What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
VR is dead.
The games are far below standard. There are early access games (demo) buggy and unpolished, charging £30. Even the big titles are seriously overrated and hyped and charging big money.

Sure, there are a tiny fewer good ones like, Project Cars, Asseto corsa, Robo recall, Medal of honor, Half Life Alex, Arisona Sunshine and Rogue Squadron.

But the **** games are too many!Hundreds of **** games and experiences.

Oculus/Facebook is also now concerned with selling all its members accounts for cash and linking then to Facebook, plus removing Marvel Powers from the oculus store, even when you pay for a game you don't own it! You're technically loaning it from Facebook.

LOL

It's about the only appropriate reply to this post.

Permabanned
Just a quick Google search shows vr sales of tech and games is growing year on year.

With all due respect. I'm just frustrated with VR , since I bought the rift 2years ago. I really enjoyed some games , but they are just a hand full, from almost a thousand games. I love VR, but just frustrated with the cash grabbing experiences and lack of content.3 years down the line.

I liked half life Alyx, but even Medal of honour was a let down in my opinion, but I still enjoyed parts of it but for £50 , that's just way too pricey.

Again with all due respect, I would be very reluctant to invest in another VR machine , or I would be extremely cautious, because I feel let down that's all.

More solid AAA titles like half life Alyx need releasing each year! No cash grabs as well.

Associate
With all due respect. I'm just frustrated with VR , since I bought the rift 2years ago. I really enjoyed some games , but they are just a hand full, from almost a thousand games. I love VR, but just frustrated with the cash grabbing experiences and lack of content.3 years down the line.

I liked half life Alyx, but even Medal of honour was a let down in my opinion, but I still enjoyed parts of it but for £50 , that's just way too pricey.

Again with all due respect, I would be very reluctant to invest in another VR machine , or I would be extremely cautious, because I feel let down that's all.

More solid AAA titles like half life Alyx need releasing each year! No cash grabs as well.

I can understand your frustration, I agree that much of the vr content is pap but there are some gems coming through each year. i've been involved with vr since i bought a dk2 in 2015, the only thing decent around then was elite dangerous and half life. when i read your initial post i googled "VR sales year on year" and trust me its a growing market, you can check for yourself, but yes its still a niche.

the thing is, some of what we call rubbish, others like, its horses for courses etc. ive really liked elite dangerous, half life, onward, fallout 4 vr, skyrim vr, alien isolation, alyx, asetto corsa, project cars 2, maybe a couple of others i cant remember, in 6 years out of the 1000s of titles made but then again i havent tried many others simply because i dont like the sound of them. but i still love vr and think it will grow, the new ps5 will be adopting it. we all love gaming and if vr grows we all benefit i think.

Permabanned
I can understand your frustration, I agree that much of the vr content is pap but there are some gems coming through each year. i've been involved with vr since i bought a dk2 in 2015, the only thing decent around then was elite dangerous and half life. when i read your initial post i googled "VR sales year on year" and trust me its a growing market, you can check for yourself, but yes its still a niche.

the thing is, some of what we call rubbish, others like, its horses for courses etc. ive really liked elite dangerous, half life, onward, fallout 4 vr, skyrim vr, alien isolation, alyx, asetto corsa, project cars 2, maybe a couple of others i cant remember, in 6 years out of the 1000s of titles made but then again i havent tried many others simply because i dont like the sound of them. but i still love vr and think it will grow, the new ps5 will be adopting it. we all love gaming and if vr grows we all benefit i think.

I like your optimisim, and honestly hope we can have a great VR platform. I love VR , that's why I went out and purchased a VR headset for £350 and Powerful laptop to run is costing £thoussnd£ for the laptop. I like VR and supported the devs by buying games from the store.

But, yet feel let down as I just think it's getting geared to light gamers and there is too much opportunity for cash grabs Open Access games that have been in Open Access state for 3 years and the devs are making millions from it ( basically making millions for a demo game with promise of it being fully released).

Then you have the blatant short cash grabs like Starwars Vader immortal I , II and III. Three separate games that last 45minutes each (big disappointment). I felt really let down because I like star wars and was hoping for far more. With VR I'm always saying , wow, there is so much potential for years but it's rarely comes together. I can say I have like 8 or 9 games installed since 2years and most of the new ones just don't cut it for the price tag, even if they were free, I wouldn't waste my time with them.

I know they released new headsets like the Oculus Quest and so on, but they are not even a significant improvement over the original rift. I think only the non rift versions have a slightly higher resolution and come at a hefty price tag.

I bought the Marvels Power Oculus Rift Edition and was so happy! I went 30miles to find that edition and got the last one 2 years ago :) Now I find out that Facebook are cancelling the server and will remove it from the store because they own every game on user accounts as their policy states we only rent them, so they can go ahead. The games servers were already dead but I still like the weaker Single player mode.

So, I genuinely hope it gets better ,and in 2021 we get at least 3 AAA games on Half-life Alyx's standard which is just going to be impossible tbh.

Last edited:
Permabanned
They're canceling the game because they've lost the licensing rights.

For many of us unlucky Oculus Rift Marvels Power Edition owners, we went out and purchased the Oculus rift because of this game and did not get the Vive ( at least myself). They never said that 2 years down the line they would just remove the game from the store, and they knew that they had a temporary licence. For them, it's just sell as much as possible (Cash grab) and f the customer.

Now I'm left with an Oculus Rift Marvel Edition without the game even existing. A £60 game at the time just taken away from me. You see if I get another headset it would never be an oculus rift because of this.

Soldato
For many of us unlucky Oculus Rift Marvels Power Edition owners, we went out and purchased the Oculus rift because of this game and did not get the Vive ( at least myself). They never said that 2 years down the line they would just remove the game from the store, and they knew that they had a temporary licence. For them, it's just sell as much as possible (Cash grab) and f the customer.

Now I'm left with an Oculus Rift Marvel Edition without the game even existing. A £60 game at the time just taken away from me. You see if I get another headset it would never be an oculus rift because of this.

If you are that big of a fan of the game and you bought the Rift just for this game, then you would have bought the Marvel Unlimited bundle. The game was free when you got that bundle.

Second, you didn't have to buy a Rift, you could have easily bought a HTC Vive and used revive.

The game wasn't very good and not as popular as you are making it out to be. It was very repetitive and player numbers were extremely low. It was practically dead for the last year. It wasn't very good at all, and the developer had all but abandoned it.

I bought the Marvels Power Oculus Rift Edition and was so happy! I went 30miles to find that edition and got the last one 2 years ago :) Now I find out that Facebook are cancelling the server and will remove it from the store because they own every game on user accounts as their policy states we only rent them, so they can go ahead. The games servers were already dead but I still like the weaker Single player mode.

So, you did buy the Bundle, that means you didn't pay £60 for the game, you got it free along with Robo Recall, Dead and Buried, Toys Box, Lucky's Tale, Quill and Medium.

You should read the terms and agreements for any digital game you buy, You will be in for a surprise. You don't own any digital game you buy, you only license them.

And there was no single player game, it was multiplayer on the server with bots instead of other players. Without a server it is impossible to play either Single or Multiplayer.

Soldato
I know they released new headsets like the Oculus Quest and so on, but they are not even a significant improvement over the original rift. I think only the non rift versions have a slightly higher resolution and come at a hefty price tag.

You have talked nothing but nonsense in this thread. The Oculus Quest and Quest 2 didn't have a hefty price tag. They both came in cheaper than the Original Rift.

Soldato
Oculus also refunded many people who had bought the Marvel Powers game. I'm not aware of any other publishers doing that.

VR has never been in a better state. Valve is selling it's Indexes as fast as it can make them, and that's a high-end headset. Quest 2's are selling very well, and developers on that platform are making more money than ever. HP's Reverb G2 is taking over the high-end sim market.

The only downsides I see at the moment are a lack of new AAA PC games coming out now that Oculus has pivoted to Quest away from PC, and the graphics card shortage making PC VR even more expensive (though that may help portable headset adoption).

The games situation could be mitigated by having some more high-quality VR conversions. Games like Skyrim VR, L.A. Noire the VR case files, and others show that 2D games can make great VR experiences. In the case of Skyrim VR, with mods you now have a game that feels designed for VR, and which has hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Associate
I’ve started the ball rolling with setting up Skyrim VR again, updating my Nexus account to premium. I’ve played 2D version 140+ hours and quite a few with a new character in VR. I installed various hi-res texture mods for VR before but now with Quest 2 and better PC want to try with a complete mod list thing.

Soldato
I’ve started the ball rolling with setting up Skyrim VR again, updating my Nexus account to premium. I’ve played 2D version 140+ hours and quite a few with a new character in VR. I installed various hi-res texture mods for VR before but now with Quest 2 and better PC want to try with a complete mod list thing.

It's really good when it's modded. It makes a massive difference to the game. I use this list.

The Lightweight Lazy List - An Incremental Modding Guide - Google Docs

But, I know Ravenger uses a different list that's easier to install. Just google Wabbajack Skyrim VR.

Permabanned
You have talked nothing but nonsense in this thread. The Oculus Quest and Quest 2 didn't have a hefty price tag. They both came in cheaper than the Original Rift.

Your the one who has talked nothing but nonsense in this thread. Claiming the game I got with the rift is right to be taken from me. Its my money I paid for that package being deceived and my expectation is that I owned the game and package I paid for.

Who goes and buys a console and asks to read the terms and conditions before you pay for it in the shops. You see I'm glad that this will wake people up to the reality of these con companies. Getting us to pay for digital games and you don't even own it. They can wake up one day and cancel your game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Your the one who has talked nothing but nonsense in this thread. Claiming the game I got with the rift is right to be taken from me. Its my money I paid for that package being deceived and my expectation is that I owned the game and package I paid for.

See, more nonsense. I never said that the game had a right to be taken from you. I said you didn't pay £60 for it, you got it free as part of the Oculus Rift Bundle. And I also gave you the reason why it wasn't possible for it to continue as a single player game. And lastly, I also explained that if you buy a game digitally from Oculus, Viveport, Steam, Xbox whereever, you don't actually own the game. They can take back the license at anytime.

Permabanned
See, more nonsense. I never said that the game had a right to be taken from you. I said you didn't pay £60 for it, you got it free as part of the Oculus Rift Bundle. And I also gave you the reason why it wasn't possible for it to continue as a single player game. And lastly, I also explained that if you buy a game digitally from Oculus, Viveport, Steam, Xbox whereever, you don't actually own the game. They can take back the license at anytime.

Yes big bully.Go and bully someone else,

Soldato
However you mod the game there are several absolutely essential mods for Skyrim VR which turn it into a fully-fledged VR game. This is on top of other quality of life improvements like SkyUI which also work for the 2D version.

The first is VRIK, which adds full body presence, including IK arms. It also adds various configurable holsters for weapons and other items, and allows casting with gestures.

Secondly Higgs VR, which requires VRIK. It adds full hand presence, and HL Alyx style gravity glove pickup mechanics. With Higgs you can now pick up and hold almost any physics object in the game naturally, and also directly grab armour off dead foes directly. You can throw things, and hit objects with your hands. Placing objects to display in your Skyrim home(s) is now much easier. It's a million times better than vanilla Skyrim VR.

Thirdly, Dragonborn Speaks Naturally. This is a speech recognition mod which allows you to speak your dialogue responses, and also adds voice commands so you can do nearly anything by speaking. I use it for equipping spells and opening menus. You can even use it to perform dragon shouts.

Last edited:
Soldato
However you mod the game there are several absolutely essential mods for Skyrim VR which turn it into a fully-fledged VR game. This is on top of other quality of life improvements like SkyUI which also work for the 2D version.

The first is VRIK, which adds full body presence, including IK arms. It also adds various configurable holsters for weapons and other items, and allows casting with gestures.

Secondly Higgs VR, which requires VRIK. It adds full hand presence, and HL Alyx style gravity glove pickup mechanics. With Higgs you can now pick up and hold almost any physics object in the game naturally, and also directly grab armour off dead foes directly. You can throw things, and hit objects with your hands. Placing objects to display in your Skyrim home(s) is now much easier. It's a million times better than vanilla Skyrim VR.

Thirdly, Dragonborn Speaks Naturally. This is a speech recognition mod which allows you to speak your dialogue responses, and also adds voice commands so you can do nearly anything by speaking. I use it for equipping spells and opening menus. You can even use it to perform dragon shouts.

Were you supposed to reply to Andy D? I have already modded my Skyrim. I was just suggesting lists for him as he wants to do a full set of mods.

Associate
I’m trying the Ultimate VR Essentials list downloaded using wabbajack tool. It failed after an hour or 2 last night with one of the mods and again this morning at first. The download then completed ok on third time so ready to start transferring to game directory. Watching the descriptions of the mods appear during the download process some look really interesting

Back
Top Bottom