• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX3060 review thread

Associate
And it's sold out..... :D

It's basically a 2060/2060 Super replacement, similar to a 1660ti in terms of performance per watt so it's not that impressive.

1660 Super would be better for budget gamers, so long as they stick to 1080p.

EDIT: Why 12GB on this card? 8GB would have made more sense... This just makes the 10GB on the 3080 look even more ridiculous.

Soldato
And it's sold out..... :D

It's basically a 2060/2060 Super replacement, similar to a 1660ti in terms of performance per watt so it's not that impressive.

1660 Super would be better for budget gamers, so long as they stick to 1080p.

EDIT: Why 12GB on this card? 8GB would have made more sense... This just makes the 10GB on the 3080 look even more ridiculous.

The 12GB is simply to combat AMD it's got no practical "gaming" application, but some workload benefits according to HN.

Associate
Probably too late for you to make an informed decision if the 3060's have dropped or about to, but I found this youtube video 'Which RTX 3060ti to buy and avoid' very useful to gauge the different brands of the 3060ti and why some are better than others. I'd imagine it would act as a decent guide to what to expect with the 3060's.

As others have pointed out the difference in cost is mostly due to different designs, some come with two fans, others three. Then there is noise ( two fans likely to be louder than 3 ) etc. Other things to watch out for is to double check the length and height of the card to ensure it fits as well as power requirements/leads - though i suspect the 3060 wont be as hungrey or demanding as others.

From what i'm seeing i'd try and grab a 3060ti if any drop at the same time as prices may not be hugely more and I think the boost in performance might be worth it at least for gaming, for productivity a 3060 with 12GB vram may be better.

Be prepared to pay a premium , choose the price you are comfortable with and grab a card as fast as you can, otherwise they will likely be gone. Pretty sure I remember Gibbo saying they aren't even releasing 3060's today on OCUK, and will hold back for a few weeks until they have sufficient stock.

Cheers! I'll give this a watch.

Soldato
Part of me thinks it's about time a RTX card with this performance dropped for about £170 RRP. I know reality's a little different. The 2nd hand GTX 970 I bought for £120 in 2016 feels like very good value just now.

Associate
In a nutshell:

-Performance is almost the same as the 2060

It's basically a 2060/2060 Super replacement, similar to a 1660ti in terms of performance per watt so it's not that

impressive.

In newer games it seems more like an RTX2070 or a tad better.

RT performance is closer to an RTX2070 Super.(

Are Guru3D metrics untrustworthy?

I see this as just under a 2070 Super across the majority of their tests.I wouldn't call it a 2080 equivalent just cos it performs at that level in RE3.

Newer games it drops to 2070 level however future drivers, patches will easily bring it back to the "Super" tier.

Soldato
Thats funny ;)
Seriously though, its a non-4K card really, why give it 4GB more than the 3070 which is? Baffling.

Due to the config it's either 6 GB or 12 GB, 6 GB would be a problem at 1440p which is a good res for this GPU. 1080p with the newest game would also be a problem with some of the very latest games maxed out.

Soldato
So, nvidia will gimp the miners hashrates with the 3060 12gb version but for gamers the cards a bit poo so not that many will buy them.

So the higher end cards are in even more demand from gamers and miners and the lower end cards you could have had that performance 2 and a half years ago.

Great.

Soldato
OP
So, nvidia will gimp the m9 ers hashrates with the 3060 12gb version but for gamers the cards a bit poo so not that many will buy them.

So the higher end cards are in even more demand from gamers and miners and the lower end cards you could have had that performance 2 and a half years ago.

Great.

Makes no difference as they lied about the so called £299 RRP anyway. One website which listed some models at £299,suddenly 5 minutes to 5pm jacked prices upto £360 and above. This was the price you could get the FE cards from Nvidia for the RTX3060TI on launch day.

Back
Top Bottom