UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 25th Feb 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ole's trying to give him an opportunity to play himself into form.

Too late imo. Confidence players aren't good enough at a club wanting titles.

If you watch him off the ball, he is *always* the laziest man on the pitch....never moving or making an effort.

I can't suffer players who aren't in form who actually put in the graft (Dan James is a prime example) but out of form players who also don't seem to give a **** should be gone.

Everything Martial does is languid and like hes having a kick around with his mates after smoking a bowl or two.

Soldato
Dull game so I'll have a bit of a rant.
I wouldn't allow players as one footed as Nemanja Matic to play in central midfield. He is probably my least favourite United player. Slow, cumbersome and so left footed that anyone playing against him must have such an easy time anticipating what he's going to do. Then just as I type it he crosses with his right foot!

fez

fez

Caporegime
One thing I took from last night is that Paul Scholes thinks Utd are a lot better than they actually
are

He tends to deal in the middle ground. We play **** and he thinks it was OK. We play well and he thinks it was OK.

We have a team that could compete for the league with a couple of additions and a better manager but at the moment we are just another team in the pack competing for top 4.

Caporegime
One thing I took from last night is that Paul Scholes thinks Utd are a lot better than they actually
are

Yesterdays game was just a dead rubber so not worth looking into. We are still miles off City and Liverpool but are getting there. We just need that top class centre back and Henderson needs to start full time. I still think we are playing our best football under Ole since SAF retired. We have already scored 53 goals this season (Only 13 off last season with plenty of games to go).

We have dropped so many points due to silly defensive errors. De Gea has also got one of the worst save percentages in the league this year. We dropped points against Leicester, Everton, Sheffield United and West Brom which were pretty much all due to defensive errors. That is 9 points right there and we would be hot on Man Cities heels then. That is pretty much the difference between a good and average defence in the league.

Also not to be victim but Cavani, Pogba, Mctominay and DVB are all out. Three out of 4 of those are starting eleven players and out of them all I hope Mctominay is fit and ready for Chelsea on Sunday.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yesterdays game was just a dead rubber so not worth looking into. We are still miles off City and Liverpool but are getting there. We just need that top class centre back and Henderson needs to start full time. I still think we are playing our best football under Ole since SAF retired. We have already scored 53 goals this season (Only 13 off last season with plenty of games to go).

We have dropped so many points due to silly defensive errors. De Gea has also got one of the worst save percentages in the league this year. We dropped points against Leicester, Everton, Sheffield United and West Brom which were pretty much all due to defensive errors. That is 9 points right there and we would be hot on Man Cities heels then. That is pretty much the difference between a good and average defence in the league.

Also not to be victim but Cavani, Pogba, Mctominay and DVB are all out. Three out of 4 of those are starting eleven players and out of them all I hope Mctominay is fit and ready for Chelsea on Sunday.
What jarred me was the way he completely dismissed Arsenals and Spurs chances of winning the Europa, but that Utd should be looking to win it. I really don’t think there is enough of a gap between the teams to make a sweeping statement like that.

Fact is, Utd, spurs and Arsenal can beat any team left in the competition, so all 3 should be looking to win it.

Man of Honour
OP
Europa Last 16 Draw:

Ajax v Young Boys
Dynamo Kiev v Villarreal
Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk
Olympiacos v Arsenal
Dynamo Zagreb v Spurs
Man
Utd v AC Milan
Slavia Prague v Rangers
Granada v Molde

Meh tie for us, lets hope we don't get a repeat of last time... Zlatan derby should be fun!

Caporegime
Europa Last 16 Draw:

Ajax v Young Boys
Dynamo Kiev v Villarreal
Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk
Olympiacos v Arsenal
Dynamo Zagreb v Spurs
Man
Utd v AC Milan
Slavia Prague v Rangers
Granada v Molde

Meh tie for us, lets hope we don't get a repeat of last time... Zlatan derby should be fun!
We’ll be all out for revenge this year. Auba in particular.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Might as well beat the best teams in the competition. I know no one remembers who you played on the way to winning a tournament but I want to play the best teams in whatever competition I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom