• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So did anyone actually get a 3060?

Soldato
1080ti/12gb 2070 performance is great, pp is a joke!

Problem we have is the 1080p fps performance is outweighing what games are producing outwith paid for RT'ing titles.

Don't worry all the AMD/Nvidia supporters will go on how its all about XYZ price increases,miners,coronavirus,Martians,etc and how its all according to plan. It was the same excuses when Nvidia made £1000 GPUs a thing nearly a decade ago. But despite all these "cost increases" these poor charities,have to put up with,it seems every quarter is another record one WRT to revenue,margins,etc. Dell,Sony,MS,etc,ie,all the large companies seem to have no problem paying lower prices than us for all these "hard to get" parts. .
I got slaughtered in here for being being vocal with anti Titan pricing setting a precedent.

I forecast that it wouldn't be long for the top of the line then £550 gpu would be eradicated.

Look at the absolute state of gfx pricing now!

Caporegime
what people are missing is while they arent massive performance wise think what you can get right now for that price that is comparable ?

if you can get one for under 400 you doing okay. even maybe 450. 5700xts which in reality are 200 or less 2nd hand are going for 500. 1080ti which is about the same performance as a 3060. are going for 450 -500 quid.

so for the actual performance and brand new right now it aint that bad if you a gamer. the thing is....if they wasnt gouged they would be really great at the proper price of £300. same as its bigger brother the 3060ti at 370. they would be a steal.

also its obvious where most cards are going mining places or ebay for double the price. cant blame em tbh. if your a buisness your about making money.

Associate
They made cards 300 quid more expensive than their previous generation when they made 20 series after they had already made the 10 series more expensive than the 900 series. Then they announce cards that will be a lot cheaper than usual (still not as cheap as the 900 series) and everybody will jump on it. Now them cards are all just as expensive as the 20 series cards (not just from scalprs from actual retailers) people are buying them because the msrp is suppose to be low, even though they can't get them at msrp.

The above sounded great when it came into my head, notbsure the message gets across after reading it though lol.

Permabanned
The demand isn't even real.
The fact they're being sold now on eBay for profit doesn't constitute a supply or demand issue, it's a capitalism issue.

People are buying the cards to literally sell for profit.

I agree with you in this point. All the popular items are being scapled in said auction sites. There is actually stock.

Caporegime
This guy sounds like someone who had just won the 3060 lottery :cool:
In a regular year we'd be saying, "Meh, it's barely an upgrade on a 2060s which has been available for years at that price."

Today, we say, "My goodness, you managed to get it at RRP and not £300 over? You've won the lottery!"

Hah.

Soldato
u are so wrong... flashing bios is a kids game. no device can be bricked unreparable by flashing bios. worst case desolder the chip of the board, get new chip doe 10c onb aliexpress get eprom load new bios, solder chip back and your brick is back to life.

you would be surprised what can be done to broken dead gpus. soon i get my bga station and will be able to reflow gpu chips. thats some next level stuff.

I read somewhere that a BIOS flash won't work as it's hard coded into the firmware in a certain way to do with trust. I can't remember the details. They were saying there is more likely to be a software hack/workaround to spoof what the GPU is actually doing. i.e. Make it look like gaming.
Let's see if it gets hacked this weekend.

Permabanned
In a regular year we'd be saying, "Meh, it's barely an upgrade on a 2060s which has been available for years at that price."

Today, we say, "My goodness, you managed to get it at RRP and not £300 over? You've won the lottery!"

Hah.

:rolleyes: Sad state of affairs, it reminds me of when people started panic buying and bough all the toilet paper in the supermarkets. A real stinker this situation!

Associate
people are taking these cards too literally with their names. we now have ti and S and im sure nvidia have a vew more abbreviations they can throw out there to get people to think they are buying something better than whatever else is out there.

you all got merked with the titan then the titan x then the titan xp. then they decided to merk you with 2080 2080S and 2080ti. no doubt there is a titan this gen aswell that everyone believed wouldnt be the case because they were sold the 3090 as a titan. when will we learn?

so with all this fuss about a card no real gamer would be using to game with there is definitely going to be a 3060S coming sooner or later.

Soldato
This guy sounds like someone who had just won the 3060 lottery :cool:

Almost feels like it, which is a bit weird considering the prize is being able to buy an item at its intended price. :p

Hah.

Haha, yep! Although it's not just scarcity psychology induced bargain hunting, I ordered it with a few special constraints that make it a bit more interesting to me than to some other people I imagine. For instance I'd like to be able to do some Kaggle and other machine learning problems with it, for which good solutions can end up requiring a lot of memory. The 3060 is currently unbeatable on a RAM per £ basis. Plus I only really game at 1080p anyway and the 3060 seems to actually do a little better than the 2070 at that res on average. It also meets my slightly arbitrary criteria of "theoretically better or equal to the console GPUs while being (in this case very, very, slightly) under £300".

I like to think of it not so much as "not a lot cheaper than the RTX 2060/Super" but more like "quite a lot cheaper than the RTX 2070" :D But obviously that's all academic at the moment anyway.

Back
Top Bottom