• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone else tempted to cash in on the crazy prices?

Associate
I have a MSI Suprim 3090 and an 3070 FE plus my old 1080ti as backup.
Looking at the auction site I can sell the RTX cards for about £3500 :eek: and use the 1080ti for 6 months
Seriously considering it. Only thing really stopping me is buyers fraud.

Caporegime
it would be sold . why keep it ? especially with what money you can get for it. ebay i would only take bank transfer tbh. too much scammage.

Associate
with the money you can get both new consoles, games for few years and a proper 4k large screen TV, maybe even a gaming chair.

doesnt sound too bad

Soldato
I wouldn't trust ebay at the moment especially anyone that overpays. They have up to 6 months to say it stopped working and get a full refund.

If that was to happen , if your lucky you get the card back in similar condition you sold it in.
Worse it did break, and you won't know what they did to break it. So you have a broken card.
Or they scam you completely and post a brick (that is a very low risk)

I would assume a lot, but not all big over payers are mining on them at least in part.
Now mining wouldn't be a big problem if prices were normal, but if the market crashes and the card value drops to normal pricing they could be facing a loss which may make some people try it on with the above options.

Also given the very high temperatures the memory is running on the RTX 3000 series cards I'm a bit concerned mining will start to have an effect on them more than the old RX 4/500 / GTX 1000 series cards .
Not because the ram is running over spec, but the other components and board being heated to 100c + is a lot more stressful compared top the temps the old cards were getting, in the region of 50-85c even on the ram if the miner had setup reasonable cooling.
Mixing usage could also make it worse as the extreme heating and cooling effect over the long term can cause problems with the board contacts.

Caporegime
I have a MSI Suprim 3090 and an 3070 FE plus my old 1080ti as backup.
Looking at the auction site I can sell the RTX cards for about £3500 :eek: and use the 1080ti for 6 months
Seriously considering it. Only thing really stopping me is buyers fraud.
That last one is a biggie. Sellers beware on eBay.

Associate
Just took a look on the bay, £2400+ in the sold listings for a 3090FE?

I mean if someone offered me that in cash right now i'd take it. Think i could manage to make due with my old 980TI for at least another year.

Associate
If someone offers me cash 1800 for my 3090fe I would take it.

however I am not selling on anything above 1k on eBay simply because the risk is too great for fraud, and honestly I don’t want to deal with the hassle.

Associate
Cash on hand? I would sell anything I own if you offer me 2x its price.

On eBay? no chance. Actually, I don't feel confident selling stuff for more than 50 quid in there...

Soldato
I like my 3090FE in my machine, where I can get use out of it.

If I sold it I wouldn't have anything decent to replace it with, and looking at the global chip shortage it'd be a long while before I could get a replacement.

I can't play high detail PC VR on a pile of £20 notes. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom