Valheim

Soldato
I got my SSD running through USB 3 which is giving me up to 175MB/s due to USB 3 not being fully supported yet but it is better than USB 2 and loads faster than microSD.
I am going to reinstall windows again on it as i think i messed it up as halfway through installing it before, it wasnt set to boot from ssd and had to manually each tim set it to boot to ssd!

Soldato
Done the first boss, listened to the stupid bird and ran straight into the black forest. You can guess what happened.

Guess I need better armour as it only took them one hit to kill me.

Associate
Done the first boss, listened to the stupid bird and ran straight into the black forest. You can guess what happened.

Guess I need better armour as it only took them one hit to kill me.

Even fully bronzed the Forest is sketchy. You need plenty of spare weapons if you are making a long run.

Had to fend of a Giant Troll with log, a Greydwarf Brute, a Greydwarf Shaman... a flipping live nest of them, so constant Greydwarves as well. Honestly how I didnt die ill never know. In the end I had to take a huge angle, to YOLO back in on the nest to give me some breathing room. Then work the Troll with arrows, before taking the Shaman so he stopped healign the Brute.

I broke my bronze axe, my bronze shield was in disrepair... id used over 100 flint arrows :D I survived by the Stagbreakers resilience in the end.

Soldato
I built my first portals yesterday putting the first one at my house in the starting area and then ran across the map to the shore side of the Black Forest. When I got there I sailed across to a Black Forest island I had seen in the distance, already been there and set up a camp, and decided I had had enough of running and sailing there.

I built my second portal and it would not connect. I sailed and ran back to make sure I had called them the same thing, though it wasn’t rocket science, I had named the first one BF but once I got home I realised I’d named the second one DF, as in Dark Forest. That was annoying.

Found the merchant, set up a second portal from home to him, and bought a fishing rod. Got to suss fishing out later. Also found 2 other biomes on this other island, mountain where I nearly froze to death, and then found a swamp where some leaches killed me and then a bloody archer skeleton did as well cause I want paying attention.

Great game.

Soldato
Nice i need to sort out portals. I did find the mountains as well but heard horrors of packs of wolves roaming the lands... so bailed on then quite quick
Meadows easy, Black Forest need to be careful, mountains very tricky because of cold, wolfs and drakes and then plains that is next level. I have maxed out wolf armour, draugr etc. I feel comfortable in mountains. Plains I’m very wary.

Soldato
Seems like a patch today messed up servers and save files. My dedicated server can't even see itself anymore on a loopback IP.

Saves files are also randomly getting corrupt and wiping worlds (buildings, items, trees, everything except grass).

Soldato
Seems like a patch today messed up servers and save files. My dedicated server can't even see itself anymore on a loopback IP.

Saves files are also randomly getting corrupt and wiping worlds (buildings, items, trees, everything except grass).
I updated my server with steamcmd, then updated my computer and was able to connect fine. I make a copy to the worlds folder every so often just in case.

Back
Top Bottom