BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Cheeky they dropped the DVD slot from the LCI G30. Not that I've ever used mine,but it does feel like they are pinching pennies with it. Looks weird with the place for the slot just being blank.

Associate
No cassette player either.

Wait until you learn BMW stopped offering a MiniDisc option!

Yeah yeah .. dinosaur and all that... But no one misses those because they have been superseded by more modern and convenient equivalents. However, the outcome is still the same; you still get to listen to your music.

So is there a more modern and convenient way to watch videos on infotainment screens in newer cars? Can you now play video on the infotainment screen direct from sd, usb or from phone? If so then less concerned about missing a dvd drive.

Man of Honour
It's about the bottom of most peoples priority list. You can't officially or legally watch dvds on the front screen when the car is being used anyway, so if you're looking to provide entertainment to rear seat passengers you need a separate system.

So DVD playing on the infotainment screen has always been a fairly pointless niche.

Soldato
It's about the bottom of most peoples priority list. You can't officially or legally watch dvds on the front screen when the car is being used anyway, so if you're looking to provide entertainment to rear seat passengers you need a separate system.

So DVD playing on the infotainment screen has always been a fairly pointless niche.

I don't know. There seems to be a huge demand for coding video in motion on BMW's. Never fathomed why tbh.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yeah yeah .. dinosaur and all that... But no one misses those because they have been superseded by more modern and convenient equivalents. However, the outcome is still the same; you still get to listen to your music.

So is there a more modern and convenient way to watch videos on infotainment screens in newer cars? Can you now play video on the infotainment screen direct from sd, usb or from phone? If so then less concerned about missing a dvd drive.
Hehe, sorry.
I was cleaning the inside of the family wagon last weekend and discovered I had 2 CDs in the CD changer. I had totally forgotten my A6 even had a 6-disc changer, let alone the fact there were CDs in there. Or indeed the iPod Touch cable next to it in the glovebox!
It’s all about the wireless these days..

Soldato
I really want my next car to be not a BMW but I am so used to them now, having had them for the last 10 years. Being able to play a DVD on the iDrive to keep the children quiet is really underrated. I've looked at other marques ICE to see if they also offer this but can't find anything concrete i.e. Porsche, Jag, Mercedes, Audi, etc.
The previous gen XF certainly had DVD/Video functionality.

Soldato

\/
also had dual view so the passenger could see the screen whilst driver had the map etc. Quite clever.

I don't know. There seems to be a huge demand for coding video in motion on BMW's. Never fathomed why tbh.
And on VWs. Some moron on my FB promotes it and supplies a USB with loads of music videos on as the deal sweetener.

Soldato
E92 M3 gone, replaced with..

hlGFAId.jpg

toAzIFX.jpg

hHmBxPL.jpg

It's a 65 plate with 48k on the clock, DCT, HK audio, rear camera, probably a couple more I've forgotten.

Feels really good to drive on the journey back, Really nice power delivery.. So much different to my E92 where you had to ring its neck to get the power out of it.

Sound is ok, obviously fake but I can live with it for now (It was never gonna howl like the S65 :( )

I'll likely look at getting the M performance rear diffuser soon and either 763m or 666m wheels.
I wasn't keen on the black 437m wheels it has but they've grown on me a bit now so will wait and see.

Man of Honour
It looks like an excellent example with a great spec.

The 3 year warranty is interesting - be good to know what happened there as I always thought 2 years was the max you could get as an AUC.

Back
Top Bottom