ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Associate
Received by post the original spacers from rev 2.
Using the Rev 3, was a close call on the X570-F Strix, but still maybe 1mm away from the capacitors.
Apparently the Rev3 mounting system allows a better contact with the CPU, according to the GamerNexus test.

Associate
I've now received my Rev 4 mounting kit for my Liquid Freezer II 240 and it fits great on my MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi. Loads of clearance for the caps at the top & no interference with the M.2 slot & heatsink. I've fitted it in the offset position, which I couldn't do before. I also bought some of the new Arctic MX-5 paste.
My BIOS remains the same with PBO2 enabled with a -30 all core negative curve. The temp on my 5800X has dropped by 5°c under load (now max 79°c / idle 27°c) in Cinebench R23 but that isn't the whole story as that is now with all cores running at 4775Mhz whereas before they would only get to 4675Mhz. Single core boost remains the same at 4850Mhz.

Associate
I've now received my Rev 4 mounting kit for my Liquid Freezer II 240 and it fits great on my MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi. Loads of clearance for the caps at the top & no interference with the M.2 slot & heatsink. I've fitted it in the offset position, which I couldn't do before. I also bought some of the new Arctic MX-5 paste.
My BIOS remains the same with PBO2 enabled with a -30 all core negative curve. The temp on my 5800X has dropped by 5°c under load (now max 79°c / idle 27°c) in Cinebench R23 but that isn't the whole story as that is now with all cores running at 4775Mhz whereas before they would only get to 4675Mhz. Single core boost remains the same at 4850Mhz.
I wonder how much is to do with the offset mounting and how much is to do with the MX-5 paste?

Just ordered some MX-5.

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder how much is to do with the offset mounting and how much is to do with the MX-5 paste?

Just ordered some MX-5.

The only review I’ve seen had about a 1°c reduction from MX-4 so I put it mainly down to the offset. If the cores weren’t boosting higher I think the temperature drop would be bigger too.

Permabanned
Arctic are quite good with getting back to you and helping you out with your issue.

I've bought a 2nd hand ALF2 360 which had some missing parts and they accepted eBay proof of purchase, provided me with a screenshot of the box contents and for me to list what I needed.

Then post it.

Permabanned
I've received today my Arctic replacement parts and even though I only requested a few missing washers and screws, they sent me a full kit for both Intel and AMD + a fan. All of this for free on a second hand product bought off eBay at half the price (they knew as I had to provide proof or purchase).

Not bad.
http://imgur.com/a/tKamwHg
tKamwHg

Associate
I've received today my Arctic replacement parts and even though I only requested a few missing washers and screws, they sent me a full kit for both Intel and AMD + a fan. All of this for free on a second hand product bought off eBay at half the price (they knew as I had to provide proof or purchase).

Not bad.
http://imgur.com/a/tKamwHg
tKamwHg
Very nice, I've found their customer service excellent.

Back
Top Bottom