Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Caporegime
Have to say I'm impressed with the zombies season 2 changes, outbreak is a lot of fun in a squad.

Saying that it runs like absolute ass on my Series X, FPS is all over the place. Had to disable RT.

Soldato
Caved in? Its £9 :D
:D I suppose that does sound quite tight of me, it's more having to pay for fluff when the damn thing still crashes 4 months after launch, wish they'd sort that out first rather than peddling clown suits and OP SMGs.

Have to say I'm impressed with the zombies season 2 changes, outbreak is a lot of fun in a squad.

Saying that it runs like absolute ass on my Series X, FPS is all over the place. Had to disable RT.

I gave up on RT a while ago as it makes MP laggy, is it ok for you with it off in Zombies? Apparently the PS5 is having fps issues with this season.

Caporegime
:D I suppose that does sound quite tight of me, it's more having to pay for fluff when the damn thing still crashes 4 months after launch, wish they'd sort that out first rather than peddling clown suits and OP SMGs.

I gave up on RT a while ago as it makes MP laggy, is it ok for you with it off in Zombies? Apparently the PS5 is having fps issues with this season.

Definitely improved but it's not completely smooth.

Soldato
Is the outbreak event available on warzone? I can’t seem to find an option to play it. My main screen is showing all the options... just no way to join.
So there's the outbreak zombies mode in cold war, and an outbreak in warzone which is currently limited to the shipwreck.

However, all indications look like the zombie spawn locations will be increasing on warzone, in the missile silos there's machines with a display showing 5% infection level, and only shipwreck is marked as 'infected' on the map, which is 1 of 20/21 locations...

Expect more zombie spawn locations soon (one machine to spawn them was found at hospital but has dissappeared) and then once it reaches 100%...

KABOOM. :D

Nukes go bang. Bye bye Verdansk.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah 100% Verdansk is going bye bye when the counter reaches 100%.

I expect what will happen is there will then be an aether portal time skip to the Ural mountains battle royale map and we play on that.

Soldato
ok stupid question,
Which parts of Cold war need to be installed to make the Free Trail Zombies work?
I have downloaded the base game, zombies, HD and ray tracing packs free trial parts and the game loads up but in the zombies lobby says i don't have the required content.

So do i have to download MP, Campaign and Dead ops as well? thats a huge amount of extra data.

Everyone else makes smart delivery and Xbox Series X stuff easy, this is a bleeding nightmare, it downloaded the non Series X version first time round, which just crashes on the series X.

Associate
I just bought this game and collecting it tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if I could download the game so it’s ready when I get the disc ?

Soldato
I can't believe how buggy this game is. It's so bad.

Im sure I must have a problem with my install because the graphics are like 360. It's like the 4k texture pack doesn't load or something like that.

Associate
Loving this Outbreak, had the new xbox & cod since launch but not had much time to play it but the Outbreak you can do solo & you’re not rushed around.. just got loads of money to spend once killed everything and done a few of the challenges. I like that it’s not super condensed.. bet it’s good with a full party

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
ok stupid question,
Which parts of Cold war need to be installed to make the Free Trail Zombies work?
I have downloaded the base game, zombies, HD and ray tracing packs free trial parts and the game loads up but in the zombies lobby says i don't have the required content.

So do i have to download MP, Campaign and Dead ops as well? thats a huge amount of extra data.

Everyone else makes smart delivery and Xbox Series X stuff easy, this is a bleeding nightmare, it downloaded the non Series X version first time round, which just crashes on the series X.

I don't know about Xbox, but on PS all I downloaded was the base game and MP pack and MP/Zombies works fine. It's annoying on PS that the free trial is only the PS4 version and not PS5 :(

Soldato
Loving this Outbreak, had the new xbox & cod since launch but not had much time to play it but the Outbreak you can do solo & you’re not rushed around.. just got loads of money to spend once killed everything and done a few of the challenges. I like that it’s not super condensed.. bet it’s good with a full party
I played Outbreak last night and I think it's excellent, it's one of the few times I've used a mic and it's been helpful as there's always a random clown that doesn't seem to get the point of staying together. It's kind of left for dead really ( which is a good thing to me).

Associate
I played Outbreak last night and I think it's excellent, it's one of the few times I've used a mic and it's been helpful as there's always a random clown that doesn't seem to get the point of staying together. It's kind of left for dead really ( which is a good thing to me).

yeah I agree, it’s brill with friends I’ve played it again earlier

Soldato
Worked it out, Need the MP section installed as well, i didnt realise the MP section was on the F2p week as well.

Outbreak mode is actually really really good, to the point i may think about buying the game now, I still dont like the MP though Modern Warfare is much better.

Associate
Just picked up Cold War on PS5 having not played a COD for a while I was wondering whats with the version number (assume its that) in the top right of the screen? Can this be removed?

Associate
Had a rest from gaming the last month but another cold war free trial has got me back at it :)...simply loving team deathmatch. Am not into zombies or campaign.... They should just have say a £20 option for multiplayer access & would buy at drop of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom