Question regarding QDCs.

Associate
So I've got my stuff and I want to move it into my new itx case - nr200p. So I'm looking to have my 2 big 360 rads outside of the case, so I'll connect them to my case loop which will have 1 slim 240 rad and somehow lead my loop outside with 2 sets of QDCs. I've never used the QDCs so my question (this may seem stupid) - if I disconnect the QDC will that water still come out of them when I turn the loop back on?

I was going to have a T tap junction near where the QDCs lead outside of the case so when I need to disconnect the external rads I can still use the pc.

Associate
no they will block the flow of water you have 2 pieces to QDCs male and female.
If you orientate them so they are opposed on the 2 tubes, you can put the 2 together as well without the rads

Associate
OP
so i wont have to buy a spare set so i can connect them while the external rads are not connected to my loop and i can just leave them not connected with my loop running as long as the tap is oriented to allow the water to flow inside the case? i knew they needed to be connected to allow flow but i wasnt sure if they where strong enough to stop flow completely.

Associate
If you're using flexible tubing, you shouldn't need a spare set. I have 2 sets for the out and in run into my case, when I wasnt to work on the external rads, I unconnect them, and plug the 2 ends to form a mini loop for my system using the 1 rad in the case

Associate
OP
wow why i didnt think of that it makes so much sense but it also means a decent amount of tube coming out of my case to get them attached. if i can get away with not attaching them then i might just do that and have only the QDC sticking out a little bit. have to make holes for them aswell.

Back
Top Bottom