• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

todays price hike on 30 series stuff?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It can mine , they were nerfed only for ethereum, but there are other coins people are mining and also it only nerfs it by 50% for ethereum, so still profitable.

Also yes I agree there are other things at play, it's called gamers and people needing a cheap gpu, remember the 60's range are the most popular range for the average user of GPUs for gaming, just to produce a display on systems with no IGPU and work.

This whole mining thing is just nuts to me and sooner it ends the better but again it may not and become the new reality of life. We can only hope it dies a terrible death and no one ever tries to bring any form of this back again.

looking at the stock levels NOT coming in to the uk id say mining at least here has very little to do with it, its just the total lack of stock be it from nvidia making gpu's or 3rd party card manufacturers just not shipping any to the uk.

Permabanned
As has been said by other poster before mining is not the sole reason for the issues. It’s a problem for sure but the biggest problem is neither nvidia or amd can make enough cards between them. Miners are just an easy target at the minute.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I am so thankful my order got fulfilled before christmas for a 3070 xc3 ultra

getting at MSRP is making it feel like a bargain now which it didnt at the time!!

Soldato
looking at the stock levels NOT coming in to the uk id say mining at least here has very little to do with it, its just the total lack of stock be it from nvidia making gpu's or 3rd party card manufacturers just not shipping any to the uk.

Perhaps you haven't realized that the lack of stock coming to the UK is because the miners are actually buying direct from manufacturers.

https://videocardz.com/newz/this-geforce-rtx-3080-ethereum-mining-rig-now-makes-20k-per-month

Associate
Paid msrp for my 3060ti, which in hindsight was a bargain when I see winky ***** dual fan gigabyte and Zotacs changing hands for over £500. Proper cheap looking and feeling cards costing more than £150 over the FE card is scandalous, don't understand the desperate need to pay these prices.

Associate
I purchased a Inno3D RTX3090 X4 from OCUK in January, when there were a few 3090's available, for a shocking price of £1799.99, it still makes me sweat thinking about it! The main thing is I have a good card now and it will last a long time. I now see that the card has gone up £300 to £2099.99 in less than a month on this very website!!

Permabanned
It's a bubble that will burst! Gamers appear to be suffering, going through the struggle of getting a card, then when the bubble bursts, will loose hundreds if not a thousand pounds to depreciation.

These gamers will think twice before buying another Nvidia card.

Associate
It's a bubble that will burst! Gamers appear to be suffering, going through the struggle of getting a card, then when the bubble bursts, will loose hundreds if not a thousand pounds to depreciation.

It's just as bad with AMD and their pricing too sadly, this generation of GPU was sold as being twice as fast at a fraction of the cost initially. Complete lies on both counts :mad:

Soldato
It's just as bad with AMD and their pricing too sadly, this generation of GPU was sold as being twice as fast at a fraction of the cost initially. Complete lies on both counts :mad:
I get that, but had we lived in 'normal' times a 3070 at RRP was terrific value up against last gen 2080ti, so I think Nvidia/AMD pricing was sound. What happened next however ....

Soldato

You done trolling yet ? from your first post on here to every other post. I'm shocked you have not been banned yet, you have only added rubbish to every post and negative rubbish to troll people on their purchases. All you have done is contradict yourself too.

Example of what you say :-

i would never pay more than £400-500 for a graphics card. You guys are nuts. £1400 plus lol

I paid a whopping £ 790 for my card one of the most extreme 3080s out there (it's listed as £739 rrp. ) But on OC website it's listed for 1k.

So I paid £ 50 more, but considering the situation , I don't feel I can complain.

It's the most I've ever paid for a single pc component. Ffs £790 for a gpu, prices need to reduce nvidia.

I believe you dont have a card and wound up and sat winding people up.. or you are bored and this is how you get your kicks.

Also nice thread here...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...and-vr-using-rtx-3080.18922000/#post-34592759

Asking for help but using it to attack people trying to help you... you clearly don't know how a computer even works and the basics but attack a forum full of professional users.:rolleyes: Then every other comment is putting people down on their purchase choices.. How old are you 12 years old Mr depreciation... knock it off you sound like a kid now that isn't getting enough allowance from his parents.

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say .. say nothing...

Permabanned
You done trolling yet ? from your first post on here to every other post. I'm shocked you have not been banned yet, you have only added rubbish to every post and negative rubbish to troll people on their purchases. All you have done is contradict yourself too.

Example of what you say :-

I believe you dont have a card and wound up and sat winding people up.. or you are bored and this is how you get your kicks.

Also nice thread here...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...and-vr-using-rtx-3080.18922000/#post-34592759

Asking for help but using it to attack people trying to help you... you clearly don't know how a computer even works and the basics but attack a forum full of professional users.:rolleyes: Then every other comment is putting people down on their purchase choices.. How old are you 12 years old Mr depreciation... knock it off you sound like a kid now that isn't getting enough allowance from his parents.

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say .. say nothing...

I'll say what I want

Soldato
The easy way to judge if the truth is being told about MSRP's going up is monitor the prices from the UK largest high street electrical retailer, as they sell at MSRP and no higher. So when you see their prices go up then the cost price has gone up. ;)

Yeah, bit funny how ocuk claim they have to sell 3080's at £900++ when other places, when they get stock, are still selling at £700-800

Associate
Prices are off the chain atm - I just picked up an MSI 3070 Suprim X from a competitor for £899 (£70 more than Overclockers lists the non-X at) - I'm still hoping to get a 3080 FE but at least I have a 30 series now. Is it worth it? Man, I dunno...

Back
Top Bottom