Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I got £250 of Celluar, I think I'll be selling them for some nice profit if it's around 20p+!

From HL:
"
Cellular Goods PLC - Transfer From PrimaryBid

Further to our previous correspondence regarding your transfer from PrimaryBid to Hargreaves Lansdown; your shares in Cellular Goods will not be credited to your Fund and Shares account until they have been received from PrimaryBid.

We anticipate receiving your shares by the close of business today (Friday 26 February 2021).

No further action from yourself is needed. We will contact you again once your shares have been received and credited to your Fund and Share account.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Jacobs

Dealing Desk

Hargreaves Lansdown"

Soldato
Debating if it's worth getting in at this point or not tbh... Especially on HL where I expect the usual £12 per trade applies... so call it £24 assuming you'll be selling eventually. Then how big of an investment do you need to make for it to be worth it? I could chuck in £500 for example but it'd have to go +5% from here just to cover the fees. Decisions decisions...

Soldato
Debating if it's worth getting in at this point or not tbh... Especially on HL where I expect the usual £12 per trade applies... so call it £24 assuming you'll be selling eventually. Then how big of an investment do you need to make for it to be worth it? I could chuck in £500 for example but it'd have to go +5% from here just to cover the fees. Decisions decisions...

Yeah, i think when you're paying those kind of fees you need £1k minimum per transaction. That's why i like T212 for smaller trades.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Personally I think buying into Celluar Goods right now (as in this morning) is mental... a lot of investors won’t have their IPO shares to sell til Monday and there will be plenty dumping their holdings as soon as they can for a quick buck.
Might get some weekend press that pushes it higher - waiting til later today for some of the froth to come out of the price and selling into Monday’s rise could be a tactic but isn’t much more than a gamble IMO

Soldato
Personally I think buying into Celluar Goods right now (as in this morning) is mental... a lot of investors won’t have their IPO shares to sell til Monday and there will be plenty dumping their holdings as soon as they can for a quick buck.
Might get some weekend press that pushes it higher - waiting til later today for some of the froth to come out of the price and selling into Monday’s rise could be a tactic but isn’t much more than a gamble IMO

I agree,

If I could sell right now - I likely would OR at least half my holding.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hadn't considered using T212 before, I will have to sign up to them in the new tax year for a S&S ISA.
Just be aware that a lot of the smaller cap AIM stocks are really hard to buy on there as they don’t go to the market to fill orders. They do it off their own book as I understand it.
It’s fine for larger cap stocks but I sometimes find prices on HL a little better which negates the £0 trading cost

Soldato
GME seems like a wild ride if you're prepared to accept that you could be quids in, or take a bath at the drop of a hat, based on when you enter and exit. The share price is currently like 97% speculation.

People HODLing I can sortof understand, if they got in early and if they believe in the fundamentals, which is what DFV has been talking about for months. I don't know whether the ~$40 price was an accurate reflection of fundamentals, though.

it seems there are people HODL'ing simply because they see it as a get rich quick scheme, which for some savvy and lucky people it has been, rather than having any belief or consideration for GameStop itself, but for every DFV making $milliions there will be however many hundreds of people who bought in at $400+, maybe even on margin, because they just saw a potential to make big cash quickly.

I fear that in the fullness of time there will be a load of people left holding the bag. Margin calls go both ways.

Soldato
Still a good week for me, I'm only in IAG, RR and INRG at the moment.

INRG is still way too deep into Plug Power for my liking though, so not sure if I'll hang on to it. It does feel like US stocks are going to stay bearish short term.

Associate
Had problems this morning with HL due to Celluar trading - asked for trading password? WTF...and then finally bought £1k but nothing showing sold...just before I was going to try again after a few mins it finally appeared. Made a small profit and may top up INRG soon.

Back
Top Bottom