• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 3060 release date and time

Associate
I was tempted to try and get a 3060 FE for 299 but then I remembered the 2060 Super was selling for a similar price over a year ago with identical performance. Where`s the progress? I`ll wait to see what AMD releases.

Save your money and wait.

I feel sorry for gamers who are in a position where they will need to buy this 3060.

Soldato
By the looks of it a 3060 is going to be the worst value ampere card at this rate.:rolleyes: Also never going to sell at the so called retail price so even worse value. Better off with a 3070 or 3060ti if you really need a gpu. Good luck to all after one.

Associate
The worst part of all this, is that they announced reviews or performance comparisons would be released just two/three hours before launch time... "plenty" of time to make your mind up they said. Very nice move considering buying a GPU today is clicking like a crazy man while crossing your fingers... Nvidia is making a statement about not caring at all about their customers.

Associate
hey so right now i have a 1050 and really need a upgrade i was thinking about the 3060 would that be any good because i cant afford any of the other graphics cards as they are so expensive

Soldato
hey so right now i have a 1050 and really need a upgrade i was thinking about the 3060 would that be any good because i cant afford any of the other graphics cards as they are so expensive
The 3060 is going to be way over priced as well as all the others. they're going to be up for around the £500 I reckon, so keep an eye out for when they become available BUT they'll probably sell out in seconds so be quick (if the past recent launches are anything to go by).

Associate
Doesnt look like great performance for the money when you could've had almost the same 2 years ago with the 2060, it cant be much faster than a V56 either then.

I still think for a low end card it should've been 6gb and 250$.

Soldato
I was tempted to try and get a 3060 FE for 299 but then I remembered the 2060 Super was selling for a similar price over a year ago with identical performance. Where`s the progress? I`ll wait to see what AMD releases.
I wouldn't hold your breath. It seems to me that previous price points have been abandoned completely.

Soldato
Performance appears rather disappointing, sitting somewhere between a vanilla 2070 & 5700XT levels. Hardly the great value/performance proposition x060 cards should be. Even at RRP it doesn't offer good value.

Associate
Crikey I paid £389 just before Xmas for my Palit RTX 3060ti from Overclockers. The Palit RTX 3060 equivalent is now working out more expensive.

I waited 5 years before finally upgrading my GTX 980, looks like I actually lucked in for once........

Soldato
Performance appears rather disappointing, sitting somewhere between a vanilla 2070 & 5700XT levels. Hardly the great value/performance proposition x060 cards should be. Even at RRP it doesn't offer good value.

its about right though the 3060ti is about 2080 performance and with a bit of overclocking nearly reaches 2080ti performance (going on my 3d mark results) the 3060ti is a really good overclocker so if the 3060 does the same it will be reaching 2070 super levels.

Soldato
its about right though the 3060ti is about 2080 performance and with a bit of overclocking nearly reaches 2080ti performance (going on my 3d mark results) the 3060ti is a really good overclocker so if the 3060 does the same it will be reaching 2070 super levels.
Yeah, but on the other-hand it's only a smidge faster than a 2060S. Costing £300 £400+ it offers poor value compared to last-gen.

Associate
by RRP do you mean in the realms of £300? I don't think it's for sale anywhere at that price, more like £450 - so expensive
sure why not? not all websites are money greedy, using covid and brexit as an excuse to inflate the prices above rrp

you've got 50 mins to figure out where to get a 3060 for 300 quid

Soldato
Yeah, but on the other-hand it's only a smidge faster than a 2060S. Costing £300 £400+ it offers poor value compared to last-gen.

Ah well you mentioned performance not cost anything cost wise this year you cant compare with previous generation because its completely messed up and anything goes. Everything is poor value. I can see them going for £500+ and expect OCUK have none to sell or are holding back. The warning signs were here well before last September but you only saw it coming if you were after certain items like Quest 1 or Nintendo Switch. Quest 1 was going for £550+ at one point due to it being scarce and Switch's were £200 on top of RRP upto June last year. I sold my Quest 64gb for £150 over RRP and that was a trade in to a retailer too ! Was well happy.

Back
Top Bottom