• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyones factory overclocked 3090 freezing?

Soldato
valhalla has been crashing for me too after one of the recent updates

im trying to pinpoint if I have software causing it but yeah who knows, no other games are crashing

Associate
Thanks Purgatory. How comes I'm getting in the 1600's on 3dmark - http://www.3dmark.com/spy/18630957 Is this just down to the fact I'm using a 5600x? I see vapor matt got 21k and his graphics score is
21849 compared to my 20244. I haven't manually changed anything in thundermaster and the switch is set to 1 out of the box.

My setup: https://bit.ly/3qXlP4E I have a gamerock 3090oc PC part picker seems to get the sku wrong

Associate
8009 yeah it's a ryzen 5 5600x so a big difference there. Haven't tried any overclocking yet.

Have you changed anything in the overclock settings on thundermaster for your gamerock?

Associate
with the gamerock already overclocked to 1845 on bios 1 in thundermaster set over clocking to max power, then start at 100mhz on the clock, because these are already 1845 it will take you to 1950mhz which it will then boost past to 2100mhz its depending on cooling if it can hold that, set memory to + 400 and you will be good to go. make sure fans set to 100%

also make sure in Nvidia control pannel set to MAX power and set to performance mode. try that.

Associate
with the gamerock already overclocked to 1845 on bios 1 in thundermaster set over clocking to max power, then start at 100mhz on the clock, because these are already 1845 it will take you to 1950mhz which it will then boost past to 2100mhz its depending on cooling if it can hold that, set memory to + 400 and you will be good to go. make sure fans set to 100%

also make sure in Nvidia control panel set to MAX power and set to performance mode. try that.

that pushed my graphics card to 2055mhz and the score from 20,244 to 21,098.

I guess I should look at cpu overclocking next. Not that I will use it much just wanted to see how far I could push my hardware.

Associate
that pushed my graphics card to 2055mhz and the score from 20,244 to 21,098.

I guess I should look at cpu overclocking next. Not that I will use it much just wanted to see how far I could push my hardware.

So that's an improvement for starters, I dont like pushing to close to the edge although you can squezz more, try ram at 500 and see what you get, but above 500 sometimes it will trottle, you have to find the point of max core with max mem with out throttling. what i like to do is is run about 10% off max to be safe, with the gamerock already clocked to 1845mhz i would just leave it there. nice to know what it can do
but no point risking damaging the card with on the edge over clocking. I sold my gamerock on as there is no water block for it yet, and after 2 months of having to run with the glass off my Thermaltake 900 tower (watercool case) to allow the gamerock to cool properly i purchased a 3090fe and waterblock so its nice and cool and quiet. The fe doesn't have the same 440w bios so isnt as fast but fast enough to enjoy
the quiet environment now.

Gamerock 3090oc is a great card so enjoy it, also see its £2300 now lol so don't cook it.

Associate
Yeah thanks for tips.

I've already reset everything I changed it was just for bumping up the 3d mark numbers I'm not bothered about a few fps here or there.

Yeah I may look at watercooling in the future but I'm happy with my temps at the mo. Apparently alphacool are now looking at making a waterblock for it....

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/lh1xpt/alphacool_on_the_next_water_block_today_we_got_a/

Crazy prices at the mo. I felt quite done over paying £1850 for it from CCL but price spy shows that the cards started off around £1550 so the markup wasn't as much compared to others.

Back
Top Bottom