** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Hey All - Thinking of getting this monitor - would you all recommend it? In seeing some posts about issues (scanlines and popping) but hard to tell how annoying it will be without experiencing it.

Also my desk to only 60cm deep. Is that likely to be an issue, as I've heard the stand is quite deep and also the curve quite aggressive
I`ve had my G9 ( August model) since October. No issues at all- by coincidence Nvidia`s hotfix for 30 series graphics cards was released the same day my monitor arrived
so no problem with 240hz on my 3080. I am sorry that other people on this forum have had bad experiences with build quality. I`m delighted with mine

Associate
I`ve had my G9 ( August model) since October. No issues at all- by coincidence Nvidia`s hotfix for 30 series graphics cards was released the same day my monitor arrived
so no problem with 240hz on my 3080. I am sorry that other people on this forum have had bad experiences with build quality. I`m delighted with mine
Same here - mine is a Dec build and the build quality is much better than the one I previously had last summer (and returned) - the only issue it has is the slight popping sound it makes when first turned on but its not a big deal at all.

Associate
There are specific images that will make your entire screen go scanlined such as the ones below. The last two only happen when Chrome is maximised for me.

https://imgur.com/wkZjUpc

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SHh5ZmN0dmNlSTZ1Y2xkc1lqa0wtWjI3b0tmN1dR

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/02...-q=50&q=92&s=0d153a1f5b7af1a570f2128d92a0a508

Argh, that last one does it! Is it classed as a fault or just a quirk of every unit? This is on a Odyssey G7. Overall I'm, happy with it but if there are units out there without this flickering (far worse in the RDR2 benchmark) then I'd prefer to get it replaced for one if possible.

Associate
The only issue with running at a lower res is seeing the unused screen space either side and wanting to fill it. :D

I have a laptop with a 2070 Max-Q (slower than a normal 2070) and it struggles to push MSFS2020 at native res on medium/high settings. I probably get about 30fps although I've not tried going to a city like London so probably more like 15fps there. :D

I can't bring myself to not use the whole screen (maybe because it's a new toy) but I don't see why it would be an issue at all other than the black bars either side like you say.

Thank you for the reply. Would you mind checking if the HDR setting in FS2020 remains available if you run it at 3440x1440? I read online about someone complaining that he couldn’t run HDR in anything other than the native res. I would like to enable HDR in FS2020, although I don’t think I’ll be able to run native res at ultra until I get a next gen GPU next year. As you say though, I may well end up dropping settings to fill it! Flight sims are so demanding! Thank you again

Associate
Had a nightmare with my repair so far. So they sent that big flight case, but the delivery drivers couldn't fit it in (they honestly should have been able to, but they clearly had no idea what they were doing). They asked if I had a different box and I said I had the original but no packing, which they said that's fine, we'll use the packing we have. I just let them do their job as one wasn't wearing a mask properly and had definitely been smoking weed as he stunk of it.

Got an email saying that the monitor had arrived damaged (cracked screen, all the back was smashed up) and I'd have to pay £700 for the repair as their warranty does not include damage.

Thankfully after talking to Samsung they've agreed that it was not my fault and they're continuing with the repair as planned at no charge and making a claim with Panther who delivered it. Stressful couple days tbh, definitely couldn't afford to fork out an additional £700 for the monitor atm, especially for something that wasn't my fault. Definitely regretting sending it off for repair tbh lol.

Honestly they really had no idea what they were doing. They tried putting it in the flight case with it still upright, instead of laying it flat. After we told them to lay it flat they couldn't get it in still. And then after I gave them the original box and they packed it up, they tried to put that in the flight case while it was in the original box... Like seriously, if it didn't fit originally why would it fit inside a big massive box.

Associate
Dan, you are clearly having a bad time with this. My advice would be to try to use this latest failure on their side as a reason to request a new replacement instead of repair.
I looked through your posts in this thread and it looks like you purchased directly from Samsung and this was your second G9. Is that true? If so it does suggest that buying direct might not be the best move?

Soldato
Had a nightmare with my repair so far. So they sent that big flight case, but the delivery drivers couldn't fit it in (they honestly should have been able to, but they clearly had no idea what they were doing). They asked if I had a different box and I said I had the original but no packing, which they said that's fine, we'll use the packing we have. I just let them do their job as one wasn't wearing a mask properly and had definitely been smoking weed as he stunk of it.

Got an email saying that the monitor had arrived damaged (cracked screen, all the back was smashed up) and I'd have to pay £700 for the repair as their warranty does not include damage.

Thankfully after talking to Samsung they've agreed that it was not my fault and they're continuing with the repair as planned at no charge and making a claim with Panther who delivered it. Stressful couple days tbh, definitely couldn't afford to fork out an additional £700 for the monitor atm, especially for something that wasn't my fault. Definitely regretting sending it off for repair tbh lol.

Honestly they really had no idea what they were doing. They tried putting it in the flight case with it still upright, instead of laying it flat. After we told them to lay it flat they couldn't get it in still. And then after I gave them the original box and they packed it up, they tried to put that in the flight case while it was in the original box... Like seriously, if it didn't fit originally why would it fit inside a big massive box.

Panther are terrible. Once had some furniture delivered by them and they scraped the walls all the way from downstairs to upstairs. Ended up getting a settlement from them for about £2000 for redecorating!

Associate
Is anyone able to recommend a monitor arm for the G9, I need to recover some desk space and have some vertical adjustment.

I'm not looking for anything such as amazon basics and making a clamp, I know this is a viable option but I don't have time to spend on it unfortunately.

Ergotron HX with the heavy duty bracket is the only thing i've found so far but that's $$$$

Associate
Panther are terrible. Once had some furniture delivered by them and they scraped the walls all the way from downstairs to upstairs. Ended up getting a settlement from them for about £2000 for redecorating!

Yeah, not really sure why they moved away from DPD. I guess Panther are cheaper? Ah well, just glad they didn't try and find some loophole to try and get me to pay. Felt like I had wasted a grand on a monitor yesterday, but the woman I spoke to on the phone was very helpful so I appreciate her help.

I assume they're going to have to order parts so the repair will take longer than I would have liked, but after this scare I just want the thing back lol. I can't stand playing on my old 4K 60hz monitor, it feels like there significant input delay or something compared to the G9. I guess my first high refresh rate experience has spoiled me over the last few months.

Associate
Is anyone able to recommend a monitor arm for the G9, I need to recover some desk space and have some vertical adjustment.

I'm not looking for anything such as amazon basics and making a clamp, I know this is a viable option but I don't have time to spend on it unfortunately.

Ergotron HX with the heavy duty bracket is the only thing i've found so far but that's $$$$

Same situation although I completely missed the HX. Had I spent more time researching I wish I had bit the bullet! Its expensive, but if it does the job.

Instead I purchased an Ergotron MX. Whilst it lasted a couple of weeks, the hinge/bracket holding the screen gave up causing the screen to droop. Tried to tighten but knew its a losing battle. The arm clamped to the desk and height was rock solid, the angle of the screen was what gave up.

Since reverted back to the original stand and now looking for a replacement. I think the HX is the only option for 49" and one I am going to go with as it does reclaim space. The MX will be resigned for another screen.

Associate
So thinking about getting the 32" G7
Have samsung addressed all the issues with flickering?
Wanted the new acer predator, but they are still not available and have no date. How would you guys rate your samsung G7s?

Associate
We are moving house tomorrow, one of the biggest issues isn't the three piece, the king size bed etc it's my G9

Have the original packaging and I am trying to balance the risk of either just carrying it to my car unboxed or trying to squeeze it back into the original box.

Not sure which option scares me the most to be honest.

Wish me luck!

Associate
So thinking about getting the 32" G7
Have samsung addressed all the issues with flickering?
Wanted the new acer predator, but they are still not available and have no date. How would you guys rate your samsung G7s?

wish I could help mines still in a box lol not set it up waiting until I can get hold of an Xbox series x to use it on

Associate
I had my heart set on, Acer Predator XB323U GX 32" IPS Panel 270hz

The only reason I held off from the Samsung is all the flickering problems people seem to be having, also not sure if I would like the curve?
No flickering issues on mine and the curve is actually fine. Hardly even notice it - it's a great monitor

Back
Top Bottom