• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

todays price hike on 30 series stuff?

Caporegime
The new RTX 3060 is designed to be the perfect upgrade option for those still gaming on the GTX 1060 6 GB "Pascal," with a starting price of $329, :D that made me laugh. so £300 is the proper price roll on 5 oclock let the gouging begin ! :p
"Starting price," as in, the first 5 mins after release :p After which it will be £500+

Soldato
Bagging a 3090FE at £1399 in the last drop is starting to feel 'ok' to me now. Not saying I had/ have buyer's remorse or anything, but it was a bit of a **** it response to the 3080 impossibility

Soldato
I'm very jealous I didn't jump at that price. The only thing I'm consoling myself with is that I'm selling my 2080 tomorrow for 575 so I've barely lost £100 since the release of that. Sold my old laptop and monitor so all in the 3090 is _only_ going to cost me £500 but would've been nicer to get it for essentially free.

Soldato
Wonder how may gamers are going to spend £400+ for a GPU that is are 5% slower on average in non RTX Raytracing and DLSS boosting than a GTX 1080ti that they could have got 2 month ago 2nd hand for less than £300?

Permabanned
Wonder how may gamers are going to spend £400+ for a GPU that is are 5% slower on average in non RTX Raytracing and DLSS boosting than a GTX 1080ti that they could have got 2 month ago 2nd hand for less than £300?
People are spending stupid money out of desperation so it wouldn’t surprise me. To be honest the point of no return has been for a week or 2 now, I wouldn’t be spending the money they asking right now.

Associate
Lucky only if you get one that doesn't scream with coil whine, we are sick of ours at work to the point we started opening them up and using hot glue on the chokes to reduce the whine and the ones that it didn't help with they ended up on ebay at £2K a pop and sold and replaced with the AIBS the 3090 FE that is as they are used in sli/nvlink for the workstations. Worst whining cards we have ever had to the point it's driving people crazy and we won't be buying them anymore and getting the blower cards and AIB cards with open coolers for the cases that have good venting and fans, we are that tired of them now and the odd ones with rattling fans too that are just as bad, nice design cards but too many issues with them regarding the noise they produce in an office.

Not sure about the other FE cards but the 3090s are a royal pain, we had some sent back and replaced and that was only done because we purchased a lot of them and they said that will be a one off replacement because they class the whine as normal..:rolleyes: and of course we still ended up with cards that whined that went straight on ebay and replaced with AIBs that we can get our hands on in pairs at almost £500-£600 more than the FE price but again stopped the horrible screaching noise from all the workstations in an open office.

Pricing has gone up everywhere not just ocuk, other e-tailers have prices that seem lower for cards but they are all out of stock and when in stock they show the true selling price and they are way more than the out of stock price too. Sad reality of the times we live in and is only going to get worse by the sounds of it with samsung and TSMC having issues right now with manufacturing and environmental issues where the fabs are and they are being forced to make automobile parts.

Do you need the PC case to be physically by where you are sat? In a workplace I'd usually expect them to be in a cooled rack or room. Keyboard mouse and display can be many meters away from desktops.

Associate
I guarantee, no body spending Money to game.
This is beyond any reasonable thinking.
The cards being bought up for two purposes only, mine and facebook and ebay resell.
There is like 1% loaded and irrational Ppl who will spend stupid money to game

Associate
Ok so you guys have a bit of a thing going on here. I do not want a continuation of what’s gone on before I have now drawn a line under it. The end.

There's no thing going on here, I just happen to agree with the other poster on this occasion that's all. People can agree to disagree too without being confrontational.

Thing is, anyone being in any way positive about mining isn't going to get the best reception from a lot of gamers here. Because those gamers are being scalped and missing out due to miners and scalpers taking all the stock. It's just the way people feel right now. If they see a person doing something the same as what a lot of others are doing and that something is looked upon as causing supply issues to people who only want one card, while those others doing it on a larger scale have taken lots of cards before they could even go to retailers, they're bound to see people who admit they're doing the same thing as being part of the problem. It keeps the problem alive and it's human nature for some people to react in the way they have here.

For what it's worth, I get the feeling you're just a decent guy, regular gamer who was lucky enough to get a nice card, and who just just wants to make a few quid back for his considerable outlay. That's understandable.

I'm just of the opinion that I don't believe in mining for the greater good over time, there are no free rides in this world and mining is like the stock market, only the stock market is regulated and mining isn't. Maybe if I knew 100% all these people mining were paying tax on their earnings, that'd be a completely different kettle of fish. But until that day, I personally want no part of it. I can make money in plenty of other ways that don't disadvantage others. But others think differently and that's fine, they just need to realise this is a very touchy subject for those who just want to earn their cash in more traditional ways and get a graphics card, because they just want to frag people and have no interest in crypto. None of this means that you personally are a bad person, I know plenty of people who do things I wouldn't do who I think are great people.

Back on topic, these price rises are insane. I think we're nearing the peak of it though, it is like nothing I've ever seen before. But I will not pay those prices, I'll do without. I'm not exactly suffering with the card I've got. Like a lot of my graphics card upgrades, this one would also be because new, shiny, few frames more, etc. But I've never seen anything like this.

Permabanned
There's no thing going on here, I just happen to agree with the other poster on this occasion that's all. People can agree to disagree too without being confrontational.

Thing is, anyone being in any way positive about mining isn't going to get the best reception from a lot of gamers here. Because those gamers are being scalped and missing out due to miners and scalpers taking all the stock. It's just the way people feel right now. If they see a person doing something the same as what a lot of others are doing and that something is looked upon as causing supply issues to people who only want one card, while those others doing it on a larger scale have taken lots of cards before they could even go to retailers, they're bound to see people who admit they're doing the same thing as being part of the problem. It keeps the problem alive and it's human nature for some people to react in the way they have here.

For what it's worth, I get the feeling you're just a decent guy, regular gamer who was lucky enough to get a nice card, and who just just wants to make a few quid back for his considerable outlay. That's understandable.

I'm just of the opinion that I don't believe in mining for the greater good over time, there are no free rides in this world and mining is like the stock market, only the stock market is regulated and mining isn't. Maybe if I knew 100% all these people mining were paying tax on their earnings, that'd be a completely different kettle of fish. But until that day, I personally want no part of it. I can make money in plenty of other ways that don't disadvantage others. But others think differently and that's fine, they just need to realise this is a very touchy subject for those who just want to earn their cash in more traditional ways and get a graphics card, because they just want to frag people and have no interest in crypto. None of this means that you personally are a bad person, I know plenty of people who do things I wouldn't do who I think are great people.

Back on topic, these price rises are insane. I think we're nearing the peak of it though, it is like nothing I've ever seen before. But I will not pay those prices, I'll do without. I'm not exactly suffering with the card I've got. Like a lot of my graphics card upgrades, this one would also be because new, shiny, few frames more, etc. But I've never seen anything like this.
No worries still not getting involved though. I said what I said others have said what they have said and that’s the end of it as far as I’m concerned. No harm was meant but I was serious when I said I don’t care.

Take it easy.

Associate
What I really hate is the NVidia site saying a card here is £829.99 on their site and then redirecting you here where it's an eye watering £949.99, likely NVidia's sloppiness there for not polling the OCUK domain to obtain the correct current price.

But I can't stand that.

Permabanned
You too fella.

I see I can score an AMD MERC 6900xt card for a grand and a half now too :eek:
That seems like a bargain when some of the 3090’s are going for £2400.

I’ve just tried explaining the current situation to my girlfriend and she is even more perplexed than I am. Tell you the truth and I’ve already said it the other day people deserve it if they are willing to pay it. I have sympathy for the genuine people who need to upgrade because they are on a really old gpu or their current one is broken but other than that it’s on them.

Back
Top Bottom