• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel claims Rocket Lake has faster storage performance than AMD Zen3

Associate
Maybe we’ll start seeing reviews focussing on USB 2.0 performance also?
I can see it becoming popular with the hipsters along with their vinyls (sic) and cassette tapes.
Maybe also extended graphs of PS2 latency when mousing!

Caporegime
Associate
I have known people to buy new drives to get a 10% percieved speed increase

some people just have money to burn

Soldato
"Results may vary" they do with storage, with a 10% margin run it again and you may get a different result, this is desperate Intel.

Also as mentioned this test was done with the nvme drive attached to the pcie slot the gpu would go in using a riser cable instead of attaching it to the m2 a lot it should be in - that's to ensure it got cpu lanes and not chipset lanes for this "benchmark" completely meaningless for real world usage

Caporegime
Also as mentioned this test was done with the nvme drive attached to the pcie slot the gpu would go in using a riser cable instead of attaching it to the m2 a lot it should be in - that's to ensure it got cpu lanes and not chipset lanes for this "benchmark" completely meaningless for real world usage

Oh for crying out loud Intel... lol

G J

G J

Associate
This means nothing to me as I still use a HDD as a primary drive. :p

Well it seems this is not a typical usage scenario, its like clocking an Intel chip with LN2 and then claiming best cpu ever.

Soldato

Yes, which in itself begs the question why do that ? Could it be that M2 slots on the Intel Mobo used are chipset only ?

Associate
Soldato

How did they do this and somehow connect a 3090 gfx card? Did they plug it into the wrong slot?

Soldato
Although it isn't required, it is listed as used in their test

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X: Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5950X processor PL1=105W TDP, 16C32T, Motherboard: ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, Bios Version: 3202, Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200, Storage OS Drive: 512GB Intel SSD 760p, Storage Test Drive: 1TB Gen 4 Samsung 980 Pro, Storage Driver: Microsoft Inbox, Display Resolution: 1920x1080, OS: Microsoft Windows 10 20H2 - 19042.746, Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition, Graphics Driver: 461.09

The test makes absolutely no sense at all.

Associate
ah yes, intel, to cram 10% more out of your NVME by slotting it in the wrong place and gimping your GFX card while you're at it.
Utter ********
:)
The majority of people don't care about PCIe 4.0 either way as they don't own a PCIe 4.0 device or would benefit significantly from owning one.
But bigger numbers hey!
Roll on PCIe 5.0.
Let the madness continue. :)

Associate
So give up 50% of my 5950X cores to gain 10% more storage speed with Intel, that's a tough one :D

And if the rumored prices are right for rocket lake Intel can shove those chips where the sun doesn't shine. Way overpriced for just 8 cores.

Associate
So give up 50% of my 5950X cores to gain 10% more storage speed with Intel, that's a tough one :D

And if the rumored prices are right for rocket lake Intel can shove those chips where the sun doesn't shine. Way overpriced for just 8 cores.

but your not the market 99.9% of people with a 5950x will not be changing it for 3-5 years

so why do you worry the people who need to are ones looking for an upgrade

or people with big heads and little .... worrying about waggling contests

Caporegime
Someone think of a scenario where 11% more "storage performance" in whatever interpretation is the deciding factor.

Very odd thing to broadcast as a victory.
Desperate times. ;)

I always appreciate a Raiden85 post. :)

Associate
Hey hey, don’t down play disk benchmark performance now, for those of us with sizeable... adult media collection, that 10% performances could mean the world of difference:D

Back
Top Bottom