• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Return of the 1050ti

Soldato
doomed if you cant wait a couple of months, the 2080ti was easy to get after a couple of months, the 3000 series just seems worse because corona, people have 0 patience, amazes me that people are so desperate to upgrade from a 2080 or better, its like a new series comes out and everyone thinks the current card they have is ****, then when they have the new card they go back too playing games that run on a potato anyway lmao

Things aren't going to get better in a couple of months. Until Bitcoin peaks, demand from the mining market will be huge. Basically infinite for certain cards. In 2017/18 it took nine months from Bitcoin's peak to when supply recovered. And BTC is still rising right now.

The 2080 Ti launched in completely different circumstances; BTC peaked nine months before the card launched, crypto prices were low, and the 2080 Ti wasn't a great mining card (price/perf). The two months of shortages were caused primarily by gaming demand.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's next year before GPUs are readily available TBH. If BTC prices fell today, and trends followed 2018, it would be November/December by the time stock is readily available. Not great if your card happens to break (worse if you need it for work, rather than just for gaming).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Everyone should be buying PS5/PS4s at the moment rather than getting into PC gaming, it's a total mess.

1080tis shouldn't even be worth that.

Soldato
They're a good little card the 1050ti. I like that they don't need a dedicated power cable. Well...the one I had didn't. Ran quite cool and fairly low power too.

Soldato
Put a 1050ti in my son's computer a while ago, and it runs everything he needs at a decent frame rate. I was amazed that it didn't require any additional power, unlike the 560 it replaced.

Soldato
I dunno, the 1080ti is a very capable card, which performs around the level of the 3060Ti (RRP £369). £200 or £230 or whatever it is would be a good price for a 1080ti even if there was no stock shortage on new cards IMO.

3060 is faster than a 1080ti so 3060ti is more even to a 2080 Super

Somebody is selling a 1080ti near me for £340 on FB Marketplace, i'm tempted to buy it to sell on eBay for some quick profit :D

Back
Top Bottom