• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 3060 release date and time

Associate
I just want to know what that auction guy used to buy 2 from that place.. Never once saw anything and my alerts didn't even pick anything up.. So how can he purchase two of the best 3060 variants.

Soldato
I just don't understand what kind of software people are using..

I watched the distributor of the FE cards website like a hawk and never once saw a buy button.. yet 'ashleyblue' on auction site has 2 confirmed orders on there already sold at over £850 a piece.. Are they using something which stops others seeing a buy button?

It wouldn't surprise me if people working at the retailers are the ones who are buying them.

Soldato
I just don't understand what kind of software people are using..

I watched the distributor of the FE cards website like a hawk and never once saw a buy button.. yet 'ashleyblue' on auction site has 2 confirmed orders on there already sold at over £850 a piece.. Are they using something which stops others seeing a buy button?
Software won't be downloading images, you can also use this to give you a chance by disabling images on the webpage so it loads a lot faster.

OcUK Staff
I have to share this:

Huge demand has meant we need to place you in a short queue.
Users in queue ahead of you: 96889

No wonders why Overclockers can't sell any cards without risking selling way more than the stock they have...

I’ve even being doing some testing on products here, for example we had 200pc on Strix 3070 OC and we put them live in the 3D Printer section on the website, we gave no heads up and told no one we were doing it and yet within two minutes we had sold around 300 units!

These launches are total madness now it’s easily possible to take around 5000 orders within around ten minutes. Even with products being told to remove when sold out the fact their is 100’s if not 1000’s trying to order the product all within the same seconds it’s impossible to prevent over selling.

As I said earlier in thread we will start selling our stock sometime in March or even April as I shall wait until we have a few thousand in stock as that is the only way we can prevent over selling and keep product online for 5-10 mins.

Let’s all put Covid behind us and hope the madness calms down when lock down ends and that both AMD and NVIDIA can get more miners focusing on dedicated mining products and not the gaming cards.

But I personally feel the rest of this year will continue this trend! If Bitcoin hits the projected $350,000 by end of year well this madness won’t be ending.

Associate
I’ve even being doing some testing on products here, for example we had 200pc on Strix 3070 OC and we put them live in the 3D Printer section on the website, we gave no heads up and told no one we were doing it and yet within two minutes we had sold around 300 units!

These launches are total madness now it’s easily possible to take around 5000 orders within around ten minutes. Even with products being told to remove when sold out the fact their is 100’s if not 1000’s trying to order the product all within the same seconds it’s impossible to prevent over selling.

As I said earlier in thread we will start selling our stock sometime in March or even April as I shall wait until we have a few thousand in stock as that is the only way we can prevent over selling and keep product online for 5-10 mins.

Let’s all put Covid behind us and hope the madness calms down when lock down ends and that both AMD and NVIDIA can get more miners focusing on dedicated mining products and not the gaming cards.

But I personally feel the rest of this year will continue this trend! If Bitcoin hits the projected $350,000 by end of year well this madness won’t be ending.
Could you not create a waiting list for people and offer the cards to genuine buyers at a fair price close to MSRP? Sell in order of the waiting list

OcUK Staff
Could you not create a waiting list for people and offer the cards to genuine buyers at a fair price close to MSRP? Sell in order of the waiting list

Too manual and we simply don’t have the man power to do it or IT to make changes to the current webshop. We’re stuck with what we have which is absolutely fine but these are unprecedented times.

When huge huge companies cannot even keep their website online or handle these launches then we have no hope. The demand is now truly beyond insane I know off I put these 3060’s live at MSRP and left the order buttons live we would sell around at least 50,000 cards in 24-48hrs and potentially over 100,000 cards which is not what the entire U.K. would normally sell so for one company it’s beyond anything that anyone can cope with.

We’re handling it best we can and for now that is by simply not joining in the madness!

Associate

To be honest, I completely gave up some time ago, it was clear to me I wasn't going to be able to buy anything at all if things continue like this.

I just wonder how many of those 100,000 people waiting to buy a GPU in that retailer I mentioned above were actually real people trying to buy a GPU, and how many were either miners or even bots/scripts... I refuse to believe there are 100,000 people queuing to buy a 3060 card on release. UK has just 66 million people, for god's sake...

Associate
To be honest, I completely gave up some time ago, it was clear to me I wasn't going to be able to buy anything at all if things continue like this.

I just wonder how many of those 100,000 people waiting to buy a GPU in that retailer I mentioned above were actually real people trying to buy a GPU, and how many were either miners or even bots/scripts... I refuse to believe there are 100,000 people queuing to buy a 3060 card on release. UK has just 66 million people, for god's sake...
Completely with you. When you go on the site and it tells you that the item has been viewed 80000 times in the last 24 hrs I wonder who all these people are. I highly doubt that they are all living and breathing human beings.

Soldato
The prices are insane, the stock availability is insane, and the demand is insane.

I'm glad I was able to (fairly easily) pre-order a PS5 before release. Between that and my 1060, my gaming needs will need to be covered because competing with bots and scalpers to pay over-the-odds for a new GPU is one game I'm definitely not playing.

Associate
Too manual and we simply don’t have the man power to do it or IT to make changes to the current webshop. We’re stuck with what we have which is absolutely fine but these are unprecedented times.

When huge huge companies like Curry’s cannot even keep their website online or handle these launches then we have no hope. The demand is now truly beyond insane I know off I put these 3060’s live at MSRP and left the order buttons live we would sell around at least 50,000 cards in 24-48hrs and potentially over 100,000 cards which is not what the entire U.K. would normally sell so for one company it’s beyond anything that anyone can cope with.

We’re handling it best we can and for now that is by simply not joining in the madness!

guys have you consider opening a store in the famous auction website?, just like other major retailers have done? even the one you mention in this post has a dedicated store for them there , not sure if maybe the inventory system of this famous website has a more robust way to handle inventory and prevent overselling, and still be able to sell the units you currently have. even if it means increasing the price to cover the fee of the auction site.

Rup

Rup

Associate
The only solution to the crazy demand is for AMD/Nvidia to increase their prices by at least 500% and donate the extra profits to charity.
E.g buy vaccines for poor countries to fight the virus from Wuhan.

Associate
guys have you consider opening a store in the famous auction website?

I can just see this now, scalper takes a screenshot of a confirmed order from said auction website and relists it in a new listing on the same website :rolleyes:

Well done Gibbo, by stockpiling the inventory until you have a reasonable amount you are going to give genuine people those extra few minutes who may not be as web browser savvy as the rest of us a chance to actually own these fantastic cards. ++++

Associate
When you look at some of the viewing numbers for the Gpu pages it makes you wonder if they are legitimate there are just not that many pc gamers that would want to or need to buy a new Gpu in which case it could be card flippers looking to make a few ££`s or Miners in which case Nvidias driver / hardware fix to stop this is just BS or with the release of a new Graphic card it could be just a staged event for the publicity.

Permabanned
What's disturbing is that no one here discusses seriously about how much of a failure quality wise/performance wise/ progress wise that RTX 3060 is.
It should have been GTX 3050 Ti and with much lower price.

"Performance gain generation to generation:

GTX 760 -> 960 = +90%
GTX 960 -> 1060 = +72%
GTX 1060-> 2060 = +59%
RTX 2060 ->3060 = +19%

Why no reviewer is calling 3060 for what it really is, a total ****show even at (non existent) MSRP?!" https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/msi-geforce-rtx-3060-gaming-x-trio.278833/

This mining craze is absolutely meaningless - I have seen an owner of a computer store with some slow cards such as GTX 1060 in a farm arranged 16 pcs and barely making the electricity cost.

Why do they even bother?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom