TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
One of these days I am going to contact then in an official manner and list all the investigations they have opened on myself and ask for the full report and results of each investigation. Not only do they have to provide that as you cannot run an investigation on someone and not tell them the results. But if they have 5+ investigations all with zero evidence, zero cause behind them, it’s a pretty good starting point for a harassment case. After all what justification have they got for doing so many investigations when all the previous ones came back negative.

That's if they every start sending me letters again. Not had a problem since I removed there right of access.
Sounds like a fun day.

Soldato
They send you spam letters when you dont have one for any reason. When I moved in to my house there was one waiting for me before I arrived lol.

Soldato
If nothing else they should be told off by the government for the huge waste of paper. I'm saving all mine up for a year and sending them all back at once.
Actually quite shocking how many I already have, I think at the end of the year I'll fill the post box.

Soldato
I've never had an issue with TV license. I haven't paid it for years now as I don't watch BBC or even have an aerial connected. I just stream.

I got a letter once at my previous property, went to the website and filled out the form saying why I don't need a license and that was that. Not heard a word from them since

Soldato
I've never had an issue with TV license. I haven't paid it for years now as I don't watch BBC or even have an aerial connected. I just stream.

I got a letter once at my previous property, went to the website and filled out the form saying why I don't need a license and that was that. Not heard a word from them since
Great. Only worked for a short time for me then the letters started again.

Soldato
And dont put your name on the form otherwise they know who to chase from a legal perspective. I put "the occupier" seeing as how they love writing to him :p

Soldato
Sounds like it's worth a laugh, but i reckon it would just get ignored due to the letters mostly never being named.
Most likely though I have heard of cases where people have taken them to court for harassment and used the letters and investigations as evidence. Won then had a payout. While they are leaving me alone due to rights of access being removed I guess its not really worth doing.

Caporegime
Most likely though I have heard of cases where people have taken them to court for harassment and used the letters and investigations as evidence. Won then had a payout.

If that had happened I'm sure it would have made the news, do you have any links reporting these court cases?

Soldato
If that had happened I'm sure it would have made the news, do you have any links reporting these court cases?
Not sure if it was from the BBC yearly reports or a freedom of information act. Around 2008 to 2014 the BBC had paid out over £100,000 compensation to people they bullied over a TV license free. I have not been keeping track but I expect they are still paying out 2014 onwards.

Phill (Not his real name) successfully sued TV Licensing for the costs incurred having to deal with letters here are his court doucments. TV Licensing Successfully Sued Oct 2014 - Google Drive Not worth the time/Money if you ask me but it can be done.

I had a lot of problem myself in the past so I used to read up on how to deal with the BBC "inspectors". Since I resolved my problems a few years back I have not been kicking track on recent events.

Soldato
I had to do it 2-3 times and they finally stopped, it is worth doing it. I haven't heard a peep for at least 2 years (might be more now)
I guess i should let the DVLA know about all the cars i don't have as well, in case they start mithering me about taxing cars i don't own. I told them once as far as im concerned that was more than i needed to do, your having a laugh if you think im going to constantly tell them i don't need to pay them anything because i don't use a service.

Soldato
I guess i should let the DVLA know about all the cars i don't have as well, in case they start mithering me about taxing cars i don't own. I told them once as far as im concerned that was more than i needed to do, your having a laugh if you think im going to constantly tell them i don't need to pay them anything because i don't use a service.

False equivalence. You no longer have access to those cars, but you probably do have access to live TV, if you were so inclined.

Soldato
I have access to as many cars as I buy, it's a trust thing of I choose to tax them or not.

You do, but you specifically said cars that you don't own/have.

I didn't mention anything about the cars that you own but choose to not pay VED for.

It's not a trust thing either, if you plan to use the car on the road and it's not had it's duty paid you'll be fined.

Soldato
You do, but you specifically said cars that you don't own/have.

I didn't mention anything about the cars that you own but choose to not pay VED for.

It's not a trust thing either, if you plan to use the car on the road and it's not had it's duty paid you'll be fined.
Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom