• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rocket lake leaks

Soldato
Interesting, I imagine the release BIOS/microcode that's imminent will further improve things and eliminate any odd behaviour.

gonna fix the clockspeed too? Based on what the Germans are getting, the 11700k is only good for 4.9ghz - quite low for an Intel and lower than the 5.2-5.4ghz people got on the 10700k

Soldato
I imagine that has rather taken some of the wind out of your sails but ever the optimist!

Why don't you just have the good sense to wait to see precisely what is and what is not, before all the bravado and triumphalism?

I'm not sure if your aware, but Rocket Lake hasn't released yet. People testing/reviewing now are doing so on pre-release BIOS/Microcode. Do a google search (if you can manage it) and you'll see that Intel is due to release a "release" BIOS/microcode, before release, sometime in March. Testing on pre-release BIOS's is not a fair way to evaluate performance, though I understand this is a complex notion to understand for the AMD fans on this forum.

The fact that some retailers broke NDA and shipped an unreleased product, also shows Intel likely have really good stock levels, and are preparing for a non-paper launch by seeding retailers around the world with stock a few weeks in advance.

This has increased the wind in my sails my friend, I hope the same wind will carry you to a happy/productive Saturday where you can look forward to upcoming products increasing the amount of FPS you see in video games.

Caporegime
A leaked sample is totally reflective of Intels huge stock levels. History has taught us that right?

At this point you must be trolling or release day is going to absolutely ruin your world.

Soldato
I'm not sure if your aware, but Rocket Lake hasn't released yet. People testing/reviewing now are doing so on pre-release BIOS/Microcode. Do a google search (if you can manage it) and you'll see that Intel is due to release a "release" BIOS/microcode, before release, sometime in March. Testing on pre-release BIOS's is not a fair way to evaluate performance, though I understand this is a complex notion to understand for the AMD fans on this forum.

The fact that some retailers broke NDA and shipped an unreleased product, also shows Intel likely have really good stock levels, and are preparing for a non-paper launch by seeding retailers around the world with stock a few weeks in advance.

This has increased the wind in my sails my friend, I hope the same wind will carry you to a happy/productive Saturday where you can look forward to upcoming products increasing the amount of FPS you see in video games.
You never give up do you mate you keep starting threads posting bench marks when it suits you and shows intel in good light but as soon as the opposite shows up you state its not a fair way to do it because its on a pre release bios talk about moving goal posts this is just pure trolling why not wait a couple of weeks get proper bench marks then look at the overall picture you never know could be good for all of us one way or another
And stop the patronising mate doesnt suit you

Soldato
For about the only time ever I do actually agree with him that judging any less than optimal behaviours such as the mentioned memory interconnect issues on pre-release code isn’t especially fair.

AMD has had plenty of issues with not only pre-release but after release too, which then improved with updates (eg, recent case in point the improvements in FCLK stability on Zen3 in later AGESAs).

To be clear I think rocket lake is still looking like a terrible release, especially if the rumoured prices are true... but he isn’t wrong that specific things could potentially be improved by running release code. If someone less blatantly biased had made the same point I think most would agree it has some limited merit.

Soldato
I'm not sure if your aware, but Rocket Lake hasn't released yet....
Precisely! Though one of us has created many threads proclaiming how great RKL will be, how good the price will be and that there will be loads of supply. One of us has had threads locked for going overboard with the Intel RKL fanfare - when it hasn't even been released.

If you can't see the rods you have created for your own back then there is little point trying to reason with you.

I hope the same wind will carry you to a happy/productive Saturday
You can't even get the day of the week right - today is Sunday. :D

Soldato
Precisely! Though one of us has created many threads proclaiming how great RKL will be, how good the price will be and that there will be loads of supply. One of us has had threads locked for going overboard with the Intel RKL fanfare - when it hasn't even been released.

If you can't see the rods you have created for your own back then there is little point trying to reason with you.

You can't even get the day of the week right - today is Sunday. :D
I noticed the day was wrong aswell maybe hes waiting for a bios update :D

Soldato
I'm guessing our resident Ryan is right, Intel will have tons of stock on the shelves at launch, absolutely loads of it and it will remain there.
It's not going to be a very compelling due to the high price and performance being equal at best if you are lucky, and maybe only sometimes.

It is a shame really, since it might have given AMD a reason to drop the prices, but it looks like 10th Gen Intel is the new bargain basement, and AMD will remain firmly at the top of the CPU tree for the next year or more, Zen4 is going to cement that only further.

Soldato
I'm guessing our resident Ryan is right, Intel will have tons of stock on the shelves at launch, absolutely loads of it and it will remain there.
It's not going to be a very compelling due to the high price and performance being equal at best if you are lucky, and maybe only sometimes.

It is a shame really, since it might have given AMD a reason to drop the prices, but it looks like 10th Gen Intel is the new bargain basement, and AMD will remain firmly at the top of the CPU tree for the next year or more, Zen4 is going to cement that only further.
Agree, no big shake-up with Comet Lake and it misses out on the additional i9 cores in the 10xxx series. No big incentive for Intel die hards to upgrade past 7xxx series really. Still sales at Intel are going well due to last gen price drops and AMD haven't plugged this (yet).

Soldato
OP
Has anyone noticed Digital Foundry still hasn't reviewed Zen 3? Seems kind of biased.

Also is anyone else having problems with the forum? It keeps asking me to login
We know DF sells their reviews to who ever pays. So there is no point in watching or paying any attention to their reviews. Much like LTT and Jayz etc. The fewer people pay attention to these sellouts the better it is as there will be more real reviews rather than “sponsored” reviews.

I think YouTube should make all the content creators come clean with their sponsors. There should be a disclaimer who is your sponsor on your channel so people can make up their mind if they want to believe their content as a singular source to rely upon for their purchase decisions.

forum is working fine. Clear your cache and cookies etc try again.

Soldato
We know DF sells their reviews to who ever pays. So there is no point in watching or paying any attention to their reviews. Much like LTT and Jayz etc. The fewer people pay attention to these sellouts the better it is as there will be more real reviews rather than “sponsored” reviews.

forum is working fine. Clear your cache and cookies etc try again.
Well if it's sponsored then yeah harder to trust them.

Nah i don't think it's the cache/cookies, it was doing it on my phone as well, maybe I've got a funny IP or something, wouldn't be the first time.

Soldato
OP
Well if it's sponsored then yeah harder to trust them.

Nah i don't think it's the cache/cookies, it was doing it on my phone as well, maybe I've got a funny IP or something, wouldn't be the first time.
if you select remember me or keep me logged in then it shouldnt ask anymore

Soldato
Has anyone noticed Digital Foundry still hasn't reviewed Zen 3? Seems kind of biased.

Also is anyone else having problems with the forum? It keeps asking me to login
They've certainly been very shady for a while now, especially around Intel products. When Renoir laptops came out last year and comprehensively outperformed Intel's offerings, DF didn't bother to cover the launch. In fact, they ran this fluff piece about how great Intel's upcoming laptops were going to be instead:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-h-laptop-processors-with-up-to-5-3ghz-turbo

Back
Top Bottom