Road Cycling

Soldato
Yeehaa summer bike came out for the commute this morning. (and fingerless gloves as well!)

Always love that feeling of the ride few minutes, comparing it to the winter lump (relatively speaking)

Making the most of the dry roads for a change, I'm sure it won't last.

Soldato
I'm also (I guess mainly to the increase in indoor riding) having one of my biggest months for mileage. My 6,000 target has been hundreds off for most of this year, but after today I'm only 4 miles off pace according to Strava! :)
Bare legs! For someone that's been doing a lot of indoor riding he sure is brave! :o

Then again I've only ridden outside a handful of times the last month... Not sure I've missed it as much as I expected (being a commuter) as the weather has only been 'good' a few times and made me think about it.

Cakes do look superb, pricing is pretty good too... What you'd expect to see around here so quite surprised as would expect them more expensive your direction! What a spread! :o

And Roady, that was a typo/auto correct, they are genuine Castelli from wiggle most likely but >12 months old.
Haha I did wonder, Have seen 'Costelo' frames, just hadn't spotted any clothing!

That really is poor, worth reaching out to Castelli about it?

but if I want a snack during a longer turbo session, I've been buying Seal bars from Aldi. Complete Penguin rip-offs but you get 7 for under a quid!
They're nice (as are so many of those knock off's) but I can't imagine eating a chocolatey thing like that while turbo'ing. I tend to avoid overly sugary things when actually riding, maybe something before, but something like that sticking in my gammy teeth while riding would do my head in! I tend to crave savory when riding but even then has to be something easily chewed that doesn't stick in my teeth...

Someone came up with a course a few years ago down here as an homage to omloop, all the ascents of the local hill, I think its 9 times up which me and a mate are planning to do Saturday. So hope the weather is nice and may even venture out in knee warmers! (who am I kidding...)
Goodluck, hope the roads are suitably flandarian/belgian for the full Omloop experience! ;):D

It's never warm enough for a sleeveless Jersey....
/signed. Got to keep our standards up, especially with @xdcx commenting less in here. Can't let things slip!

Very nice! Got some Sidi's still in the box... the thought of retiring my 15 yr old Sidi's is too hard. Might flog the new ones.
Errrr, sure you meant to link that post from 2016?! How are your Sidi's @Robzere31 ? :D

But I do know your feeling. My pair of Sidi Kaos in yellow fluo also from 2016 are still going strong. Still feel like slippers & still as smart and bright as the day I got them! Although when I changed my bike in 2017 and went with the 'Hyper Green' Diverge the shoe colour does not match the frame. They're too close (while looking 'off') that it looks strange so my Sidi's only generally get outside a few times a year, being mostly used for Turbo use... I love bright shoes with a plain bike, but with a loud bike really need to wear plain shoes. Ooops! 'Summer' bike (when it eventually happens) will not be a green or yellow... :D

Soldato
Definitely no triathlete :D

Whats a bloke meant to do when too warm even in 12C, can't take anymore layers off, so just got to reduce the amount of material on said layers :p

Ankle socks are a definite ;)

Soldato
Any of you guys got front light solutions on your road bike running aero handlebars? My lollipop stick garmin mount isn't a dual/combo one so it is only designed to hold the Garmin - it won't hold a light underneath. Leaves a tricky situation of where and how to get a front light on the bars!

Soldato
Any of you guys got front light solutions on your road bike running aero handlebars? My lollipop stick garmin mount isn't a dual/combo one so it is only designed to hold the Garmin - it won't hold a light underneath. Leaves a tricky situation of where and how to get a front light on the bars!

Have you looked at Raceware? They have loads of combinations, so might have something to let you get a light underneath the Garmin using a Gopro mount.

https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/garmin-edge-aero-bar-mount/

No aero bars on my bikes but I've mounted both an Exposure & CatEy Amp underneath with the GoPro mount on BarFly holders.

Soldato
Thanks Chris - there looks to be some mounts there that could indeed do the trick - I'll email them I think just to be sure.

Also looking at Exposure/Cateye.

Soldato
It's the better option!

Let's see if we can catch xdcx out.

xdcx loves the Rapha Cycling Club.

:p

Speaking of Rapha.... and EF!
The whole late kit release and "compliant" BS really annoyed me.

Pritchard done a Youtube video the other week with a pro female saying her piece on it and it was like music to my ears! She saw right through it and calls them to task on it. Total marketing crud and EVERYONE falls for their nonsense.

EDIT - 9:45 onwards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k_J_eect0A

Back
Top Bottom