• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone else tempted to cash in on the crazy prices?

Soldato
I gave my daughter my 1080ti FTW3, and they're going for silly money now. Still I did manage to sell the 980ti it replaced for £200 so that offset the price of my 3090 a bit. :D

Associate
Sell the hype, let's be honest when cryptos crash and chinese factories start pumping out gpus, you'll be kicking yourself.

Soldato
I can see why people scalp and sell when there is seemingly an endless supply of idiots out there waiting to burn their money. Honestly thought it would have faded away by now. I guess the mining boom doesnt help with that...

Soldato
I have seen my 1660 GTX go for something like £100+ more than I paid for on a popular auction web site, but I would be a bit stuffed if I sold it, as I don't have onboard graphics on this rig and I do enjoy my video games!

Man of Honour
I have seen my 1660 GTX go for something like £100+ more than I paid for on a popular auction web site, but I would be a bit stuffed if I sold it, as I don't have onboard graphics on this rig and I do enjoy my video games!

similar story here, i bought an RX 580 8gb Nitro for £169 brand new this time last year, they're averaging around £350 second hand now :o

Permabanned
Just swapped my Aorus 3080 and cash for a TUF 3090. Both RRP so Im OK with it and had considered selling my 3080 for silly money but I would only have to buy another one so it would end up cancelling itself out.

Man of Honour
I'm tempted to try and sell my second best card (RX480 8GB) which is in my son's PC, the exact model I have was sold on ebay for £370 (!!) today. To be honest I don't understand ebay sold prices, my model is nothing special and there are others selling this week for a lot less, well over £100 less. I understand why the prices are elevated overall (supply vs demand) but I don't understand why they vary so much, why are people bidding over £300 for cards like this when they could pick them up for less?

edit: I've never sold anything on ebay before, just bought a couple of things. I've seen advertisements for £1 selling fees before, how often do they come about?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm tempted to try and sell my second best card (RX480 8GB) which is in my son's PC, the exact model I have was sold on ebay for £370 (!!) today. To be honest I don't understand ebay sold prices, my model is nothing special and there are others selling this week for a lot less, well over £100 less. I understand why the prices are elevated overall (supply vs demand) but I don't understand why they vary so much, why are people bidding over £300 for cards like this when they could pick them up for less?

Buyers protection mate;

If of value don't sell on ebay and if you do - no paypal.

Facebook market place for your area?

Sold a bust 1080to for £232 a month ago. But apparently they have 6 months to send it back? This is after being ripped for my sold 1080ti

Ebay now is for business sellers, large or small. Me as joe bloggs was advised to accept a certain percentage of sales as 'loss'.

Never sell to anyone that has never sold anything via ebay - they have nothing to lose.

MM for your gear, for a fair price depending on ho many fellow Swedes are on OCUK forums. Brexit not looking so fluid as promised. Though make you wonder how much the rest of the EU are being knuts.

Soldato
Thought I'd jump on to see what was going on with gfx card prices, seems like it's a mining boom and a silicone shortage. An alignment of the planets. Recon it's a good time to sell my old 480s and 580s? I have 5 or 6 and they seem to be going for 3-400.

Back
Top Bottom