MSI MEG Unify X570 - new bios available

Soldato
New BIOS was released on 2020-12-29
Version 7C35vA85(Beta version)

BIOS info in this version shows 'Update to ComboAM4PIV2 1.1.9.0'

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X570-UNIFY#down-bios

This replaces the current BIOS i'm using '7C35vA82' which is also beta dated 2020/11/16
I can no longer see the one dated 2020/11/16 which i'm using

Is anyone using it yet?

General query about updating BIOS, will I lose all my current saved settings? (mainly custom memory timings) If so, how do you back these up? I have settings saved in profiles currently. I expect i'll need to re-do them so photos of settings required

edit - I updated BIOS, tested setting as they were before and all is good. Update appears to at least fix curve optimizer save settings e.g. enable and change curve optimizer to negative on one core, save now shows that bios settings have been changed

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the heads up, I'm currently on the BIOS you were on previously so I'll give this one a go tonight.
No issues as yet with the new one. I'm yet to see if Curve optimizer is any better but PBO is working as before on Auto and memory overclock is too (1900IF / DDR 3800 / CAS14 1.5V)

Associate
Currently running this BIOS seems okay - have been running ram at 3600 and FLCK and 1800 with no problems for about a week now. Will try and push it a bit further. Have not really looked into the curve optimiser yet.

Anyone else getting GPU screen blackouts like monitor input is switching. Only happens on desktop - gaming is fine?

Soldato
I am not a fan of beta bios.

So will be skipping this one, till a stable one comes out. Tho it would be interesting to know if curve optimiser is available to zen2 chips also.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I get a few drops of CPU clocks running timespy or firestrike which i didnt get before.
What is strange is the old beta bios (82) has been removed. Good job i backed it up.
I’ll stick with 85 for now as a couple if games worked fine

Soldato
OP
Let us know how you get on.
Had a few stutters in Warzone, thought it may have just been server lag. Tried a few mroe games and it was the same
Came out and tried Timespy and Firestrike again. Noticed in monitoring the CPU had some drops from 4850Mhz down to ~3800Mhz.
Flashed back to A82 bios, no more drops in Timespy or Firestrike.

What sort of retards work for these big companies who appear to do no testing? It would be like me implementing a system change without any preprod or post change testing!! I would get sacked
I'm 99% sure i'm not the only one who will have problems with the new ComboAM4PIV2 1.1.9.0 BIOS
7C35vA82 works fine for me, they have gone a step further and removed this one from the MSI BIOS downloads section :rolleyes:

Soldato
Lol, that sounds horrific. Ya I am starting to think none of the board manufacturers have any one decent doing the BIOS coding.

MSI hasn’t got a stable bios since nov.

Associate
I avoid Beta bios releases, for two reasons:

1. Instability
2. I've spent some time tweaking settings to achieve an OC which cannot be carried over.

Soldato
OP
Lol, that sounds horrific. Ya I am starting to think none of the board manufacturers have any one decent doing the BIOS coding.

MSI hasn’t got a stable bios since nov.
For me the none beta (7C35vA7) was instable. I would get random crashes in Windows 10
7C35vA82 is working fine (the one they have removed!)

I avoid Beta bios releases, for two reasons:

1. Instability
2. I've spent some time tweaking settings to achieve an OC which cannot be carried over.

As above, the non beta was instable for me. I had to move forward or have instability.
2 is easy to fix, take some photos / record your settings somehow. Easily carried over by changing BIOS settings, it took me about 2 mins to change all RAM timings

Associate
As above, the non beta was instable for me. I had to move forward or have instability.
2 is easy to fix, take some photos / record your settings somehow. Easily carried over by changing BIOS settings, it took me about 2 mins to change all RAM timings

On previous BIOS I couldn't achieve the same OC as I have now, so I'm worried that the next BIOS might result in my OC being unstable.

PS. I'm on A50 now.

Will probably update once non-BETA SAM support gets released, as that seem to give some improvements overall in performance.

Associate
If you are stable don't update. 1.2.0.0 is just really a code cleanup with minor bugfixes. No change to FCLK achievability.

Soldato
can you update these bios to an ealier version? i think ASUS came out saying something about the B400 chipset motherboard once updated to the latest bios supporting 5000 CPUs then it wont be able to go back to an earlier version of the bios.

just curious as to if there is any leg to stand on "cannot revert to an earlier bios" statement

Associate
Hello all,

It is different question rather than BIOS, but anyone here knows if all SYS_FANS in this mobo x570 unify are PWM??

In the manual it says they are DC by default, even they are 4 pins.

Anybody could help me here =D ?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Hello all,

It is different question rather than BIOS, but anyone here knows if all SYS_FANS in this mobo x570 unify are PWM??

In the manual it says they are DC by default, even they are 4 pins.

Anybody could help me here =D ?

Change the headers to PWM in the BIOS.

Soldato
OP
There’s a new BIOS

24/02/21

7C35vA91(Beta version)
‘Update to ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.1’
‘Improving Ryzen CPU performance’

Has anyone tried this? What’s added in the BIOS to allow this to work “improving ryzen cpu performance” work?

Back
Top Bottom