Password managers

Associate
I’ve been a free user of lastpass but will look at Bitwarden. Anyone staying with lastpass might want to go through topcashback.

Soldato
Thanks, I'm going to transfer over to BitWarden. I used to pay for LaspPass, at one point you had to have premium to use the program on computer and mobile, then they removed that option and I downgraded to the free account. Seeing them lock them down again is disappointing.

Associate
Used Bitwarden for a few days now and it works just the same as Lastpass. I use it on an iPad, Phone and laptop with no problems, just like I did with Lastpass.
Found out about it from this thread, so thanks all for the recommendation.

Soldato
I guess you haven't used LogMeIn (who now own LastPass) before.

I've been using lastpass for quite a number of years, and when i'd heard that logmein had bought lastpass i knew the end was in sight.

Logmein was 'THE' go-to for remote desktop software back in the day, until they decided to can it for free access. Now many years later they're doing the exact same thing with lastpass.

I'd be interested to know their subscriber numbers from before and after, as i bet it's going to take one hell of a plummet.

Associate
Used Bitwarden for a few days now and it works just the same as Lastpass. I use it on an iPad, Phone and laptop with no problems, just like I did with Lastpass.
Found out about it from this thread, so thanks all for the recommendation.

Same here. I'm also happy to pay for their premium service just to support them.

Soldato
I've been using lastpass for quite a number of years, and when i'd heard that logmein had bought lastpass i knew the end was in sight.

Logmein was 'THE' go-to for remote desktop software back in the day, until they decided to can it for free access. Now many years later they're doing the exact same thing with lastpass.

I'd be interested to know their subscriber numbers from before and after, as i bet it's going to take one hell of a plummet.

To be fair if they're got to the point where they have enough paying customers to no longer want people leeching their services for free, you can hardly blame them from a business point of view. Already paying customers are unlikely to jump ship, and free users will either leave (no loss) or pay (win).

It is annoying when companies provide a free service then take it away though.

Soldato
Isn't the reason that they have managed to get so many paid subscribers is because people have been promoting their (previously pretty good) free product.

Soldato
Ok, that's me moved over to Bit Warden, initial impressions are that the App isn't as slick but it seems to do the job.

Remember to delete your last pass accounts and the CSV to export your data!

Sho

Sho

Soldato
How do i get Bitwarden to autofill? On Lasspass it used toi autofll for me. I have gone into settings and enabled Auto on fill in page. But it don't seem to work. Thats the only gripe i have atm.

Soldato
I'm a very, very happy Bitwarden user and I pay for the premium. The nominal £10 a year for MFA is worth it alone.

Yep. I actually paid the the premium as a middle finger to lastpass, wrote as much when closing my LP account. As someone else mentioned, I used to pay for LP for mobile app access, forget when that was, seems like ages.

£32 or whatever it works out to is ridiculous for a password manager given the competition.

Back
Top Bottom