Spec me a CCTV System

Soldato
Hi,

I'm a little bit off topic so please bear with me.
I got 3 Bosch Divar AN 3000 (hybrid DVR). All in bad shape (fan broken, etc.) but there is hope. I would like to make some CCTV for my parents.

However the biggest problem I face is the admin password reset. I do not have any password yet.

Does someone know how to restore the factory defaults on a DIVAR 3000 (erasing current data/recordings and settings) ?

I must say that it's not a DIVAR IP 3000 but a DIVAR AN 3000.

I tried pulling out the battery for hours, pushing the reset button while powering on, booting without battery, pushing the reset button for 30s, the Dahua password generation tool (some Bosch are made by Dahua).
At no use...

So if someone knows the procedure and can communicate it I will be very gratefull.

Regards,

Have you tried the Super Administrator password ADMINISTRATOR and 000000 as the password? As far as I’m aware that is always present.

Associate
Hi,

Yes I tried. Multiple times :( It's the default password in the user manual.

I looked at the manuals, on the Internet, etc. But I cannot find any clue.

As I said I do not want to recover the old password. I just need to restore the factory defaults (erasing the existing settings and data).

On other Bosch DVR/NVR there is always a procedure to restart from zero. For instance powering up and pressing two buttons simultaneously.
I find nothing on this one.

Regards,

Associate
I don't think so since I can see the old accounts (at least 4 of them).

If they wanted to erase everything all they had to do is to restore the factory defaults :) like I'm desperately trying :).

If you have the admin password the procedure is described in the user manual. Of course they might not read the user manual :) but it looks like the DVR was dumped with its last active configuration.
In one case they left even the HDD (1 Tb, 45k hours of activity).

They probably replaced the installation and dumped the old DVRs/NVRs.

Soldato
If it is one of the Dahua built ones then you’ll need to contact Bosch and they’ll send an unlock code to the e-mail address registered to the recorder.

Other than that, or you’ve got an EEPROM Programmer and you can read the hex bits, you’re stuffed.

Associate
@WJA96 ,
Thanks for your message.

It seems that you were right. There is no way to "externally" reset the password on these models.

For whom may be in the same situation:

I called Bosch support and explained the situation.
They asked some questions like :
-the DVR model
-the serial number
-the MAC address
-the current date of the device
-the software version
-full name
-phone number
-full address
-email address
-end use purpose

A bit intrusive... :(

After some email exchange in order to confirm the e-mail address they sent me a temporary password. It worked. :)
With this admin password I could recover the entire functionnality of the DVR.

For the moment I was not S.W.A.T.-ed :) and anyway as far as the law is concerned things are traceable.

One more unpleasant potential consequence would be that the firm which dumped the equipment might be notified and afterwards intentionnally damages beyond repair the next devices they dump.

Well, that's their choice...

Regards,

Associate
Yeh in fairness I noticed someone nearby has an obvious wireless camera at practically head height on top of their fence facing into their garden.

If someone wanted to, they could walk up to it and rip it off and it's not even facing them.

I think I'll mount it inside the shed poking out a little or something so that it's less obvious / less easy to steal.

Police advise is to absolutely NOT mount them high up unless all you want it an image of the top of their head! Hardly ever are they attacked and on the odd occasion when they are the culprits faces are in the shot doing it! Next door but one had an issue with the CCTV covering the front door not apparantly recording anything. Went to take a look to find someone had smeared mud and grass over the lens, went back and found the point when the camera went off line and the footage immediately before had an image of a young scroat casing the house clear as day with a face shot as good as you would ever want. A few days later the lead was stolen from the front bay of the house, and there was a prolific gang operating in the area. Unfortunately living in Manchester where Burnham has turned the Police into the Gestapo (Miller Vs College of Policing) They no longer deal with real crime only hurty feelings and no one ever turned up to view or collect the footage.

In another case of arson with reckless endangerment to which I was a witness the prosecuting barrister couldn't operated the AV in court, so the idiot judge dismissed the case without it being heard and without a qualified AV technician even being called.

CCTV is a deterrent and if they want to get in they will just bally up and you won't even get any faces. Make sure the cameras are obvious, plaster the place with notices that it is in operation, and hope they go elsewhere, because even if you do get their faces clear as day, there's probably nothing going to happen as a result sadly.

Soldato
CCTV is a deterrent and if they want to get in they will just bally up and you won't even get any faces. Make sure the cameras are obvious, plaster the place with notices that it is in operation, and hope they go elsewhere, because even if you do get their faces clear as day, there's probably nothing going to happen as a result sadly.

Yeh I figured as much. If someone wants to get in, they will.

You just need to be the least attractive proposition.

I think round my way, they're just opportunists trying door handles and, if open, they'll probably jump in and look for some keys / wallets / cash.

I think it's only been car keys nicked with doors being unlocked around here.

Associate
Yeh I figured as much. If someone wants to get in, they will.

You just need to be the least attractive proposition.

I think round my way, they're just opportunists trying door handles and, if open, they'll probably jump in and look for some keys / wallets / cash.

I think it's only been car keys nicked with doors being unlocked around here.

I watched car 'burglars' (they wanted contents not cars) unlock a car with some gadget they had - disaapear for a few seconds in case the alarm sounded and then return, grab what they wanted and leave. This was on CCTV reported to the 'Gestapo' who again did nothing and of course no one was caught.

You have to get used to the reality you are on your own and you can deter them, but ultimately stopping them requires lethal force which is unfortunately not allowed in the UK.

Associate
Looking for a second Poe camera for my back garden to work with my synology.

I currently have Hikvision dome for the front garden purchased 3 or 4 years ago that was pretty popular on here but wanted to see what a good option is these days.

I know ideally they shouldn’t be high up but unfortunately it will need to be placed high (just under guttering) and wondering if a bullet style would be better suited as they tend to have like a visor over the top of the lens as opposed to a dome that’s just going to get covered in rain when mounted side ways.

Any recommendations for something between £80-£120? Ideally with a 2.8mm lens (needs to cover a wide area)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got some lovely cameras in MM at the moment. If you have to mount the camera high up then a zoom is good as you can frame the image using the zoom. And for high up you want a strong illuminator - at least 50m.

Associate
I've got some lovely cameras in MM at the moment. If you have to mount the camera high up then a zoom is good as you can frame the image using the zoom. And for high up you want a strong illuminator - at least 50m.

Would the DH-IPC-HDW2831TP-ZS-S2 be suitable? Would that work with my synology along with being able to rotate and zoom within the synology surveillance and DS Cam app? I’m assuming that it’s waterproof and the illumination has a good throw?

Associate
Now looking at potentially get a ptz done style camera for the back garden but not sure what is about other than the HiLook PTZ 4mp dome that’s around £120-£135. Anyone know of any alternatives to this up to £250? I have come across the large PTZ style ones that hang from the house on a arm but they look too commercial and not very discreet.

I have been browsing sites but they all require trade accounts to login and see the price so now idea how I’m actually supposed to find and buy one. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom