• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Your favorite graphics card?

Associate
Geforce 4 ti 4200 or the 8800 gt both were within spitting distance of their top of the range brethren for well under £200

Seems like a fairy story compared to the current market. That being said year before last I nabbed got an rx 570 for £120 and thats still a fantastic card for the money

Last edited:
Permabanned
HD 4750

I bought one brand new , I think it was like £150 back then. I must have received a gem. This card clocked 50% more on the memory and core clock and ran stable and did not overheat! ;)

8155-IMG4627s-1.jpg

Caporegime
I think this video says a lot about why so many talk highly about voodoo cards, it really was a massive difference going from software rendering to dedicated voodoo graphics. From low res crap that chugged to higher res that was significantly better looking and ran a ton smoother.

Associate
I think this video says a lot about why so many talk highly about voodoo cards, it really was a massive difference going from software rendering to dedicated voodoo graphics. From low res crap that chugged to higher res that was significantly better looking and ran a ton smoother.

Yep - this was my first foray into GPU's and I wasn't disappointed, led me to the next 15 or 20 years of keeping a semi good PC.

I've never been at the cutting edge, my last and current GPU is a 1070 - due an upgrade about now but the situation is mental.

But fave GPU, it's a toss up between my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI or my current 1070, got a soft spot for both. The Voodoo introduced me to how good games could look after suffering integrated graphics, and my 1070 introduced me to proper PC VR, especially Half Life Alyx (what a game that is!).

Back
Top Bottom