• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone else tempted to cash in on the crazy prices?

Soldato
Don’t see the point in selling my 3070fe if I can’t replace it without spending silly money.

it’s like thinking you’ve made loads of money on your house when the prices go up.

With the money from my 1070 plus mining profits, the card cost me nothing.

Soldato
I'm considering selling up my 3080 system and moving to console as I've got a system with a 1070 in it which I could use for any PC games that I already own and want to replay in future.

However, I'll sell on the MM for what I paid for it (£649) rather than contribute to a market that is driving me out of PC gaming. I'll also do my best to ensure it goes to a gamer and not a miner.

Soldato
Am tempted, got 3 Nvidia founders edition 1080tis with full box’s and blocks I don’t really use, mostly use my 3090 in gaming rig. However love the way that rig looks with all three GPUs loaded in it under a custom loop so need to weigh up money vs badass looking rig mostly used for web browsing :o if I did sell would be on here rather then eBay. CBA with that faff and worry.

Soldato
I'm considering selling up my 3080 system and moving to console as I've got a system with a 1070 in it which I could use for any PC games that I already own and want to replay in future.

However, I'll sell on the MM for what I paid for it (£649) rather than contribute to a market that is driving me out of PC gaming. I'll also do my best to ensure it goes to a gamer and not a miner.

get a stopwatch out and count the seconds if you put it in MM :p

Caporegime
I like my 3090FE in my machine, where I can get use out of it.

If I sold it I wouldn't have anything decent to replace it with, and looking at the global chip shortage it'd be a long while before I could get a replacement.

I've a sweet GTX480 that struggles to play anything even remotely new at low details :cool:

B6rjhl4.png

Associate
The best way to sell a card, if you're going to cash in, is to do local sell only. Bring a working system to a public place, allow the seller to fully test the card in your presence (or have him bring his own computer to install the card), have him run the gauntlet and test until he's happy with the purchase, then only pay with cash or cashier's check. That way you're covered since he can't scam you, he gets a tested card and you get tested money.

Unfortunately that isn't an option for many sales and will cut down drastically on the # of people who will buy from you depending on your location.

Associate
It really is tempting though to make a £1000 from my 3090 (I paid RRP). What would I buy to replace it though, don't like the idea of paying through the nose for an old card? No more gaming until I did, I wonder if I could make that £1000 through mining at least I'd still have the card.

It's a bit of a morally grey area for me, not sure how I feel about it because I wouldn't class it as "scalping" as I didn't buy it to sell it, I bought it to use it. Hmmm... not sure

Pet Northerner
Don
It really is tempting though to make a £1000 from my 3090 (I paid RRP). What would I buy to replace it though, don't like the idea of paying through the nose for an old card? No more gaming until I did, I wonder if I could make that £1000 through mining at least I'd still have the card.

It's a bit of a morally grey area for me, not sure how I feel about it because I wouldn't class it as "scalping" as I didn't buy it to sell it, I bought it to use it. Hmmm... not sure

this is why I don’t mine on my 3080. I bought it to play games on it, not look at a mining window

Soldato
I won’t sell my 3070 despite the money I could make. It would feel too much like scalping. I felt a bit of a mug sitting mashing f5 on release day for the privilege of being able to spend £500 on a piece of consumer electronics. I’m rather glad I did now though.

Giving my daughter my old 1070 for Christmas seems a little over generous in hindsight however! She only uses it for Fortnite and Roblox but I’m not going to get away with putting her back on the integrated graphics and selling it....

£1800 for a 3080FE?!

Are people insane? That's a £650 card. Just go without, why pay nearly 3 times over the asking to be a "have" instead of a "have not"? Mental.

If it's miners you'd make more money trading that £1k+ difference in crypto than mining it.

People are nuts.

Soldato
I have a spare RX5600 XT which I bought from OCUK clearance for £200 as a temp solution waiting for the new GPUs.

There are numerous completed auctions for £400-500 so very tempting though if I actually need a spare I'm screwed!

Soldato
I've been considering it; I have a bunch of cards folding including 5 water-cooled 1070s and a 1080ti. But water-cooled cards won't make as much. I've seen 1070s going at £300 when I paid <£200. Then when the market is back to normal buy 3060s.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Giving my daughter my old 1070 for Christmas seems a little over generous in hindsight however! She only uses it for Fortnite and Roblox but I’m not going to get away with putting her back on the integrated graphics and selling it....

Hahaha. I gave my 9 year old my 2080Ti.

Suppose I could slip the RX480 back in but pretty sure he’d notice. Also, I’ve promised that to my nephew once my new PC turns up.

Soldato
I didn't think you could not use paypal on ebay now? I expect a lot of the buyers will try it on and claim it never came what with the lockdown where parcels just get left on doorsteps. I guess you could do local collection cash only, but then you have to look the person in the eye that you are selling an overpriced card to. Imagine some young, beautiful girl turns up.... could you imagine the awks? lol

Soldato
I'd be tempted if I had a decent backup card, but all I have to hand is a GTX 260 and R5 240 (or an Intel iGPU). Don't really fancy using any of those for a year or more if the current situation drags on and on.

Associate
Definitely nope, they were bought for a reason and that amount of money would no make me richer, after all :cool: Also, I don't want to be a scalper myself and contribute to all this crap.

Associate
Hahaha. I gave my 9 year old my 2080Ti.

Suppose I could slip the RX480 back in but pretty sure he’d notice. Also, I’ve promised that to my nephew once my new PC turns up.

I know this feeling number two son has one of my water cooled Titan's in his rig, he keeps asking where the other one has gone / is going!

Back
Top Bottom