What PC games are you playing?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Metro 2033 Redux.

With the recent announcement of an enhanced Metro Exodus version inbound I thought I’d start the lot from scratch again.

However, I’d forgotten just how unforgiving 2033 is. It’s a bloody hard game on any difficulty setting and at this rate I may just cheat my way to the end just so I can tick it off my list.

Associate
haha fair enough, what shocks me the most are steam reviews when I see 2000+ hours on games like Terraria
I'm probably looking at more than double that in Path of Exile by now, although I stopped using Steam in favour of the stand alone client years ago so no way of tracking exactitudes that I know of since I haven't kept every character I've ever played

Soldato
Think I'm going to give Deus Ex Mankind Divided another go. I enjoyed it at release but tbh don't really remember anything about the story.

I think my overall feelings were that it had better gameplay than Human Revolution but not as good a story. I think it felt a bit small.
Last time I picked it up (DE MD) I just couldn't get back into it, controls seemed fiddly and the story really doesn't grab like the previous instalment. I also know how easy it is to go down the road of the mundane ending which I ended up twice with during my playthroughs.

So I'm still plodding away at Skyrim (plus a bit of MSFS and the Run 8 train sim), gets a bit disconcerting though when every other character sounds like Nick Valentine from Fallout 4!

Associate
At the moment ive got on the go;
AC Valhalla (although havnt touched in over a month)
Dishonored 2
Journey to the Savage Planet
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

I keep getting the urge to play different games so installing too many. I want to play Dragon Age Origins and maybe Inquisition too. Oh, and Graveyard Keeper looks fun.

Soldato
Have a couple on the go alongside Rimwworld which has been my go to game for years.
Diablo 3
Mutant Year Zero

I keep jumping into the new COD Cold War campaign which quickly reminds me that I'm **** at shooters :) Think I've only done 2 or 3 missions, usually just close it down after I get killed and go back to Rimworld. Determined to finish it since it came with my GPU and I never played COD games.

Associate
Black Ops Cold War campaign. Frist COD I've played since Modern Warfare 3 (I've never been good at the online and MW3 put me off after enjoying MW 1&2). I skipped pretty much every other COD game at the time as well including all the Black Ops games. I'm genuinely enjoying the campaign and last night I just started the Desperate Measures mission. Oh boy this is def my jam. On the back of that can anyone recommend me any games that tickle that espionage feel? I love the amount of tension wondering around a room full of enemy soldiers and having to react to each scenario as it comes up to keep my cover.

Soldato
Last time I picked it up (DE MD) I just couldn't get back into it, controls seemed fiddly and the story really doesn't grab like the previous instalment. I also know how easy it is to go down the road of the mundane ending which I ended up twice with during my playthroughs.

I'm about a third through atm. It is an excellent game. I don't know if its a better game than Human Revolution, but it's certainly more refined. I think it's just missing another hub. Prague is a great setting, a really underrated gameworld imo, but previous Deus Ex games felt bigger as you travelled to other hubs.

We really need more games like this. Quite old school in a way. First person, no hand holding, encouraging exploration, branching story.

WE NEED ANOTHER DEUS EX GAME!

Associate
I'm about a third through atm. It is an excellent game. I don't know if its a better game than Human Revolution, but it's certainly more refined. I think it's just missing another hub. Prague is a great setting, a really underrated gameworld imo, but previous Deus Ex games felt bigger as you travelled to other hubs.

We really need more games like this. Quite old school in a way. First person, no hand holding, encouraging exploration, branching story.

WE NEED ANOTHER DEUS EX GAME!

Last edited:
Soldato
We certainly do, both fantastic games. I think HR just edges it on the atmosphere, but weirdly MKD looks more reminiscent of the original. Would absolutely love a new game but not holding out hope atm. Can't even think what games are similar to this, with the same atmosphere and emotion it brings.

Dishonored series is best we've got. Both excellent games, kind of similar gameplay in terms of semi open levels with different paths and freedom to play how you want.

Associate
Factorio. Got the game late on Monday, launched my rocket this morning at 8am. 45 hours played in less than 4 days, including staying up to play till 11am the first night and staying up to play till 8am last night.

This game is some moreish crack. Can't wait to start my new map and make it better.

Soldato
Flight sim 2020, very relaxing and nothing beats the satisfaction that you landed in a decent manner, or landing after screwing up approach and thinking ' I've got this' and just pull it off.

Also got sunless sea for free from epic so that's next.

Soldato
Nearly at the end of Deus Ex Mankind Divided now. I just feel really sad tbh as they just abandoned it before the story really went anywhere. Completed this game would have been phenomenonal!

After this I might see how No Man's Sky is doing nowadays, or possibly play Deus Ex Revision.

Back
Top Bottom