BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will look to stick some Pilot Sport tyres on, I'm annoyed with myself I didn't think to check at the time of looking over the car. I didn't think the dealer would put such **** tyres on, shows my naivety. Black Circles seems to be the best, all four for £616 fitted.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will look to stick some Pilot Sport tyres on, I'm annoyed with myself I didn't think to check at the time of looking over the car. I didn't think the dealer would put such **** tyres on, shows my naivety. Black Circles seems to be the best, all four for £616 fitted.
Try ASDA tyres, I've always found them extremely competitive. It's also worth trying some local places, there's one near me that nearly always beats online prices, the only downside though is that they are exceptionally busy as a result.

Man of Honour
How weird, even for the same power level?

Yes. The staggered setup is nothing to do with power level really, it's a trim level thing and is probably more about looks than anything else. They've been doing it for ages - only the Sport/M Sport gets the staggered setup.

For example, 2002 520i Sport - 170bhp, staggered setup. 2002 540i SE - 286bhp, standard setup.

Soldato
Yes. The staggered setup is nothing to do with power level really, it's a trim level thing and is probably more about looks than anything else. They've been doing it for ages - only the Sport/M Sport gets the staggered setup.

For example, 2002 520i Sport - 170bhp, staggered setup. 2002 540i SE - 286bhp, standard setup.
I thought the square setup was because of the air suspension on the rear of the 5 series touring specifically?

Soldato
OP
I really want my next car to be not a BMW but I am so used to them now, having had them for the last 10 years. Being able to play a DVD on the iDrive to keep the children quiet is really underrated. I've looked at other marques ICE to see if they also offer this but can't find anything concrete i.e. Porsche, Jag, Mercedes, Audi, etc.

Soldato
I've loved every BMW I've had pretty much, but my current M2C is my 7th on the trot! May be time for something else. Next one will be 4WD whatever it is. Perhaps I should go full circle and go back to an RS4...although sensible me thinks it'll probably be an M340 touring.

Soldato
I really want my next car to be not a BMW but I am so used to them now, having had them for the last 10 years. Being able to play a DVD on the iDrive to keep the children quiet is really underrated. I've looked at other marques ICE to see if they also offer this but can't find anything concrete i.e. Porsche, Jag, Mercedes, Audi, etc.

Jag, or at least the last XF I had had an HDMI port in the arm rest, but I never tried video on it, and it did have the optional DVD drive. My X3 doesn't have a DVD drive at all with the latest iDrive

Soldato
What's the standard size on the rear?

As for larger I'd say little point. Better to have top quality rubber from Goodyear or Michelin.

/edit: rears should be 275 anyway I think on this car?
It's a touring, which have the same size wheels front and back - so 245 all round. Though I cannot imagine it makes any real difference.
My 5 Touring came with a staggered setup as standard
Front - 245
Rear - 275

Associate
I Being able to play a DVD on the iDrive to keep the children quiet is really underrated. I've looked at other marques ICE to see if they also offer this but can't find anything concrete i.e. Porsche, Jag, Mercedes, Audi, etc.

My 2013 Skoda even does this, I'd be surprised if some of those premium cars can't.

Back
Top Bottom