UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 25th Feb 2021]

Soldato
That's the thing Arsenal's net spend over the last decade is huge yet they are all over the place. They are going to end up like Leeds United if they are not careful. Especially now Spurs are coming out of their shadow.

Arteta is massively out of his depth.

Im not sure about Arteta as like youve said they are all over the place...thats not really Artetas fault. These players simply arent good enough and for whatever reason Arsenal fans are accepting Willian and the like.

Soldato
I don't think anyone is accepting Willian's performances. I honestly thought he'd be decent for us but has been shocking. Martinelli not getting game time ahead of him is criminal. Not too impressed with Odegaard either.

Soldato
The strategy post-Wenger strategy by Raul Sanllehi was a disaster - he was booted out for dodgy dealings in the end - basically just saying yes to whatever players certain agents had for sale (like Willian and kamikaze Luiz) or making suspect deals that lined his own pockets (Pepe), and the club off the pitch has never really stabilised. The problems are much deeper than just Arteta and this bizarro season hasn’t helped.

Man of Honour
OP
That's the thing Arsenal's net spend over the last decade is huge yet they are all over the place. They are going to end up like Leeds United if they are not careful. Especially now Spurs are coming out of their shadow.

Arteta is massively out of his depth.

Disagree massively about Arteta, and our net spend isn't that bad, it looks worse because we suck at selling players not because we spend a lot (relatively)

Im not sure about Arteta as like youve said they are all over the place...thats not really Artetas fault. These players simply arent good enough and for whatever reason Arsenal fans are accepting Willian and the like.

Willian gets slated every time his number comes up, I don't know a single Arsenal fan who isn't annoyed when he comes on. It's one of the few things that frustrate me about Arteta, Willian must have a minimum play time clause in his contract or something because it makes no sense how he keeps getting minutes.

Soldato
I don't think anyone is accepting Willian's performances. I honestly thought he'd be decent for us but has been shocking. Martinelli not getting game time ahead of him is criminal. Not too impressed with Odegaard either.

Im talking about when he was signed. Its clear the only way he was going was down.

Watch him score a screamer now

Soldato
Im talking about when he was signed. Its clear the only way he was going was down.

Watch him score a screamer now

There’s a lot of controversy about the ‘super’ agent Kia Joorabchian and his relationship with people in the Arsenal hierarchy, although as said Raul Sanllehi may have paid for it with his job.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would love to know how many times Martial was in the top 3 rated players in the team. The games he usually plays well in are when we are butchering the opposition. He might win you the occasional game with a bit of magic but even in those games hes usually crap outside of that moment.

Back
Top Bottom