• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Associate
Yeah the RX 5000 series supports SAM/RBar as far as I know.

Found some reviews where it seems to sit between the 5700 and 5700XT, so do we have an RBAR on/off comparisons for those cards instead of comparing the 3060 against the 6800+?

Soldato
Soldato
Personally I`m hoping we have some indicator that its turned on. Whether it be a game detects it and has the on/off option or some other indicator such as the Nvidia Control Panel or there will be a lot of is it/is it not switched on messages.

Permabanned
Personally I`m hoping we have some indicator that its turned on. Whether it be a game detects it and has the on/off option or some other indicator such as the Nvidia Control Panel or there will be a lot of is it/is it not switched on messages.

Probably a On-Screen indicator like for G-Sync or PhysX.

Soldato
On my X570 Auros Elite I have seen the rbar option although haven't enabled it.

I will be very miffed if it doesn't work with my 3700x.

---

Lots of videos on YouTube showing people using it with 3000 series CPUs so should be fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Really can't wait to see what the 3090 is like with it on. Will be interesting to see if the faster cards benefit more with it on. Hurry up and release the VBIOS updates :D

If the memory interface size matters, the 3080 and 3090 will do really well.

Soldato
What are the chances this tech will be eventually rolled out to work with older cpus etc?
I’m still rocking a 5930k on x99 and from what I’ve read it theoretically / technically should work with that!

Soldato
It's a bit cheeky not adding it to the RTX 2xxx series IMO but lots of people have been saying the 3060 would be more compelling if it were in line with the 2070 super rather than the 2060 super/2070 and resizable bar support will pretty much achieve that by the looks of it seeing as most reviewers don't enable it by default.

edit:

eurogamer on it: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-review?page=6

performance difference is anywhere from non-existent to 15%, with the best results seen at lower resolutions. As they mention they don't enable it by default but may in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom