Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato

Looks like it is coming for PS+ in March. However you cannot upgrade it to the PS5 version.
3676383.jpg

Soldato
Seems fair enough to me. It's Squares biggest game in years and hasn't even been out for a year yet, getting it for free is enough for me. If they offer an upgrade + DLC option for £15 or something that would be ideal.
That is the correct response - we're getting the PS4 version. They have spent a lot of time on a PS5 version and have basically said "Listen, upgrade is free - but you've gotta have actually bought the PS4 version to qualify".
I'm sure there will be an upgrade path from the PS Plus version - maybe not.
Reading some of the Entitled posts over on Reddit & HUKD - amazing response from those who feel they deserve everything.

Associate
What is this Final Fantasy Remake Integrade malarky? Just a money grab?

Haven't read in depth, but looking at the trailer there is a native 4k mode, 60fps mode, better lighting effects, near instant loading times and extra character story parts.

Haven't played the remake, so I was looking forward to having this for free and playing the PS5 upgrade, so it's a little disappointing, but it's understandable why they've locked out the upgrade for the PS plus version.

Soldato
£60 for better graphics and a little bit of story?

The "game in installments" thing is going how I thought it would then :(

It's not £60.
Intergrade is for people who don't own remake that is an all in one version of remake on the PS5 that includes the Yuffie Episode.

Final Fantasy Remake on the PS4 will be upgraded for free to the PS5 version. eg: if you bought the digital version of remake on the PS4 you won't be able to purchase Intergrade due to the free upgrade eligibility on the PS store. If you bought the disc version it's also a free upgrade, but obv if you try to purchase a digital copy of Intergrade your account history won't show you own remake and let you purchase a second copy.

The Yuffie episode is the extra DLC. This can be purchased separately either after you upgrade remake to the PS5 version. The price for this hasn't been given to us so it's all speculative atm.

People are outright jumping to conclusions.

edited: Yuffie Episode is PS5 only as it hasn't been optimized for PS4. IGN incorrectly reported it was PS4 before Square clarified it wasn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering part 2 is PS5 only, and that this DLC was optimised for the PS5 too, I don't see the problem other than those who don't have a PS5, but then xBox and PC users lost out on the base game in April last year.
Im not fussed personally, I didn't know part 2 was ps5 only though, I feel that's harsh as ps4 players should be able to complete the entire remake imo

Soldato
Have they confirmed part 2 is PS5 only?

Im not fussed personally, I didn't know part 2 was ps5 only though, I feel that's harsh as ps4 players should be able to complete the entire remake imo

It hasn't been out right confirmed but it's widely accepted it will be. Given this DLC is PS5 only, it would be odd to release part 2 on the PS4. Recent interviews with the remake team have talked about the Haptic Feedback and how the coming DLC doesn't fully take advantage of it, but that part 2 will and a number of other technical advantages it'll have on the PS5.

Given how bad porting Cyberpunk 2077 was on the old gen consoles I'd rather they stick to latest gen consoles and PC.

Back
Top Bottom