***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Forgot to post (and realised I haven't actually taken any pictures as I type this), but I managed to get the Lego Grand Piano for £250 a few weeks ago that I built over the course of the past week. Must say its a great bit of lego engineering, looks good and actually works, although were it will live is a bit of a question, at the moment it is on the sub with only about a cm space front and rear for the legs to stay on.

Edit - pic

VhuiFIll.jpg

And yes, that is the ship in the bottle in the background.

That does look good. I'm tempted to get it and the Nintendo but just don't have the space for them!

Soldato
Porsche arrived this morning, built the Turbo already. Very impressed with it, the shape is much better than I was expecting from the pictures although it’s a little bigger than I was expecting (Pretty much the same size as the Mustang which I’d assumed was only bigger than the rest of the creator cars by virtue of its American-ness. It dwarfs the Beetle and makes the F40 look way too small.

Steering is nicely done too, don’t think it would take a lot to adapt to include suspension.

One thing which I though was odd was the Porsche logo on the bonnet. For a properly licensed model it’s a very ‘simple’ graphic of a style you’d expect on a unlicensed product that was trying to see how far they can push the boundaries before the lawyers get involved.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the Defender delivered on Thursday, so did a couple of hours on Friday evening for bag 1, then did bags two and three on saturday (must have easily been another 5 or 6 hours), then completed bag 4 yesterday (another couple of hours). Very intricate build and hugely satisfying when things work at the end :)

Associate
I think I used a 4x50mm, in a Fischer duo power plug into a skimmed plasterboard wall. I don’t think I have anything longer than that in that size.

Seems pretty solid, certainly not going anywhere. I have it screwed in so the batwing is tight up against the wall with no gap. If your concerned you could take off the little ‘skids’ off the back to get the model get closer to the wall but I didn’t bother.

4x50 will be fine. It’s what I’m using.

Cheers guys, manned up and mounted it on the wall over the weekend, seems alright so far!

Associate
So my Porsche arrived a week after ordering. There was no VIP welcome pack and no extra goodies at all in the box, nada.

Sent off an email to customer services to let them know that I will not be doing a pre-order again because there is absolutely no incentive to do so anymore..

But. Just had a very nicely worded email back today apologising and they've given me £20 worth of VIP points on account.

Fair play Lego. Faith restored.

Soldato
That was really nice of them.

It's not usually my thing but I've just ordered the Harry Potter 4 Privet Drive set.

I love the book series and thought its a great looking set and was only £47.99 on amazon.

Soldato
Soldato
Terrible photo as I only have a couple of bare bulbs wired up presently, but tided up the loft a little and put in a couple more shelves for some of the recent kits that have been assembled the past months.

Next job will be to fit some better lighting.

Soldato
Terrible photo as I only have a couple of bare bulbs wired up presently, but tided up the loft a little and put in a couple more shelves for some of the recent kits that have been assembled the past months.

I think you might have posted some before, as I remember seeing the cars vertical. That is a fantastic setup though.

Caporegime

How much does fitting a loft space up to a spec like this cost? Seems like a fabulous use of space

Soldato
How much does fitting a loft space up to a spec like this cost? Seems like a fabulous use of space
Nothing fancy here at all, this portion of the loft above our extension was built with load bearing joists so it could in theory be converted to a liveable space however all I've done is put down some loft boards, splashed a bit of white paint on the bare block wall and put up some shelves using cheap brackets and leftover spare wood from the Ikea freebie bin.

Back
Top Bottom