Incorrectly badged car at main dealer

Man of Honour
OP
Very nice. We had an XC90 T6 on trial and it was just a very nice car all round.

Did you get a chance to have a good look at the boot/bumper etc?
Yes, had the boot floor up and had a good look from underneath while on the lift. It’s all original with no signs of any damage or replacement. My concern was that it had been rear ended but I’m pretty certain that’s not the case. There is not one blemish on the paintwork anywhere including the front so I’m thinking it may have been wrapped. It’s also possible the tail gate was opened under a low ceiling and sustained some damage that required removal of the badges to repair. I’ll never know for sure what happened but the car is straight which is all that matters really.

Man of Honour
OP
What options do you get for drive mode, slow and very slow:p.
The supercharged and turbocharged 2l engine puts out about 310hp so it can shift when required! The supercharger whine is a nice touch even though it seems completely out of place in the car. It has Comfort, Eco, Dynamic, and Off Road drive modes. I just keep it in comfort.

Soldato
I decontaminated the car on pickup That was the work of my fingers...:o

I’ve been looking at these ever since I saw your one, it’s the only estate car I like!

I wonder if you could answer a question for me, I can’t see to see anything online - does it have a sub boot floor with space for a spare/full size spare? :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I’ve been looking at these ever since I saw your one, it’s the only estate car I like!

I wonder if you could answer a question for me, I can’t see to see anything online - does it have a sub boot floor with space for a spare/full size spare? :)

Man of Honour
OP

The sub floor in the video posted above is a lot deeper than mine, I’m guessing because it doesn’t have a spare. Mine has a temp spare.
Y3joFMu.jpg

s5fmDnB.jpg

XCEaa7C.jpg

W9hqeid.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Short update on this. I’ve now had it long enough to get a few long journeys in, mostly with a trailer attached, and I’ve got to say it really is a great car.

Annoyances:
- Front wheels skip on full lock at low speed.
- Gearbox can be slow to react when trying to make progress. Polestar upgrade sorts this but it should have been like that from the factory.
- No front parking sensors. These should be standard on a car if this spec.
- A pheasant took out my front grille.
- Despite being almost as long as my LWB R Class, the passenger cabin is just ever so slightly too small.
- Lane keep assist is just a little too intrusive.

Good points:
- The engine is wonderful. Who knew a 2l 4-pot could be so flexible? Supercharger whine is a nice addition.
- Pilot assist is surprisingly effective at reducing fatigue on long runs.
- Off road capability is good. I have pulled a trailer across muddy fields with no hesitation whatsoever.
- It’s a very relaxing and smooth ride. Long journeys are much nicer than any other car I have owned.
- Seats are very comfortable. I have chronic pelvic pain and I can last about 90 mins in most cars before needing a walk. 3 hrs in the Volvo is no problem.
- The lights are portable suns on a hinge.

Overall I’m very happy with the car. It serves a niche market but if you have the requirements I highly recommend it. A proper versatile family wagon.
bwls1Si.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Front wheels skip on full lock at low speed.

Not sure if it is a thing on AWD on a vehicle like that but with 4WD/AWD, depending on diff setup, you can be forcing the wheel on the inside to turn faster than the ones on the outside resulting in it skipping - especially in off-road settings on firmer surfaces this can be bad.

Usually more of a thing with selectable 4WD though AFAIK than vehicles designed with permanent AWD.

Back
Top Bottom