Actors I am amazed that get jobs...

Soldato
Hugh Grant, who can only play the same type of part, a brain dead boring Englishman

Hugh Grant was excellent in Paddington 2. He was also really good in the Jeremy Thorpe tv drama.

He suffered from being the go to man for diffident fop roles for many years. I think age has now excluded him from that, so hope he can now stretch his wings a bit.

Martin bloody Freeman- always plays Martin Freeman.

Commissario
Eddie Redmayne
I'm not sure if he's is autistic, or his ability to act is that of someone who's struggles with social interaction but he is by far the worst actor I have every encountered. His mannerisms are so bizzare and wooden that I think if you cut him out of each film and stuck other scenes in another you wouldn't notice.
Just awful.

Agreed. I struggled through the first Fantastic Beasts film but couldn't manage more than about fifteen minutes of the second one.

Also, Ikea in her early stuff. She's got better.

Soldato
Channing Tatum, but then I guess he fills a gap I'm not interested in. The first attempt at being anything other than a lady seat filler at the cinema was Jupiter Ascending, might be giving him a bad rap as the problem in a terrible film but he was pretty crap.
Which leads me to my most hated current actor.
Again, he was type casted, Foxcatcher showed how good he can be.

Soldato
Dwane Johnson is mine, hes useless, jsut plays big guy doing Rock like roles, and has done nothing else, or just a variation of it.

Man of Honour
Tom Cruise
He's really good in Rainman IMO. He gets overshadowed by Dustin Hoffman (unsurprisingly, given he won best actor oscar for his performance) but there's an unexpected subtlety there, the way he shows the character developing and maturing throughout the film as he gets to know his brother.

Soldato
Avatar the worst movie in the world won 3.

The most hyperbolic statement of the year so far award goes to...

Regardless, while I generally agree that the 'Academy Awards' are meaningless, the awards it did win were well deserved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)#Accolades

You can say whatever you will about the story and acting (or lack thereof), but the movie was a stunning visual spectacle.

Soldato
He's really good in Rainman IMO. He gets overshadowed by Dustin Hoffman (unsurprisingly, given he won best actor oscar for his performance) but there's an unexpected subtlety there, the way he shows the character developing and maturing throughout the film as he gets to know his brother.

I really loathe Tom cruise as an actor and person. But he's been really good in a few roles.

Back
Top Bottom