Don
Yep, the 5 seats just won't cut it.

I've narrowed down to the following list

- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Nissan X-Trail
- Peugeot 5008
- BMW 2 series
- Hyundai Santa Fe

I say narrow, there aren't that many examples for my budget of £20k and I want no older than 2018 ideally, I really want to avoid the van looking jobbies (Citroen, Ford etc - the 2 series is borderline)

Anyone else with any suggestions or can comment on the above that they've owned/driven?

Cheers

Soldato
Well, the 2 series is out if you don’t want the van look!

In all seriousness, buy a van. Get something that will not reward or encourage spirited driving and that you won’t mind if it picks up car park dings and haribo in the air vents.

Soldato
I've had a few. Zafira, Citroen, MK1 & II S-Max. Tried a bunch recently before getting a Seat Tarraco, 190PS DSG 4motion. Same chassis as the VW Tiguan Allspace with good specs for the money compared to the other derivatives. Very sure-footed, brilliant gearbox.

Soldato
Kodiaq? Mine gets delivered next Friday :) Friend has an X-Trail which is nice but I prefer the Kodiaq over it. Generally get more for your money from what I can tell.

Soldato
Kia Sorento? (although essentially the same car as the Santa Fe). Pleased with ours, and it's our second, although we've only used all seven seats occasionally for lifts etc.

Soldato
I've got the tarraco with a kodiaq coming in May.

The 2 x 7 seats in the back are not very comfortable, especially over a long journey, but the vehicle itself is awesome - loads of kit and nice to drive.

There is an offer on at the minute for a kodiaq, might be worth stretching the budget for new as you will get full warranty etc

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sk...share&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3674405

Associate
If you need full size seats in the rear then really only the Alhambra/Sharan are in the budget. I've has XC90, Alhambra and presently a Q7 as our 7 seaters and the Alhambra was easily the most practical and comfortable for 7 as the rear seats are full sized and the sliding doors make entry and exit really simple. However, they do not drive as nicely as the Q7 but the Q7 was twice the price of our Alhambra Xcellence.

The Kodiaq is a good car as is the Tiguan Allspace/Terraco but, as already said above, the rear seats don't really cut it for anyone over the age oaf 12 for long journeys.

Associate
What @gailjon says is definitely true of the kodiaq as well. We got the 7 seats so we could take my wife's parents out without needing two cars. Kids go in the seats at the back, but full size adults wouldn't enjoy that for long journeys.

Obviously thanks to corona we've not taken them out for some time!

Soldato
I spent a long time looking at the beginning of last year for one on a budget of around 4k, smax seemed to be the one everyone wanted but they were over priced and finding an example that wasn't dented on every panel was impossible. In the end I settled on an 5008 (2011) with 85k on the clock.
Seriously underrated car I think. The one I have is full of handy stuff, seats 7 easily and converts quickly and simply between formats and its massive with everything folded down. When your driving it it just feels like a car and with a pano roof, climate control, cruise and screens in the back wired up to an android media player we all travel happy. The only complaint I have about it is lack of cup holders!

Soldato
An other recommendations for an s-max, going by friends with one. But it's all down to the correct engine and trim level.

Couple of years older could get a disco sport, but the back seats are a occasional use 7seater.

Soldato
The Kodiaq is not doing it for me. I have nailed it down to either the Nissan X-Trail or Peugeot 5008.

What's up with the Kodiaq?! I take delivery in Apr/May for mine.

Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Sport Line DSG - 8k miles, £846.96 upfront (3m) + £282.32 x 35 months + £198 admin = £10,927.16 @ Leasing Options - now gone up to £353 per month.

5008 looks nice, not sure on the x-trail -different size/class?

I went for the Kodiaq because of the Skoda reliability and more bang for buck.

Back
Top Bottom