*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
How many people are unplugging their G2's after every use? I know in the instructions that came with the G2 it states to not have it plugged in when you are not using it but I worry that over the days/weeks/months of pluggin in and unplugging that the connection will come lose and it's also inconvenient to do. If HP want it powered down surely they should have included a power toggle on the cable? Has anyone found an adapter or similar to put in line to act as a power switch?

Use a powered USB hub which has a physical switch for every connection instead!

I personally using this without any issues:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CXW1QGM

However another user reported that he is using a smart power connector instead on the headset external power block...
(I never tried this myselft though...)

For me this solution works even mutliple times a day so never need to restart my machine or any other weirdness...

Associate
I leave it plugged in, just turn it off at the mains. Haven’t had an issue.

can't turn mine off at the mains as it's on an extension block that doesn't have individual switches per plug so at the moment I have the power cube on the desk with the power cable plugged into it that i pull out when not in use.

Associate
How many people are unplugging their G2's after every use? I know in the instructions that came with the G2 it states to not have it plugged in when you are not using it but I worry that over the days/weeks/months of pluggin in and unplugging that the connection will come lose and it's also inconvenient to do. If HP want it powered down surely they should have included a power toggle on the cable? Has anyone found an adapter or similar to put in line to act as a power switch?

As above, powered hub with individual switches on each port here, I turn it on and off as required. Useful for other USB stuff too.

Associate
Has anyone found an adapter or similar to put in line to act as a power switch?

I'm still waiting for stock to show up but have already purchased a substitute C5 power brick cable and modified it with an inline (torpedo type) switch.

That way, I'm not changing any of the original parts in case it ever needs to go back to HP for warranty etc.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got any prescription lenses / adapters?
I was going to print an adapter and fit some Zenni #550021. But it looks like Zenni no longer ship to the UK.
Are there any printed alternatives people recommend. Or preferred VR lens retailer. Seems like none are UK based.

Associate
Decided to order a pair from VR Optician.
£65 delivered. Fortunately, I can claim that back through a healthcare plan :cool:
Suspect I might get hit with VAT and maybe import now. Time will tell.

Associate
Typical, I've been waiting for the printed gaskets to come back in stock by that Danol on Etsy.. then VRCover bring one out.. VR Flight Sim guy rates it highly but MRTV says it's essentially the same as the stock one. Have also read about one by Jewcookie but can't find a link to those.

Does anyone else have the same dilemma? I really want to improve the fov as much as possible and don't know whether to go with Danol, or wait for the VRCover one in the EU.

Associate
Gone back over this thread and seems that Zeeflyboy was raving about the Danol one, so taken the plunge and ordered one before they all sell out again.

Soldato
There's a ton of games you can do that with, depends on what you're in to really. Anti grav racers like Vector 36, Redout, GRIP, BallisticNG. Pinball plays great with a pad, a shooter like 1976, Hellblade, Subnautica, Battlezone.

Many more beyond thinking about, as well as the rabbit hole that is VorpX

Soldato
Another excellent gamepad game is Alien Isolation with the VR mod. Though I recommend to have change of underwear ready.

If you like the 90's shooter Descent, then the modern sequel 'Overload' has a VR mode played via gamepad, though you will need good VR legs to play.

House Of The Dying Sun is an excellent space-sim, and the graphics are stylised so easy on your hardware. Should look amazing at native resolution on the G2.

Soldato
Trover saves the universe is pretty good controller based game if you have an infantile sense of humour.

Second the alien isolation with motherVR mod too.

Hellblade senua’s sacrifice is controller based too.

MSFS2020 of course too!

Associate
Had a go on my brothers sim racing setup yesterday. Reverb G2, Simcube wheel motor, GT3 steering wheel, fanatec pedals, butt kickers, etc. He’s also made an arduino driven fan that blows speed dependant. His PC is similar spec to mine, 5900x with 6900xt but the G2 picture clarity seemed massively better than I’ve seen with my Quest 2 or Rift 1. This was playing iracing with long beach track everything to max and steam SS set to auto.
Badly need to get myself a G2 now !

Associate
Couple of nights ago, for some reason I felt that the SDE was more apparent and that the image wasn't as clear. I guess what you'd call significant artifacting on edges even just in the cliff house. I checked all my reprojecting settings were still off in Steam as I thought the image wasn't as good there either. I had pretty much written it off as being me as I'd not used the headset in a little while. Tonight however, again in cliff house when turning my head there is massive ghosting effect on the whole image. Bounced the machine, bounced the headset multiple times, re-seated the cable both ends and still the same. Two things have happened recently. I picked up on Nvidia finally getting their act together so I've gone back to the latest drivers. I also had the windows update bug whereby Windows update stopped working in December and it turned out to be WMR, so the whole of WMR has been re-installed.. It had been fine for a few weeks till these image problems appeared.

I'm not entirely certain I can blame the G2 yet though. I get major stuttering in all non VR games for a split second and then everything comes back. Nothing is taxing my machine and one of the games is PES so is barely touching the 2070 Super I have. I have a horrible feeling it may be rebuild time, or worse something isn't healthy in my build CPU, GPU etc.

For now though I'm on the hunt to get my G2 working again, so back I go on the Nvidia drivers. Will report back. Don't suppose these issues strike a chord with anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom