Frasier Revival

Soldato
I use to love this show growing up although when I first started watching it the some of the humour went over my head, the second viewing made for much better viewing. I hope they can get all of the cast to return although its a shame that his Dad is no long with us as he was an integral part of the show.

Soldato
I love this show, I have the box set on DVD but still watch it in the mornings on C4. It’ll be interesting and as you say, it won’t really be the same without Marty (and Eddie) so they’ll have to tread carefully. Fav character was always Niles, and DHP played the role so well, I hope he’s in it.

Man of Honour
I'll give this a try. Sadly most returns are not great. But it was a fantastic show in its day so worth giving it a chance.

Man of Honour
Its pretty incredible really, Kelsey Grammer has already played Frasier Crane for a total of 20 years of his life. Pretty amazing when an actor plays one character for that long. He's been Frasier Crane longer than some people are married :D

Soldato
I liked Frazier at the time, but it's not one of those shows I feel any great nostalgia over - I don't feel any pull to rewatch the old episodes.

So I'm not especially excited to see it return.

Associate
The show is legendary and still rewatchable today with many great episodes and lines, but it jumped the shark after season 6 with that completely out of place British family (Daphne's family iirc).

Also, Martin wasn't just a side character, he was integral to the show. And he's gone forever, RIP.

And they're all a lot older so any sexual relationship episodes will be weird (ageism by me?)

Not up for this at all.

Soldato
Love Frasier and the early episodes still hold up well today - some of the humour is a little dated but for the most part it's pretty timeless comedy. Not sure about the reboot as the later seasons were definitely weaker, but will give it a chance.

Caporegime
One of my favourite comedies, I actually like the way it ended though. I saw Daphne has already said she won't leave her current show to do this though so I'm not sure if this 'announcement' is a bit early unless they're planning on doing Frasier with a new regular cast (he did end up moving cities after all).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One of my favourite comedies, I actually like the way it ended though. I saw Daphne has already said she won't leave her current show to do this though so I'm not sure if this 'announcement is a bit early unless they're planning on doing Frasier with a new regular cast (he did end up moving cities after all).

Maybe the show will be set around Frasier son, Frederick and Frasier will this time be the Dad character

Man of Honour
I use to love this show growing up although when I first started watching it the some of the humour went over my head, the second viewing made for much better viewing. I hope they can get all of the cast to return although its a shame that his Dad is no long with us as he was an integral part of the show.

The Frasier re-runs are good, if a tad dated at times, but like a few U.S. shows, you need to be au fait with “things American” to get some of the stuff like Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and little subtle nuances.
We were watching the film “My cousin Vinnie”, and one of the Southerners said something insulting about Yankees.
My wife’s sister-in-law looked perplexed and said, “What does he mean, they’re all yanks aren’t they?”
I said, “Not really, remember the Civil War?”
Her brow furrowed, then she piped up, “What, Oliver Cromwell and all that?”
I said, “No, Robert E. Lee, Gettysburg, slavery, and all that.”
“When was that?” she replied.
I gave up.

Soldato
Its pretty incredible really, Kelsey Grammer has already played Frasier Crane for a total of 20 years of his life. Pretty amazing when an actor plays one character for that long. He's been Frasier Crane longer than some people are married :D

I seem to remember he was the highest paid TV actor in the world at some point, he was paid too much to leave lol

It is just not funny or cleaver like it used to be. It must be being made and written by completely different people. They keep making terrible jokes, something akin to Roseanne or some other low brow US comedy. It feels cringy to watch and to see him stoop so low after the great series the original was. Ah but then after the film Money Plane, this is about that level of intelligence and quality. There is a obviously dubbed laughter track where everything is apparently hilariously funny but it just so bad. Nicholas Lyndhurst is embarrassing to watch. It feels very contrived and poor quality. My partner liked it.

Here's a clip so you see how truly cringe it is.

Associate
whereas lyndhurst started playing rodney in 1981 and played him for the final time in 2004. I think he isn't a naturally comedic person, his forte was as a foil for delboy.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
whereas lyndhurst started playing rodney in 1981 and played him for the final time in 2004. I think he isn't a naturally comedic person, his forte was as a foil for delboy.
Yeah funnily enough I actually thought that Lyndhurst was far better in Goodnight Sweetheart than in OFAH

Man of Honour
It is just not funny or cleaver like it used to be. It must be being made and written by completely different people. They keep making terrible jokes, something akin to Roseanne or some other low brow US comedy. It feels cringy to watch and to see him stoop so low after the great series the original was. Ah but then after the film Money Plane, this is about that level of intelligence and quality. There is a obviously dubbed laughter track where everything is apparently hilariously funny but it just so bad. Nicholas Lyndhurst is embarrassing to watch. It feels very contrived and poor quality. My partner liked it.

Here's a clip so you see how truly cringe it is.

Seems to have the laugh track from 20 years ago too :D

Back
Top Bottom