Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
If they were paying a dividend I could understand it a bit more, I just don't see the attraction in buying companies that have already basically already taken every inch of market they possibly can. I just struggle to see the upsides outweighing the downsides at the moment.

Downside risks are mounting up, risk of general tech stock correction, clampdown on tax avoidance, competition regulators getting interested in breaking them up, general customer backlash again ****-taking multinationals.

Loads of stocks out there that are a more appealing buy right now, imo! :)

Looking at Gamestop I don't think the market cares about any of that, it's pure mania and it's going to last quite a while I imagine, it may even be the new forever

There is a top post in wallstreetbets about how gamestop could go to $130,000 a share.

Just lol.

To be fair it wasn't a user that predicted this price but an AI

I believe that the AI-Model of GameStop's share price, which predicts $130k a share, is predicting this because it believes that we will hit 800 before 2/26, therefore causing the Mother of All Gamma Squeezes. Which will then trigger the infinity short squeeze which sends us to $100k+

Soldato
Jeez the nonsense being spewed on Reddit...I mean I understand it, these people are trying to pump the stock, but it's absolutely deranged reading this garbage!

Wish they'd just bugger off tbh, they're just going to drag the rest of the markets down again.

Soldato
But most of them are making money and you can see why. I still have a few shares in case it ever hit the crazy numbers they are all thinking about but in the meantime if they pump it you ride the wave make a few k :D

Caporegime
I'm up 2k today and probably going to sell before close. I can't take another few days of this craziness again. I spent the last week of Jan just staring at my phone :o

Soldato
Jeez the nonsense being spewed on Reddit...I mean I understand it, these people are trying to pump the stock, but it's absolutely deranged reading this garbage!

Wish they'd just bugger off tbh, they're just going to drag the rest of the markets down again.

You said yourself that you've got more disposable income than you know what to do with so why do you begrudge others trying to make some money?

Soldato
You said yourself that you've got more disposable income than you know what to do with so why do you begrudge others trying to make some money?

They aren't trying to make money. They are trying to take money.

They aren't trying to persuade people to keep buying GME at increasingly inflated prices because it's a good company, or any of the other nonsense they dress it up with. They need mugs to keep buying in to drive the price up and ultimately hold the bag when the orchestrators of the pump cash out.

Frankly I don't care much if idiots end up holding the bag though, they deserve everything they get. I care that the instability from these pump and dumps affects the rest of the market.

Soldato

They aren't trying to persuade people to keep buying GME at increasingly inflated prices because it's a good company, or any of the other nonsense they dress it up with. They need mugs to keep buying in to drive the price up and ultimately hold the bag when the orchestrators of the pump cash out.

Frankly I don't care much if idiots end up holding the bag though, they deserve everything they get. I care that the instability from these pump and dumps affects the rest of the market.

I personally think that the majority are people who just think it was an easy way to make money. I don't doubt what you say but I don't think it's that sinister for the majority, naivety perhaps.

Caporegime

Agree.
Pumpers only pump because they are already in and want an even nicer exit.

Soldato
Yeah that's the price that was showing for it, currently up to mid/high 20's.

Still fairly new to this, so only investing small amounts. How do you go about purchasing at an IPO?

You've made good gains already then. Well done :)

HL often have a section on IPO's, however they're not always available to "normal" investors like us. You can keep track of them here

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/ipos-an...melsd-CnfeslNOF1fewdFmsePq2DQQ2hoCJ70QAvD_BwE

The Cellular Goods ones were done through a website called "Primary Bid". You basically apply to be allocated shares. In some situations (like with Cellular Goods) it was heavily over subscribed so people got allocated less than they applied for.

It's only the second IPO i've participated in (Royal Mail is the other), although i might try and keep an eye out for others.

Back
Top Bottom