The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
We're (me, the mrs, 2 kids) currently living with my parents, which if truth be told, has been absolute hell. It's affecting our relationship, the kids behaviour, everything. Simply put, we need out of there

I feel your pain, I really do. Myself, girlfriend and two sons have been living with my parents since October 2019 and I’ve had more than enough of my parents and truth be told I’m sure they have had enough of us. Fingers crossed you get out soon, I’ve literally had an offer accepted this week so still a while to go yet.

Associate
I feel your pain, I really do. Myself, girlfriend and two sons have been living with my parents since October 2019 and I’ve had more than enough of my parents and truth be told I’m sure they have had enough of us. Fingers crossed you get out soon, I’ve literally had an offer accepted this week so still a while to go yet.

Thank you. Wishing you a speedy completion. At least now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Visit to the development booked for tomorrow; they've finally received all their samples so we can finalize choices for kitchen units and worktop, carpets and hard flooring. Everything seems to be going too smoothly... I'm sure we'll come up against some problems once everything starts rolling a but quicker with the HTB equity loan application and mortgage. Fingers crossed :D

Soldato
Visit to the development booked for tomorrow; they've finally received all their samples so we can finalize choices for kitchen units and worktop, carpets and hard flooring. Everything seems to be going too smoothly... I'm sure we'll come up against some problems once everything starts rolling a but quicker with the HTB equity loan application and mortgage. Fingers crossed :D

which builder have you gone with? We've looked at a few just recently.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Developer are Flagship Homes; not a developer in the traditional sense but they're dipping their hand in it in Norfolk / Suffolk. Wasn't expecting great build quality when we viewed the first time but I was pleasantly surprised!

Permabanned
Prices here seem to have gone up 50k in a week and everything sells immediately. Pretty much locked into my existing house now, which is annoying because I was looking to move soon.

Soldato
Prices here seem to have gone up 50k in a week and everything sells immediately. Pretty much locked into my existing house now, which is annoying because I was looking to move soon.

We honestly didn't appreciate the state of the housing market until the start of this year. Now we're looking to move, I'm staggered.

Like you say, prices are going up and up at a phenominal rate, despite what the media says.

Houses are being sold so quickly as well.

We're looking to move up, and the house prices are rising faster than we can save. Obviously our house is also going up, but the percentage difference is constantly creating a gap we can't fill.

Soldato
We honestly didn't appreciate the state of the housing market until the start of this year. Now we're looking to move, I'm staggered.

Like you say, prices are going up and up at a phenominal rate, despite what the media says.

Houses are being sold so quickly as well.

We're looking to move up, and the house prices are rising faster than we can save. Obviously our house is also going up, but the percentage difference is constantly creating a gap we can't fill.
Which media outlet is saying house prices are not going up?

I imagine a lot of people have added to their savings significantly this year because of no travel/ less spend on luxuries. It has also made moving less of a chore as you aren't battling with going into the office on top of all the logistics involved.

Man of Honour
Yopa are going to hate us, but our dream house came up for sale so we went to view and put in an offer which has been accepted. Now our current house has to get back on the market, if we don't sell before the sellers find somewhere we're going to have to let the current one out and eat beans until such a time that it does sell.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Choices finalized for the new build! And expected completion date is now second week of June, genuinely excited and hope the time flies by! Think I've decided I'll get them to turf the back garden as well, the show home gardens look fine and I'd rather have a usable garden for the summer. If it ends up a state the following year I can always start again as it'll only be a few hundred pounds to do it.

Soldato
That doesn't seem to make any sense, that appears to be a completely normal road. If it wasn't adopted - who pays for the street lighting? Sounds like your conveyencer is getting mixed up.
I've done a little bit of searching myself and have accessed the "Lists of Streets" for the local area and have found that Clementhorpe Road is maintainable at public expense, I'm sending a quick email over to my conveyancer as I don't want my purchase dragging out due to a simple mix up. Am I correct in assuming this is acceptable? I can only assume they have mixed up the main road and the private car park but that seems an extremely basic mistake to make?

Soldato
Yopa are going to hate us, but our dream house came up for sale so we went to view and put in an offer which has been accepted. Now our current house has to get back on the market, if we don't sell before the sellers find somewhere we're going to have to let the current one out and eat beans until such a time that it does sell.

Great that you found another place so quick! Any pics?

Presumably you won't have the same buyer?

3 weeks after sending the draft info my buyer has managed to get it from her solicitors..... No queries to raise so presumably she can close out fairly quickly? They're not having searches (they've seen mine and ok with it) or survey done and buying fully in cash.

Soldato
Which media outlet is saying house prices are not going up?

I imagine a lot of people have added to their savings significantly this year because of no travel/ less spend on luxuries. It has also made moving less of a chore as you aren't battling with going into the office on top of all the logistics involved.

No, I meant that even when the media says house prices are up by x percent, what I'm seeing is an even bigger increase. We've enquired about a few houses, and they are under offer for significantly more than what they are listed at.
Crazy times.

Soldato
I've done a little bit of searching myself and have accessed the "Lists of Streets" for the local area and have found that Clementhorpe Road is maintainable at public expense, I'm sending a quick email over to my conveyancer as I don't want my purchase dragging out due to a simple mix up. Am I correct in assuming this is acceptable? I can only assume they have mixed up the main road and the private car park but that seems an extremely basic mistake to make?
It likely isn't the solicitors mixing it up, it's the local authority search. I just had similar where a sale got delayed for several weeks because the buyers local search said the road (a main A road through a big city!) was unadopted. Obviously a mistake, but they couldn't proceed until the search had been corrected by the local authority.

Caporegime
Pics here, although they don't do it justice.

https://imgur.com/a/E8O07Vw

The garage is a bit on the small side, which is disappointing. However the house is £65k cheaper than the one we pulled out of and we both absolutely love it.

Looks fab.

I've always wondered what the external appearance of a house does to the value.

I think our house looks lovely from outside. I see others locally that look basically disgusting. Ie you wouldn't put them up on social media

I have to say the outside of my house did sway me

Back
Top Bottom