Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
How long is the first part? If it can be called that. I did enjoy the original greatly but having the remake put into parts really put me off.

Wait for the whole thing then.

Can't believe almost a full year after the game has been released there's still the suggestion that Remake is anything other than a full experience.

It is not the original game, if that's what you're asking. It's not 1:1 - if you want that, you'd be best waiting for Ever Crisis next year. Similarly, if you want the original game, by all means, go and play it. If you want the full experience of whatever the Remake and sequels will eventually become, as above - you'll have to wait.

It also doesn't take much of a Google to realise that FFVIIR is, thus far, a 30 hour game (if rushed). I'm on 72 hours so far and still haven't 100%'d it.

It’s too long and they bloat it with unnecessary ‘new’ stuff. Worth a pop for free on PS Plus (well, as free as that is!) though

That's unfair.

There are definitely parts which feel bloaty, but most of the added content is sound and welcomed, and adds multiple news layers to create a deeper world building of the VII universe.

Soldato
I have to agree that some of the side quests were pure filler. Some of the zones really dragged on too, I had to push myself to finish it despite enjoying it a lot at various stages. The Drum possibly ranks as one of the worst parts of a game I've ever played

Soldato
This game splits people down the line.

If you want a 1:1 remaster. This isn't the game for you.
If you want a remake that combines the story from Crisis Core, Dirge and Before Crisis (The extended FF7 story since the original games release), with new area's to be included later down the line then you'll enjoy this. The upcoming DLC with Yuffie isn't new story, it's one example of the expanded story being told.

People tend to complain about the side quests as filler, but most of that is also optional if you want to skip that content and the rewards you get from it.

The thing with new areas being added, some you'll love, some you'll hate. You're not going to like every change.

Soldato
How long is the first part? If it can be called that. I did enjoy the original greatly but having the remake put into parts really put me off.

It depends on how much of the side content you do, it took me about 35 hours if I remember correctly.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=57686

I didn't find it to be overly long at all, there was one part that dragged a bit for me but that was more due to not liking the location. You have to remember that this is not just a remake, it goes in a very different direction to the original game and the future parts look to be there own thing.

FF7R was one of my favourite games of 2020, if you enjoyed FF7 or you're a fan of JRPG's I'd highly recommend it.

Soldato
I actually think the Yuffie DLC is about the only DLC they could have done without me thinking it's a pure money grab and ****** me off. In fact it actually gives me confidence that they're heeding to the ongoing Remake story faithfully.

What I mean is, Yuffie was an optional character in the original and so her character building in the game was nearly non-existent unless you went hunting for the few scraps and hints in Wutai. However given what Remake is and given that videogames have moved on since the pre-rendered isometric style of the original, Yuffie was always going to be in the Remake in a fully fleshed out and realised way just like the other characters, otherwise it'd feel strange when she just "pops" up into the story and joins the team. Given the scope that Part 2 will need to cover, it makes tons of sense for them to focus on the backstory of Yuffie and set her up going into Part 2. It'll also help deliver the lore behind Wutai and fill in some gaps from the Midgar/Wutai war and the SOLDIER stuff that was born from it.

The real problem however, which baffles my mind, is that it's locked to the PS5. I'm stumped. Completely. The only reason I'm not ****** is because I've got a strong suspicion that Intergrade will be released on PC around the sametime. Though they probably won't announce it until after the 10th April when the Playstation exclusivity deal ends.

Soldato
The real problem however, which baffles my mind, is that it's locked to the PS5. I'm stumped. Completely. The only reason I'm not ****** is because I've got a strong suspicion that Intergrade will be released on PC around the sametime. Though they probably won't announce it until after the 10th April when the Playstation exclusivity deal ends.

That's what people are getting upset about.

The DLC is locked to the PS5 but they didn't build a new engine for the DLC. Its reused assets from the base game so there is no reason why it should be PS5 only. And with the current situation, PS5's are still hard to get hold of and will be for the rest of the year.

Soldato
Its reused assets from the base game so there is no reason why it should be PS5 only.

Whether part 2 uses UE5 or not they will still use the same assests from the PS4 remake, it's just a case of migrating them to the new engine. People arguing over assests as frustration for not releasing on an old gen console are looking at one small part of game development. Square could have added additional development time and money into releasing it on the PS4 but they obviously have their reason for not doing it. Whether it's a deal with Sony or Squaresoft not wanting to for whatever reason who knows.

Soldato
So Intergrade is released tomorrow night at midnight in case anyone missed it. Maybe 11 pm, I'm not sure tbh.

You can upgrade your PS4 version of remake to the PS5 (unless you got the PS+ version which isn't eligable).
Yuffie DLC is PS5 only.
Price should be about £20 since it's $19.99 in the US.

Associate
Good news. Was it 3 total episodes, or did i imagine that?

No PS4 is pretty poor show, especially given the lack of consoles, though i doubt they knew tat would be the case pre development planning.

Soldato
well its mid June now almost and no mention if this is comig on pc?

Anyways, are you saying that this game now works on ps5? do i just buy the ps4 disk and put teh disk inside my ps5 to install it?

If you have the disk or digital download version on PS4. You get the free upgrade on the PS5 later tonight.

Soldato
Taken directly from PSN.

If you already own a PS4™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, you are not eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. You are however eligible to receive a free PS5™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE if you already either (i) own a PS4™ digital version of the game or (ii) own a PS4™ disc version of the game and also own a PS5™ console with a disc drive (you must insert the disc each time you wish you to download or play the PS5™ digital version of the game). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation®Plus Monthly Game then (a) you are not eligible for the free upgrade to PS5™ but (b) you are eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. The PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and all related updates are required to play FF7R EPISODE INTERmission (the new story content featuring Yuffie). Some additional restrictions may apply.

Soldato
For anyone who had the same problem as me. If you are carrying over your save data from the PS4 version to PS5 with the free upgrade. You need to upload your save data to cloud from within the game on the PS4 version then boot up the PS5 version and download your save data from there (right pain the bum!).

If you have updated to the PS5 version before doing this like I did. You can switch between the PS4 and PS5 version on the PS5 main menu.

Back
Top Bottom