I can tell it's going to be more comfortable than the Elite strap. It takes the weight completely off my forehead and face. You can also use it without a facial interface installed, so you can get the lenses really close to your eyes. But, there is a lot of light leakage.

Will be doing a longer test later. See if it puts any painful pressure on other part of your head. And see how good it is with quick head movements etc.

Mine arrived today as well. Same thoughts; very comfortable on first impressions, but a little disappointed by the "Universal Power Bank Mount". Also don't really get what the extra foam is for. Some basic instructions wouldn't go amis TBH.

Also, mine arrived broken. One of the tabs snapped off one of the arms. Not the end of the world, as the headset still seems secure. But another small disappointment.

Soldato
OP
The larger foam piece can go onto the base of the skull bit (where it tightens in), the thinner bits go on the top two headstraps.

EDIT - I think there's some instructions on his Youtube (maybe for hte quest 1 version).

Soldato
I’ll have a watch it a bit. Take me to my next question about head strap. Seems I have some research to do

Basically, the official headstrap is expensive for what it does. The GOMRVR halo strap is very comfy but not as secure in very active games, and we should be getting some feedback from those getting the MVH studios strap very soon.
There are a ton of links and vids posted in this thread listing most of the most popular straps. At the end of the day, it's all down to use case and comfort.

Soldato
I’ll have a watch it a bit. Take me to my next question about head strap. Seems I have some research to do

Gomrvr halo strap is the best I've tried..fits perfectly, very comfy and I've never had an issue with it not being secure when playing active games.
Everyone will be different though and what suits someone will not suit another as everyone's head shape is different

Soldato
Thinking of getting the official case and elite strap with battery bundle. Anyone got it and what are your thoughts?

I've got the case and batter strap set.

The case doesn't have much room for accessories (e.g. charger and headphones), and the zipper feels a bit fragile, but it's a good fit for the headset and offers excellent protection.

Also to put the headset back in the case I have to wind the strap back in, as when it's adjusted for my head it's too long for the case (but this is really quick and easy to do).

I love the strap as it makes the headset more comfortable and is easy to adjust. Though I have added a VR Cover facial interface and rear cushion which makes it even more comfortable and also allows me to slip the headset on and off without having to adjust it.

The battery links with the headset so you can see how much power is left in both the internal and external battery. It has a passthrough charge socket, so charging the external battery also charges the internal one. Unfortunately the passthrough doesn't pass data, which is a shame as the battery charging port position would be ideal for plugging in a link cable so it doesn't get in the way.

I find the external battery drains if you leave it plugged in to the headset when the headset is off so I normally unplug it when not in use.

There have been reports of some headstraps cracking, but Oculus is quick to replace them if they do.

Soldato
I've got the case and batter strap set.

The case doesn't have much room for accessories (e.g. charger and headphones), and the zipper feels a bit fragile, but it's a good fit for the headset and offers excellent protection.

Also to put the headset back in the case I have to wind the strap back in, as when it's adjusted for my head it's too long for the case (but this is really quick and easy to do).

I love the strap as it makes the headset more comfortable and is easy to adjust. Though I have added a VR Cover facial interface and rear cushion which makes it even more comfortable and also allows me to slip the headset on and off without having to adjust it.

The battery links with the headset so you can see how much power is left in both the internal and external battery. It has a passthrough charge socket, so charging the external battery also charges the internal one. Unfortunately the passthrough doesn't pass data, which is a shame as the battery charging port position would be ideal for plugging in a link cable so it doesn't get in the way.

I find the external battery drains if you leave it plugged in to the headset when the headset is off so I normally unplug it when not in use.

There have been reports of some headstraps cracking, but Oculus is quick to replace them if they do.

Really appreciate such a thorough response. I think I'm swayed!

Back
Top Bottom