• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX3060 review thread

Soldato
OP
In a world where people are paying ~£600 for them, I think I'm just going to call myself Ronald and wear a clown outfit from now on. Easier to blend in.
Nvidia is pulling the same trick(like AMD) with its partners. Its quite clear to support their industry leading profit margins,the RRP is too low for AIB partners to survive on. So they set pie in the sky RRPs,then can blame partners,miners,etc for the RRP not being kept to. They have done this before AFAIK! They then hope reviewers review the GPUs at their RRPs,but not the actual price,so the stealth price increases are hidden.

Wait for the £400 RTX4060,which is slightly faster than an RTX3060TI!

Soldato
I'm not even sure why nvidia has bothered with the 3060 when they could have just kept the 2060 super in production and freed up 8nm capacity for other ampere cards.

Soldato
OP
I'm not even sure why nvidia has bothered with the 3060 when they could have just kept the 2060 super in production and freed up 8nm capacity for other ampere cards.
They have brought back the 2060S too iirc, or the normal 2060.

Its not going to help unless its made outside Taiwan! Taiwan has a massive drought and TSMC is having to buy truckloads of water!

Soldato
Don't worry Nvidia will save us! They can set a £200 RRP,make sure they sell all the bits to their AIB partners at max cost,and then blame everyone else for the RRP not being attainable!
Next up will probably be the 3050 which performs the same as a 1660 super and costs £250 @MSRP or £350+ when available.

Soldato
OP
Next up will probably be the 3050 which performs the same as a 1660 super and costs £250 @MSRP or £350+ when available.

Nvidia has had relatively flat data centre revenue the last two quarters but nearly $800 million increase in "gaming" revenue over the same period! Net and gross margins up,but their AIB partners apparently are finding it harder to survive. So they don't care - even during times in the past they have forced lower RRPs on their partners,but refused to budge on pricing of key parts they supply them with. They don't eat the margins,their partners have to. So when the partners can't hit the "recommended" price Nvidia can say its not their fault. Moreover,the fact there was no FE on the Nvidia website,pretty much says they probably knew the RRP wasn't really doable.

Now you can have gimped mining and a stealth price increase!! I suppose gamers and enthusiasts will have to act like charities to prop up them up right?

Soldato
I wouldnt be surprised if Lisa and Jenson had a private chat somewhere in their ancestral home in Taiwan back in early 2020 and how they will drive demand to crazy levels....

i meant nvidia came out with that Jenson in the kitchen baking up a 3090 and how 3080 was twice as fast as 2080ti with that dodgy Digital Foundry review (spit on the ground) and cost less than half mullarkey

then AMD trumps it with even more budget friendly cards that are 10% faster with the secrete SAM!

everyone was going mad at the prospect of great value and now people just want to get their hands on the newest and shinest...and forgot about VALUE FOR MONEY completely

Soldato
At RRP it isn't bad, but not exciting either. At inflated prices simply terrible value, sit on your hands unless the prices are more reasonable.

Are Nvidia still shifting FE models at sensible prices?

Associate
Seen listed at just under £1500 on a competitor. Stock was 4. It's gone down to 3 so presumably somebody bit. Utter madness.
How much!? I had to check the header to the tread, to make sure it was for the 3060 and not a 3070/3080!?
£1500 for a 3060 :eek::eek::eek: madness!

Associate
Because Nvidia has put 12GB of VRAM on this card and they are hoping it will seduce people to buy it...smoke and mirrors....that is if you want to pay through the nose to get one!?

Back
Top Bottom