• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So did anyone actually get a 3060?

Associate
I was watching a competitor page at 5.01pm and saw the green add to basket button, all basket buttons gone by 5.02pm. Unfortunately the red banner of death was there for every one. I hope some actual gamers got some cards!

Associate
I had a look for my nephew, but couldn't buy as didn't see any buy buttons. Also wasn't going to buy as no cards showed for me at MRSP despite some previously showing that price. The 3060 isn't a great improvement over the 2000 series cards in the same bracket so I will not pay above MRSP. https://youtu.be/3C-RoDtqdJ8?t=498

Permabanned
They were all snapped up again 2mins into sell time, and you can't mine with them so all those bs mining conspiracy theories can go out the door.

Soldato
massively overpriced crap...£400-£500 for a 2060s basically - insane.

eth miners cant use it anyway or rather it is crippled. if they do bios mod and unlock it then thats a different story. however if things go wrong with the mod, you have a rather expensive piece of brick.

but atm there is no one out there putting that sort of mods anyway so it beggars beleif that how expensive these entry level cards are...

i think someone said that these will be the most popular cards becuase it is gong to be cheap...i was like, theya re going to be at least £300 that is not CHEAP. but i was miles under...it is a poor mans GPU...or rather an idiot's choice. if you can sit tight and wait this crazy period out, that £500 will get you close to a 3070 at some point..

Associate
47 mins in managed to get 1 for a mate to upg his rig. 540 for a msi triple fan gaming x trio, massively overpriced but not unfair given today's market rate.

Soldato
They were all snapped up again 2mins into sell time, and you can't mine with them so all those bs mining conspiracy theories can go out the door.

Not really, mining demand is constraining supply into the channel. Scalpers are still active on stuff that hits channel.

I don't think this card is worth more than 300-350 in a normal market

Associate
massively overpriced crap...£400-£500 for a 2060s basically - insane.

eth miners cant use it anyway or rather it is crippled. if they do bios mod and unlock it then thats a different story. however if things go wrong with the mod, you have a rather expensive piece of brick.

u are so wrong... flashing bios is a kids game. no device can be bricked unreparable by flashing bios. worst case desolder the chip of the board, get new chip doe 10c onb aliexpress get eprom load new bios, solder chip back and your brick is back to life.

you would be surprised what can be done to broken dead gpus. soon i get my bga station and will be able to reflow gpu chips. thats some next level stuff.

Soldato
u are so wrong... flashing bios is a kids game. no device can be bricked unreparable by flashing bios. worst case desolder the chip of the board, get new chip doe 10c onb aliexpress get eprom load new bios, solder chip back and your brick is back to life.

you would be surprised what can be done to broken dead gpus. soon i get my bga station and will be able to reflow gpu chips. thats some next level stuff.
I am sure you and me are happy to do that. Consider the average joe public who s thinking I can cash in something on this 3060 and paid twice over MSRP.

you think a motherboard bios flash is like a walk in the park. Look at how many people on this forum alone can’t get that process done right.

anyway there is no modded bios out there.

Associate
I am sure you and me are happy to do that. Consider the average joe public who s thinking I can cash in something on this 3060 and paid twice over MSRP.

you think a motherboard bios flash is like a walk in the park. Look at how many people on this forum alone can’t get that process done right.

anyway there is not modded bios out there.
sorry if my language is to strong. mean no offence, and i agree we all have diferent skill levels, so to some it might look easy while others think its dead. thats true.
Just wanted to point out, that no device can be bricked while fidling with bios.

Soldato

anyway there is no modded bios out there.

Joe public probably doesn't know about the "lock" and it's a fairly safe bet it'll be bypassed in short order, if not already

Soldato
It's often 50% faster than a 2060... It's faster than a 1080ti with the added benefit of RT and DLSS.
Not a bad card at all if it could be found at RRP
I don’t know which review site you are in reference to but kitguru has done a fairly thorough review.

3060 is slower than 2070s. It’s performance is on par with 2060s and 5700XT. It is not 50% faster than 2060. At best 10% average. Very underwhelming tbh especially considering it’s current pricing.

Permabanned
I don’t know which review site you are in reference to but kitguru has done a fairly thorough review.

3060 is slower than 2070s. It’s performance is on par with 2060s and 5700XT. It is not 50% faster than 2060. At best 10% average. Very underwhelming tbh especially considering it’s current pricing.

The 2060 is comparable to the 1060 right?

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom