• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

ne0

ne0

Associate
Right I'm a bit confused.

On the Nvidia blog it doesn't list the z390 mobos as being compatible but there is a bios update for it which I have flashed and it's all set up?

The other thing is the cpu's... I have an i7 9700K which isn't listed either...I guess that means it's not supported?

Help :p

Soldato
OP

On the Nvidia blog it doesn't list the z390 mobos as being compatible but there is a bios update for it which I have flashed and it's all set up?

The other thing is the cpu's... I have an i7 9700K which isn't listed either...I guess that means it's not supported?

You can try it and if it works it works

Soldato
OP
Another resize bar testing suite

this is using the rtx3060 + 5900x with x570 mobo in various games at 1440p Ultra settings.

they observed up to 15% performance gains

Soldato

Nvidia like with gsync compatible only test what they can. They dont have time or resource to test everything so there will be configurations that do work that they dont test.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Nvidia like with gsync compatible only test what they can. They dont have time or resource to test everything so there will be configurations that do work that they dont test.

yeah makes sense I guess. keeping my fingers crossed, cba to upgrade my mobo/cpu atm!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If you have an ASUS board and an older gen ryzen, it will hopefully pan out well to get re-bar option.

The support is also coming to Ryzen 3000 “Matisse” CPUs which are based on Zen2 architecture.. ASUS confirms that even the first generation of Ryzen CPUs will have the ReSize BAR feature enabled, in this case on PRIME B450-PLUS motherboard.

Kind of hoping this matures well and no mobo+cpu upgrade needed:

G J

G J

Associate
Nice that older Ryzen /x4xx support may be on the way so is their any z370 support planed and does this work with APU's and integrated graphics?

Cant get a gpu atm so getting up to 10% out of my Intel UHD 630 (8700K) would be amazing. :D

Soldato
Nice that older Ryzen /x4xx support may be on the way so is their any z370 support planed and does this work with APU's and integrated graphics?

Cant get a gpu atm so getting up to 10% out of my Intel UHD 630 (8700K) would be amazing. :D

I already have it on my Asus Crosshair 7 hero x470 with 2700x.

Soldato
tj7foxX
tj7foxX.jpg

This is what is shown on my R9 390 when enabling SAM in bios. Ryzen 3600 and Asus Tuf Gaming X570. I thought you had to have a 5000 series cpu for it to work?

Caporegime
Hopefully it'll work on my msi b450 tomahawk and ryzen 2600 as the option worked fine when I had my vega 56, not tried enabling it since getting the 3080.

Back
Top Bottom