• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's not the same difference at all. If a product is out of stock then you land on the product page with an out of stock notification and the buy button removed. It's unusual for out of stock items to redirect to a different product.
Some other sites do similar at the moment if you search for xbox or PS5 consoles. Some don't even show a product page for them.

Soldato
Some do. Mainly third party games, and games with licensed music (as the licenses expire). Shadow of the Damned left the service a few weeks ago.

No Star Wars games have left the service yet. So chances are, Fallen Order will be there for the long haul.
Ah yeah, nice thanks. If forgotten about the licensed music thing. It's crazy that music can affect the availability of games... bloody music industry tainting the games industry with its stink; the games industry has enough of its own!! :D

But yeah, still bodes well for Jedi... I'm assuming I can get an SX before the end of next year at least :D

Soldato
Ah yeah, nice thanks. If forgotten about the licensed music thing. It's crazy that music can affect the availability of games... bloody music industry tainting the games industry with its stink; the games industry has enough of its own!! :D

But yeah, still bodes well for Jedi... I'm assuming I can get an SX before the end of next year at least :D

Music is the reason why we can't have Midnight Club on BC :(

Soldato
When will we see 4K monitors that can hit the 120hz on Xbox? Are they in the works?

I have an lg55 c9 that does it but want a monitor too for the bedroom
What modern games are you expecting on xbox to be 4k 120? Just dont see the point until next gen or the inevitable year 3 half way gap release.
A 3090 can barely keep that up at max fidelity with modern games.

Man of Honour
What modern games are you expecting on xbox to be 4k 120? Just dont see the point until next gen or the inevitable year 3 half way gap release.
A 3090 can barely keep that up at max fidelity with modern games.

Quite a few indies will, but those titles really don’t benefit from the jump to 4K from 1440p.

Associate
Hi peeps maybe you could help. I was trying to place an order for the X with All Access on the Game site the other day.

The site kept crashing during the process and somehow I now have two on order.

Game seem to be totally unresponsive to the webform, Twitter and Facebook chat channels and my attempts to cancel.

On looking on Facebook now I can see their page is riddled with complaints of poor customer service and zero response or refund for weeks or months on end.

Assuming I do indeed receive two are there any issues selling on a device with all access if it’s not been opened? I’d honestly rather just cancel/return it and not have to deal with paying the finance off but doesn’t seem like a simple process at the moment.

Soldato
Hi peeps maybe you could help. I was trying to place an order for the X with All Access on the Game site the other day.

The site kept crashing during the process and somehow I now have two on order.

Game seem to be totally unresponsive to the webform, Twitter and Facebook chat channels and my attempts to cancel.

On looking on Facebook now I can see their page is riddled with complaints of poor customer service and zero response or refund for weeks or months on end.

Assuming I do indeed receive two are there any issues selling on a device with all access if it’s not been opened? I’d honestly rather just cancel/return it and not have to deal with paying the finance off but doesn’t seem like a simple process at the moment.

If you're getting it through All Access then you don't own the console until the finance is settled at the end of the contract. Keep chasing Game support to confirm you do indeed have two orders as you'll also have two finance agreements if that is the case.

Associate
If you're getting it through All Access then you don't own the console until the finance is settled at the end of the contract. Keep chasing Game support to confirm you do indeed have two orders as you'll also have two finance agreements if that is the case.

I can see this turning into a real headache.

I have what appears to be two separate finance agreements:(

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see this turning into a real headache.

I have what appears to be two separate finance agreements:(

I forget who the finance is with for All Access but you will be able to cancel the unwanted agreement as they should have a cooling off period within which it can be cancelled. If you contact the finance company before getting in touch with Game, try and make sure that you keep track of which reference numbers are for which orders/agreements. You should still be able to keep an order in place as long as you have a valid agreement. Good luck though.

Soldato
Just had my first crash playing Jedi Fallen Order, full screen and sound lock up and dropped to Home screen.

Launched again fine straight after. Is this a common occurrence or a rarity?

@kevlar69 thanks for the heads up, wanted to play control next but also wanted to wait for the issues I've read about to be ironed out. Is there performance and quality modes and which are you using?

One thing I'm struggling to get my head around is performance mode, quality mode in game, and then the actual settings for example I've switch off 4k and set 1440p 120 with vrr enabled but when you're in a game there isn't an option for 1440p so no idea which resolution or frame rate it's running at!

Associate
Just had my first crash playing Jedi Fallen Order, full screen and sound lock up and dropped to Home screen.

@kevlar69 thanks for the heads up, wanted to play control next but also wanted to wait for the issues I've read about to be ironed out. Is there performance and quality modes and which are you using?

One thing I'm struggling to get my head around is performance mode, quality mode in game, and then the actual settings for example I've switch off 4k and set 1440p 120 with vrr enabled but when you're in a game there isn't an option for 1440p so no idea which resolution or frame rate it's running at!
Performance mode all the way for me. Sure the Ray traced reflections look awesome in screenshots in quality mode but it moves like ****, my eyes hurt!

Soldato

Happened to me maybe 4-5 times since getting my console at the end of December.

It seems to happen more than my PS4 which was honestly 4-5 in many years but it's probably because the consoles are so new.

Caporegime
I forget who the finance is with for All Access but you will be able to cancel the unwanted agreement as they should have a cooling off period within which it can be cancelled. If you contact the finance company before getting in touch with Game, try and make sure that you keep track of which reference numbers are for which orders/agreements. You should still be able to keep an order in place as long as you have a valid agreement. Good luck though.
It’s Klarna iirc.

Associate
I guess I'm waiting until Christmas for Microsoft to actually have stock themselves. I will only buy one directly so I can get the 3 year warranty as I've never been that impressed by the build quality on MS console hardware/accessories.

Back
Top Bottom