Recommend me a Colour Laser Printer

Associate
So budget will be about £200. Ideally small, but will go in the spare room/utility cupboard, and a scanner would also be good as well if possible at this price. I'm not that fussed on the scanner piece as I can always take a photo with my phone.

https://www.staples.co.uk/lexmark-c...VqejtCh2ykwqrEAQYBSABEgJxL_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.staples.co.uk/lexmark-m...VqejtCh2ykwqrEAQYDyABEgIOFfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm thinking Lexmark or Brother. I've had issues with HP in the past, so kind of puts me off.

I've also had an alert set on HUKD for the past few weeks, but nothings really fired.

Associate
I have a Brother MFC-L3750CDW. I've been delighted with it, great quality machine and completely reliable.

I paid £223 for it back in March 2019 when it was a new model.

https://www.brother.co.uk/printers/laser-printers/mfc-l3750cdw

Strangely it seems to be more expensive now! I'm guessing all the working from home may have increased demand for laser printers and pushed prices up?

Anyhow, you won't go wrong with a Brother and the cost of their toner is relatively reasonable compared to others too.

Soldato
Printer prices all shot up in the last year. Horribly my Samsung SCx3405w just broke down. It lost its wireless and it has some funny issue with USB connection unless I connect to USB3 or USB2 ports not the newer 3.1 or 3.2 ports which are entirely on the back of my PC and only 3.0 on the front of my case.

So I am in market for a decent all in one colour laser with auto duplex & ADF similar budget to OP

Associate
OP
@pc-guy I know various people including myself that have had items stopping working with the wifi, tv's and printers.

Short answer, is to switch off the 5ghz band on your router.

Associate
OP
Just an update, but I went with a Brother 3270cdw printer in the end. Toners with a 3000 print capacity for under £20 was the ice breaker. Lexmark replacement toners appear to be expensive. I have cash back due on my credit card shortly, and work will cover half, so technically its free.

Soldato
Just an update, but I went with a Brother 3270cdw printer in the end. Toners with a 3000 print capacity for under £20 was the ice breaker. Lexmark replacement toners appear to be expensive. I have cash back due on my credit card shortly, and work will cover half, so technically its free.
Where did you get it and how much did you pay out of interest?

Soldato
We’ve just bought a Lexmark MC3324dwe, so can update with how it turns out. £200 and has a flat bed scanner and automatic duplex printing. Next best I could see was an HP at around £230 which had a document feeder scanner but manual duplex printing.

We were getting fed up of our inkjet drying out. The print heads are now irretrievably blocked. We print occasionally (and never photos really) so figured laser would be more reliable. Lexmark toner seemed to be about the same as HP from a casual glance. To be honest it’s not far off the price of our inkjet to replace the toner and that’s without factoring in throwing away cartridges after a few pages because of our usage patterns.

Associate
OP
Good luck with your Lexmark Tom. I use them at work and never had a fault with one. The only reason I didnt get one was the replacement toners seemed more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom